Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

When you swap in Higgy for Longridge and Beadling for Vincent and maybe Muirhead or Keana for Fais that seems like a top four side.

I just wish AJ didn’t mess around with a formation that worked but it has worked out ok. I still think that Ross County will win the league but we are capable of beating Ayr and feel they will crash and burn at some stage. I did feel that way about Livvy mind you.

Williamson, Martin, Thomson, Higgy, Murdoch,  Muirhead, Beadling, Devine, Hippo and Keana.

Hopefully before Xmas they will all be back. Not sure about Sean. That’s a good squad.

You may well be proved correct but if the crash and burn doesn't happen in the near future then it probably won't happen, confidence is everything in sport and we appear to have it in spades, even after the 2 doings we've had this season we've refound it very quickly.

2 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

You got a banning order from East End Park?

No. I'm sure I'll attend a couple this season but East End is just a very dull place to watch football for the most part.

9 hours ago, ayrmad said:

You may well be proved correct but if the crash and burn doesn't happen in the near future then it probably won't happen, confidence is everything in sport and we appear to have it in spades, even after the 2 doings we've had this season we've refound it very quickly.

You have form for it tbf.  See November 2015.  

Even your manager has admitted that so far very lucky with suspensions and injuries - so if they do bite, have you got the squad to cope with a sustained title challenge?  

But fair play, keep winning and shut everybody up!

1 hour ago, parsboi said:

You have form for it tbf.  See November 2015.  

Even your manager has admitted that so far very lucky with suspensions and injuries - so if they do bite, have you got the squad to cope with a sustained title challenge?  

But fair play, keep winning and shut everybody up!

We haven't got form for it, this side is far removed from any of our teams in recent years, as for squad depth, who knows, we've 16 to 18 players that I'm happy to see on the pitch, if it's enough it's enough, if not, oh well, I'm just making sure I ride it for all it's worth while it's there.

46 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

We haven't got form for it, this side is far removed from any of our teams in recent years, as for squad depth, who knows, we've 16 to 18 players that I'm happy to see on the pitch, if it's enough it's enough, if not, oh well, I'm just making sure I ride it for all it's worth while it's there.

No wonder you're top of the league if you're playing 16-18 players!

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Keena starting for Hearts reserves today so you might see him sooner rather than later.

Nice! Promising news. Given we're playing on Saturday in the Irn Bru Cup we might see him come on at some point if he's fit enough to start today.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

No wonder you're top of the league if you're playing 16-18 players!

Nice! Promising news. Given we're playing on Saturday in the Irn Bru Cup we might see him come on at some point if he's fit enough to start today.

There are times in the past where our best 16-18 players on at once wouldn't have beaten most teams, I'm sure you've experienced similar as have all diddy fans.

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

There are times in the past where our best 16-18 players on at once wouldn't have beaten most teams, I'm sure you've experienced similar as have all diddy fans.

Of course. Many time. It's all part of it.

It's still a fucking football game and it's still nice to see us (hopefully) win. I'd like to see us win every game we go into.
This downplaying of the challenge cup is a bit silly. No, it's not a priority but would I like to see us win it? Aye, of course. Wouldn't go fucking apeshit like if we won the Scottish Cup but still.

24 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's still a fucking football game and it's still nice to see us (hopefully) win. I'd like to see us win every game we go into.
This downplaying of the challenge cup is a bit silly. No, it's not a priority but would I like to see us win it? Aye, of course. Wouldn't go fucking apeshit like if we won the Scottish Cup but still.

Just don't want to support any competition that includes the 'Colt' sides tbh. I didn't care about the Challenge Cup much anyway but you know it's a dry run for trying to get the reserve teams into the pyramid.

Just don't want to support any competition that includes the 'Colt' sides tbh. I didn't care about the Challenge Cup much anyway but you know it's a dry run for trying to get the reserve teams into the pyramid.
On the Colt bit sure, I agree sadly. Awful, poorly concealed front for a horrific idea.

I didn’t mind the Colt idea, to be honest. Particularly as it includes all top flight clubs, rather than just the two. What makes the Colt idea terrible, is that they then included non-Scottish teams. This means that they play every round, from the second round onwards, during international breaks. This means that the better ‘colt’ players are unavailable for these games, which is surely defeating the purpose of including them?

I’m also not convinced that it’s a dry run for getting reserve teams into the league at all. To me, it was more recognition that the lack of ‘reserve league’ (which we now have) meant that there was a huge gap between u20 league and first team standard. This gave youngsters experience of playing against experienced, physical players, which should aid their development.

26 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I didn’t mind the Colt idea, to be honest. Particularly as it includes all top flight clubs, rather than just the two. What makes the Colt idea terrible, is that they then included non-Scottish teams. This means that they play every round, from the second round onwards, during international breaks. This means that the better ‘colt’ players are unavailable for these games, which is surely defeating the purpose of including them?

I’m also not convinced that it’s a dry run for getting reserve teams into the league at all. To me, it was more recognition that the lack of ‘reserve league’ (which we now have) meant that there was a huge gap between u20 league and first team standard. This gave youngsters experience of playing against experienced, physical players, which should aid their development.

Do you really think there’s that much of a difference between the reserve league and the under 20 league of seasons gone by? The Colts teams in the challenge cup are a waste of everyone’s time - get them in the bin. 

Keena played 90 mins for hearts reserves today. Does that mean he is available for Saturday?

Would guess so,

Would keep the team mostly the same, we are beginning to find some kind of momentum but I think our confidence can still be quite easily dented by 1 bad game.

However there should still be space there to give beadling a start and keena some time from the bench.