Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Reilly had a great over the top chance against Dundee United and fluffed it into the keeper. Also missed a pen.

Nobody wants him to fail, complete opposite, but with his goal scoring reputation at this level he has been very disappointing.

Even when Moffat wasn't scoring he at least he held the ball up, the balls are just coming straight back to us now. I'd rather play Moffat than Reilly, he doesn't contribute anything.

Farid and Clark look miles ahead of anything we have seen so far this season. 

Wouldn't say I'm determined at all, it just seems a pretty popular topic. I admire your staunch defence of Reilly, even if the whole "Give him a chance six yards and out he'll score" was flawed you still went balls deep in it, lovely.

I took your last sentence as one indicating that Reilly was the better player at this level.

While some balls did go to the centre half's I'd disagree it was the majority, we seemed guilty of overplaying it at times but by and large the football was alright. As demonstrated by the four goals.

I remember looking at the video of Reilly during his time at Queens and I can't remember him scoring many from running onto a ball humped over the top?

AJ is certainly giving him every chance. As he did with McCabe. And I think they've performed to similar standard. I think a fit Farid will displace Riley easily enough. He has shown more in a couple of cameos than Riley has all season. I

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Reilly had a great over the top chance against Dundee United and fluffed it into the keeper. Also missed a pen.

Nobody wants him to fail, complete opposite, but with his goal scoring reputation at this level he has been very disappointing.

Even when Moffat wasn't scoring he at least he held the ball up, the balls are just coming straight back to us now. I'd rather play Moffat than Reilly, he doesn't contribute anything.

Farid and Clark look miles ahead of anything we have seen so far this season. 

I've never been Moff's biggest fan and was surprised we re-signed him but wouldn't mind seeing him ahead of Reilly now we have Clark. Only question mark over Farid is his general fitness - will he be a super-sub or can we start him without breaking him? 

To me Reilly just seems to run about like a headless chicken rather than making intelligent runs, unlike Clark. He has showed very little in his time here and I think Farid should start up front with Nicky.

QotS fans defending him is something spectacular. Do you watch him every week? How many chances does he get to turn good? He's had enough. Dropped.

My Dad doesn't get to many games due to poor health, so Saturday was a rare chance for him to see a live Pars match. Aside from our defending almost finishing him off, he was baffled at Reilly's performance. If you weren't specifically looking out for him you'd struggle to notice he was even playing.

He's been a massive disappointment and should be dropped. Hopefully it pisses him off and he comes back firing.

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

What's up with big Nat? Did he not play an u20 game recently?

Murdoch is just a bit rusty, TBH he was a bit dodgy against Ayr before when trying to catch something under pressure so that's why he punched maybe? We need a back four that plays every week alongside Murdoch. 

Ashcroft is the only reliable one, Martin is steady but maybe at centre half. Talbot at left back and Ryan at right back? We will still get caught out but after watching BRE and Fordyce they're not at the races. Will give Callum the excuse of being out for so long but no excuse for the goals he's given away. Would look to offload two out of the five mentioned on loan in January and bring in another couple if we can afford it.

:lol: Aye, we're in a position to just pay off some contracts and bring others in

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

3 strikers plus Hopkirk tbf.

In an ideal world I'd look if anyone was interested in taking on one off Fordyce or BRE along with Reilly or Moffat. Should be easier to just not renew Reillys loan.

Isn't Reilly on a season long loan? It was announced as that when he signed. I'd imagine Hearts will have a January recall option and it's possible Reilly has an option to cancel it. Dunfermline almost certainly don't have the option to do so unilaterally (though they could probably effectively force Reilly to do it if they wanted to).

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Isn't Reilly on a season long loan? It was announced as that when he signed. I'd imagine Hearts will have a January recall option and it's possible Reilly has an option to cancel it. Dunfermline almost certainly don't have the option to do so unilaterally (though they could probably effectively force Reilly to do it if they wanted to).

I'd imagine if he isn't getting game time then Hearts would want to recall him pretty sharpish tbh

18 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

I'd imagine if he isn't getting game time then Hearts would want to recall him pretty sharpish tbh

If he's not in their plans why would they? The money Dunfermline are paying will be subsidising his wages at least. I doubt he's at Dunfermline to assist in his "development". They aren't learning anything by sending Reilly to a League he's already experienced in and it's not usual practice to send someone out for a year from the word go for development (unless it's a keeper).

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

If he's not in their plans why would they? The money Dunfermline are paying will be subsidising his wages at least. I doubt he's at Dunfermline to assist in his "development". They aren't learning anything by sending Reilly to a League he's already experienced in and it's not usual practice to send someone out for a year from the word go for development (unless it's a keeper).

He's been sent out because he wasn't going to be playing anywhere near regularly for Hearts, sending him out to not play regularly in a division below would be senseless.

Just now, TheMessiah said:

He's been sent out because he wasn't going to be playing anywhere near regularly for Hearts, sending him out to not play regularly in a division below would be senseless.

Only if they still think there's a player in there they can develop further. If they've decided he isn't going to do then the money they can get back in for him will be more important than whose stand he's sitting in.

I hope you're right though. It just seemed odd to send him out on loan for a whole year as soon as the window opened in the summer and before they had any replacements sorted. That's not really the actions of a club who see him as having a longer term future there.

I think I'm getting him mixed up with Herron who's only here till January, sakes.

Dobbie to get a long term injury and Reilly to make a heroes return in January, heard it here first.

Unless of course they're doing it purely to get him of the wage bill due to them not rating him, if they aren't going to renew his contract they won't give a damn about his game time.