Walking Down The Halbeath Road

What's up with big Nat? Did he not play an u20 game recently?

Murdoch is just a bit rusty, TBH he was a bit dodgy against Ayr before when trying to catch something under pressure so that's why he punched maybe? We need a back four that plays every week alongside Murdoch. 

Ashcroft is the only reliable one, Martin is steady but maybe at centre half. Talbot at left back and Ryan at right back? We will still get caught out but after watching BRE and Fordyce they're not at the races. Will give Callum the excuse of being out for so long but no excuse for the goals he's given away. Would look to offload two out of the five mentioned on loan in January and bring in another couple if we can afford it.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Aye? Maybe want to have a look at the own goal though, pretty sure Reilly missed

:lol:

Seriously? You're comparing the two chances?

The service to the front two was awful all night, apart from the crosses for Clarks goals. Probably Reillys fault. I blame him for the keeper looking dodgy too

26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Pretty sure most posters on this forum could score a majority like that.

Im sure they could to. The point, though, was that Farid had come up with an "important moment" and Reilly hasnt.

You're taking Reilly being a bit anonymous awful personally. Reilly had two chances and missed them, no I wasn't comparing the two chances I was just pointing out that infact Reilly did have a chance from six yards out, from a teammate, and missed.
You had Reilly with his two chances, the two Clarke goals and a good chance for Geggan. That's pretty good going.

Then again I remember the QoTS fans telling us if Reilly wasn't a success then Clarke certainly wouldn't be, minters.

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You're taking Reilly being a bit anonymous awful personally. Reilly had two chances and missed them, no I wasn't comparing the two chances I was just pointing out that infact Reilly did have a chance from six yards out, from a teammate, and missed.
You had Reilly with his two chances, the two Clarke goals and a good chance for Geggan. That's pretty good going.

Then again I remember the QoTS fans telling us if Reilly wasn't a success then Clarke certainly wouldn't be, minters.

Personally? :lol: You trot that line out an awful lot.

So you were comparing them then :rolleyes:

Really? Which Queens fans? I'd be amazed if you can find more than one

Personally?[emoji38]You trot that line out an awful lot.

So you were comparing them then :rolleyes:

Really? Which Queens fans? I'd be amazed if you can find more than one

What word would you use to describe constantly coming on to try and defend an ex player? It genuinely seems that you take it personally that Reilly has been shit for us and feel the need to defend him. Clarke has came in and found it easy enough to score.

No I wasn't, you said if his teammates tried passing to Reilly six yards out with just the keeper to beat that he'd score, that exact scenario played out in the last game and he missed, I didn't try compare them both.

If you had meant "If Reilly had been on the end of the same chance then the exact same would've happened" then you probably should've said that. As it is you didn't and I'm not exactly a mind reader.

I think there's a decent player in Reilly, but for whatever reason it's not working with us so far. His goal against Hibs was sublime- maybe he's best being fed in those situations rather than the utter guff high balls into channels we've been doing up until Saturday.

I reckon that's two posters suggesting Clarke isn't as good as Reilly, delightful.

Interesting signing though I don't know if he'll be as good as Dunfermline hope.

I'm basing this on the feedback of Reilly. If Gav is anonymous in games then I wouldn't expect Clark to be any better.

He's the same kind of player as Reilly but not as good.

Their records arent really comparable though.

Both scored goals in the 2nd division and, of course, Clark outscored Reilly. However, Clark then went to a dominant Rangers team while Reilly stayed at Queens. It took Clark two seasons to score as many goals for Rangers at this level than Reilly managed in one for Queens.

FWIW, the post isn't supposed to be a massive criticism of Clark. It's more a defence of Reilly. If Reilly isn't doing it for The Pars I don't imagine Clark will be the answer. Unless Reilly and Clark form a solid partnership of course. But is it not a case of lack of creativity rather than lack of finishing? If so, Clark definitely isn't the answer. I can't really recall him 'creating something out of nothing'. It'll be interesting to see how they do though and I'm sure a lot of Queens fans will be keeping an eye on them.

On the other hand I said this, bang on.

Someone chuck me a Jezza Clarkson smug gif.

It goes both ways though, if you're midfielders can't see the strikers putting in good movement or getting in good positions you don't make chances. We've had allot of opportunities to get balls into the box and Moff and Reilly haven't been there.

Think of Raith where we had all that play and possession in the first half and didn't get have a single decent opportunity. Our strikers movement was horrendous.

