Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Byrne's problem this season (same for Falkingham) is that next to Andy Geggan everyone else's faults are more glaring. No doubting his ability to pick out a pass, it's just that tendency to stand out one week and vanish the next that's the problem.

Byrne's problem this season (same for Falkingham) is that next to Andy Geggan everyone else's faults are more glaring. No doubting his ability to pick out a pass, it's just that tendency to stand out one week and vanish the next that's the problem.

Exactly, he's very talented on the ball but physically unable to cope with the pace or toughness of league one. If you can get him time and space then he's excellent but as a central midfielder it's not going to happen unless you have the vision of scholes etc.

I'm sure we were only about 25 minutes into the game against Peterhead when AJ hooked him because he was just getting bullied in there, that sums up that aspect of his game tbh. It's already been said, but he's a good ball player, has good vision and awareness. Scored a few for us as well. 

I thought Wallace being back to full fitness would have seen him rip through League One in the way Faissal or Cardle did this season. Chipped in with some welcome goals and assists but AJ has to have the space to make it truly his own squad. 

Did I see us being linked to Jim Goodwin? Geggan and Goodwin as holding midfielders 'protecting' Big Ben and Talbot. Cardle on the wing ready to deck anyone who steps out of line. Sounds like a winning formula. 

Well since there were two draws there would be two points left over, wouldn't there?

That absolutely fucked my brain to think about but I think you're right.

The Messiah will be delighted at that news.

The truth is that Wallace just isn't the same player after the injuries he's been through. Think its the right call, all the best to him though.

I am  :thumsup2  Nothing against the guy personally, but watching him play almost gave me an aneurysm.

It certainly doesn't look for anyone that hasn't signed up yet. They've been talking about new deals since the win over Brechin at the end of March so that's over six weeks now.

I was thinking that earlier, looks like AJ is getting a start on telling the players that won't be offered a new deal. Hopefully there's still a couple (Faiss, Moffat and Falky) to be signed up but I can't see it happening.