Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is there any chance Fais could be rejoining yourselves or is that just hope more than expectation? Not having a go genuinely curious, heard he was a bit of a player this season albeit against part time defenders.

He's apparently on trial at Blackburn at the moment according the wonderful website of dafc.net.

The fact he was offered a contract 4 months ago and chose not to sign it and still hasn't signed for anyone else, suggests that signing on for the pars again is his last resort.

Personally I think he's treated the club and fans quite poorly and as far as I'm concerned, if he doesn't want to be here then we shouldn't go out our way to get him. I want players who want to actually be at the club, not players who sign for the club cause there are no other better options left.

One thing I will say is his agent talks a good game but the fact that the first competitive action kicks off tomorrow and Faz still hasn't got a club, suggests he can talk the talk but not much more than that...

Of course he doesn't want to be there. He has lofty ambitions. That's not something to be scoffed at or put down. And he'll continue to do a job because he'll still be wanting to put himself out there if he comes back to you.

There's some amount of arrogance or stupidity when it comes to these things. If he becomes available, obviously you should look to have a player of that quality on there. Expecting anything more than the guy to do the job he's paid to do is both funny and naïve.

8 hours ago, parsdaft said:

He's apparently on trial at Blackburn at the moment according the wonderful website of dafc.net.

The fact he was offered a contract 4 months ago and chose not to sign it and still hasn't signed for anyone else, suggests that signing on for the pars again is his last resort.

Personally I think he's treated the club and fans quite poorly and as far as I'm concerned, if he doesn't want to be here then we shouldn't go out our way to get him. I want players who want to actually be at the club, not players who sign for the club cause there are no other better options left.

One thing I will say is his agent talks a good game but the fact that the first competitive action kicks off tomorrow and Faz still hasn't got a club, suggests he can talk the talk but not much more than that...

In what way has he treated the club poorly? He didn't sign a new deal with us because he thought he'd be able to get a better deal elsewhere. It's not his or his agent's fault that we're leaving the door open for him. There is absolutely nothing stopping AJ from using his budget on other players and forgetting about Faiss. I'm not saying that what he should do but he certainly has that option and has had it for months.

You say competitive action starts tomorrow so he's clearly not good a good agent. I'm thinking he might be looking a smidge higher than the lower leagues of Scottish football perhaps? 

In what way has he treated the club poorly? He didn't sign a new deal with us because he thought he'd be able to get a better deal elsewhere. It's not his or his agent's fault that we're leaving the door open for him. There is absolutely nothing stopping AJ from using his budget on other players and forgetting about Faiss. I'm not saying that what he should do but he certainly has that option and has had it for months.

You say competitive action starts tomorrow so he's clearly not good a good agent. I'm thinking he might be looking a smidge higher than the lower leagues of Scottish football perhaps? 

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on him. I just think he came across as very selfish in the last couple of interviews of last season and he could've made a statement thanking the club for what they've done for him over the past couple of seasons.

Regarding his agent, my point still stands. If he was that good, he'd have been offered a contract he couldn't refuse long ago.

10 hours ago, parsdaft said:

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on him. I just think he came across as very selfish in the last couple of interviews of last season and he could've made a statement thanking the club for what they've done for him over the past couple of seasons.

Regarding his agent, my point still stands. If he was that good, he'd have been offered a contract he couldn't refuse long ago.

English clubs aren't long back into pre-season. You genuinely think a Championship side from there would sign him, without a trial, based on one good season at Dunfermline?