I'd taken Clarke missing a few opportunities, sounds like he's adept at getting into good positions.

Which one?

The one that now plays for Forfar. Genuinely contributed more in his time in the championship with us than what Reilly has contributed thus far.
I think there's a decent player in Reilly, but for whatever reason it's not working with us so far. His goal against Hibs was sublime- maybe he's best being fed in those situations rather than the utter guff high balls into channels we've been doing up until Saturday.

Going by his record with Queens previously their must be a decent player I'd agree, however he has been really rather poor for us. I mentioned it before but it becomes a two way street, if midfielders are putting in crosses and balls into the box and nothing is coming off then they lose faith in the striker. Against Raith we got allot of crosses into the box and Reilly was never in a genuinely threatening position. Clarke is always getting himself in between the centre backs and getting in a position where if something does fall he can score. He's done that three times in two games, nothing was stopping Reilly doing that before.

He does pressure defenders which is nice but I'd rather he focused on getting in threatening positions.

Im sure they could to. The point, though, was that Farid had come up with an "important moment" and Reilly hasnt.

Back to the original point: it's an easy finish in the end for Farid, aye, but who's to say Reilly would have got that far? Farid was on his toes and read the pass going in that direction. I'm not saying Reilly would have been back at the halfway line (he's a striker- there's a good chance he may have got himself into that position) but my point was that Farid had one chance and he took it.

FWIW I like Reilly, and I echo the sentiment that there's quite obviously a good player there, he doesn't need to prove it here (not at Championship level anyway). However he's started pretty much every game for which he's been available and has yet to come up with anything of note other than the goal at Hibs. I really hope it starts to come off for him soon though.

Very much so, who knows a few games out the side could actually be the making of his time here. Go out, get a few games at U20 level and hopefully get a few goals.

Can't remember who it was but they were bang on when they said his 1 on 1 miss was pretty indicative of where he is at Dunfermline now, he was just totally lacking in confidence to go and get the ball on his right foot. AJ is evidently a big fan so he'll continue to get his chance.

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
Very much so, who knows a few games out the side could actually be the making of his time here. Go out, get a few games at U20 level and hopefully get a few goals.

Can't remember who it was but they were bang on when they said his 1 on 1 miss was pretty indicative of where he is at Dunfermline now, he was just totally lacking in confidence to go and get the ball on his right foot. AJ is evidently a big fan so he'll continue to get his chance.

If it's the moment I think you're thinking of, that was me. He kept himself half a yard away from the defender and took a weak shot on his left rather than taking the defender on and trying to come in on his right foot.

To me, it just looked like a striker who really lacked confidence in a situation that most strikers would thrive on.

Edited by smpar

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

What word would you use to describe constantly coming on to try and defend an ex player? It genuinely seems that you take it personally that Reilly has been shit for us and feel the need to defend him. Clarke has came in and found it easy enough to score.

No I wasn't, you said if his teammates tried passing to Reilly six yards out with just the keeper to beat that he'd score, that exact scenario played out in the last game and he missed, I didn't try compare them both.

If you had meant "If Reilly had been on the end of the same chance then the exact same would've happened" then you probably should've said that. As it is you didn't and I'm not exactly a mind reader.

I'd describe it as disagreeing with someone elses opinion. You seem determined to point out how bad Reilly is, are you taking it personally?

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I reckon that's two posters suggesting Clarke isn't as good as Reilly, delightful.

On the other hand I said this, bang on.

Someone chuck me a Jezza Clarkson smug gif.

:lol:

Thats one poster plus me comparing their scoring records. I never said one was better than the other.

59 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The one that now plays for Forfar. Genuinely contributed more in his time in the championship with us than what Reilly has contributed thus far.

Going by his record with Queens previously their must be a decent player I'd agree, however he has been really rather poor for us. I mentioned it before but it becomes a two way street, if midfielders are putting in crosses and balls into the box and nothing is coming off then they lose faith in the striker. Against Raith we got allot of crosses into the box and Reilly was never in a genuinely threatening position. Clarke is always getting himself in between the centre backs and getting in a position where if something does fall he can score. He's done that three times in two games, nothing was stopping Reilly doing that before.

He does pressure defenders which is nice but I'd rather he focused on getting in threatening positions.

Do I really have to point out that different players thrive on different kinds of service? Clark has always been far better at making runs like that in the box. Reilly is far better with balls over the top. On Saturday, the majority of balls forward went straight to the centre halves. Neither Clark or Reilly are going to do much with that.