Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Keena played 90 mins for hearts reserves today. Does that mean he is available for Saturday?

Sure I remember him scoring for Hearts Colts in an earlier round, so he’ll be cup tied unless the rules are different for colts. Callum Smith cup tied for us as well.

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’m also not convinced that it’s a dry run for getting reserve teams into the league at all.

It is. You can tell just by how Doncaster has laughably been describing the Irn Bru as hugely successful and popular. Letting them into the diddiest cup was a 'soft launch' to which the SPFL would hail as a huge success no matter what happened and use that as a springboard to get Celtic and Rangers youngsters into League Two.

If you buy into any of the other nonsense reasons given for it then you're either painfully naive or just a bit thick tbh.

If clubs want their young players to play against lower league opposition, then loan them out to lower league clubs.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Keena played 90 mins for hearts reserves today. Does that mean he is available for Saturday?

Almost

9 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Sure I remember him scoring for Hearts Colts in an earlier round, so he’ll be cup tied unless the rules are different for colts. Callum Smith cup tied for us as well.

Aye just checked and he scored against Ross County

Nice to see that we have absolutely broken a few of Falkirk fans. One boy admitting he stayed outside the Main Stand with his mates on Saturday to ‘confront’ the players.

18 minutes ago, smpar said:

Nice to see that we have absolutely broken a few of Falkirk fans. One boy admitting he stayed outside the Main Stand with his mates on Saturday to ‘confront’ the players.

Please say he's written this online somewhere. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Please say he's written this online somewhere. 

https://onef.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30715&sid=373df853a7cb9d2be492afa2c8f1c02c&start=20

yesterdsy just after 1pm.

glorious.

As if that’s going to help?!  Falkirk fans really do have a strange mentality and it permeates through the whole classless club.  If you watch the players interviews after derby day defeats, it’s great TV for us.  They absolutely pelt the players - guilt trip them like hell.  Then wonder why they’re not up for a fight the next time?

Weird people. 

Ok, this is embarrassing but I will admit what I did on Saturday after the game.
Myself an two others went and waited at the Main Stand to tell the players what we thought. We did try to get a few more of us, but to be honest, guys who have been to watch Falkirk for 30yrs + are just not interested, that's how disheartened they are.
Anyway, so first to come out was Lewis Kidd, who saw me once I shouted at him how poor team had been, he went back inside and didn't come back out the whole time I stayed. I know he didn't play, but he is as culpable as the rest, but wasn't interested in having "the chat".
Next out came Robson and Harrison. I told them it was completely unacceptable, and were they happy with themselves. To be fair to the lads, they had the balls to stand and talk to me. Both said they were hurting, and they hated losing as much as the fans did. I told them their effort and commitment was zero, and they said they realised the performance today was unacceptable. I asked what thy would do to fix it, and they just said try harder in training blah blah blah. At least they had a word, and spoke back. 
Out next comes Captain Fantastic. I told him the same about lack of effort and the players not caring. He stopped half kind of squared up to me (not in a real aggressive manner I would add) and said did I really think the players hadnt tried. I said yes. he said I was wrong and that they showed commitment out there. I laughed and told him he must be joking if he things thats the best they can give. He said they gave their all. I told him that he, and the rest of them were a disgrace to the top. At that point, this internal nugget was ushering them all away from me and my two pals. 
Big Leishman came out, and I asked him what he thought of the Falkirk team based on what he had seen of us in the past. He admitted we were poor, but said Ray would turn it around. Stood and had a bit of banter with him. For all the years of us hating him, he truly is a gent and a genuinely decent guy. We all knew this anyway.
Mr Totten didnt say much, just said were were poor. I didnt have the fight to say anything more to him. Its not really down to him, is it.
Then the assistant Manager came out. Cant remember his name. Told him they were a disgrace out there and all he said was we are trying to fix it.
To be fair, its not his and McKinnons fault at this time.
Shouted over to Fason he was a disgrace to the jersey. Again, the internal nugget just ushered him away. 
I basically told all the ones who came out that years ago there would be 100 odd outside, but we are just that hopeless that nobody even cares to shout at them anymore.I also reminded them that this is the worst Falkirk Team I have ever seen, and we have made the worst start statistically since out inception in 1876. Whether that was true or not Im not even sure, but we surely cant be far off it??
We gave up and left after that. I felt a total kn0b shouting (not screaming I may add) at the players myself, but fcuk it, ive had enough. 
Apathy is rife at FFC, and even the fans do it now. Keyboard warriers galore, but nobody ready to actually do anything about it. Me included apart from a wee rant at the players on Saturday.

My summary? These players don't think they are as bad as they are. They really dont. 
Just let that settle in to your head then think where will we be in 9 months time.......

At least he admits it's embarrassing...

What would that even achieve?! Does he think that the Falkirk players would suddenly think "Actually, he's right! Let's not be totally shite and somehow play way beyond our actual ability!"?

I'm not sure there was a lack of effort from Falkirk; rather they're just utterly shite and are a team full of absolute jobbers totally bereft of confidence.

Also not sure why they were shouting at their keeper; he made a couple of really good saves.

Oh, I should add that I saw a sad wee incident in Falkirk after the game. A wee group of Pars and Falkirk fans were giving it the whole 'Green Street' patter, secure behind some police. They knew they could never actually get close enough to touch each other but were all acting hard and trying to make out that they'd batter the others, all safely behind a line of police.

What would that even achieve?! Does he think that the Falkirk players would suddenly think "Actually, he's right! Let's not be totally shite and somehow play way beyond our actual ability!"?
I'm not sure there was a lack of effort from Falkirk; rather they're just utterly shite and are a team full of absolute jobbers totally bereft of confidence.
Also not sure why they were shouting at their keeper; he made a couple of really good saves.

Oh, I should add that I saw a sad wee incident in Falkirk after the game. A wee group of Pars and Falkirk fans were giving it the whole 'Green Street' patter, secure behind some police. They knew they could never actually get close enough to touch each other but were all acting hard and trying to make out that they'd batter the others, all safely behind a line of police.

Watch our second goal back on YouTube - and not just the final few passes. The numbers 7, 19 and 25 barely get into a jog as we stroke the ball about, then as el Bakhtaoui goes past the first man, he's having to point and shout for another defender to close him down. They'd given up by that point, in fact I'd say they'd given up long before then.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I remember coming out of a game there a few years ago there.  Must have been 15-20 on each side of the path from the car park to the main road doing similar.  One police officer who was about 8 stone was all that was keeping the peace.   Its all very pathetic.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I remember coming out of a game there a few years ago there.  Must have been 15-20 on each side of the path from the car park to the main road doing similar.  One police officer who was about 8 stone was all that was keeping the peace.   Its all very pathetic.

Indeed. If they really wanted to scrap, and not just be posing wanks, they could have easily organised a place where no one was around and went at it. 

In your example they could easily have went at it anyway and the police couldn't have stopped them, but as we know most of these types are just wee fannies.