Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

More the sort of goals we concede really, and how we often drop out of games if we take the lead and make it easier for teams to get back in to it.

As per points per game, Grant 'achieved' 0.59 and Hughes is currently on 1.1.

Christ that's absolutely stinking. 

Like both of them are, but Grant's is really, really bad. 

Two home games in a week now. 

No excuses are valid from here. Shit ref decisions or hitting woodwork doesn't wash for me. Despite these issues we must find away to win games.

Got to defend better at crosses which have been a real issue all season. The players need to grow a pair when presented with chances/half chances too. We need to take a shot more often than trying to pass around the whole defence. Hughes needs to change his system to allow us to get more players in the box when we attack and get forward with more pace.

Genuinely think it's our last chance to put a few wins together and trying staying up automatically.

Edited by Chubbychops

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Hughes hasn’t been good.

He’s been an improvement on Grant.

Both things can be true.

I personally don’t think he’d want to stick around for a season in League 1 but I guess we’ll cross that bridge when it comes to it.

Aye Hughes is better than Grant in any metric folk care to name. More points, goals and wins and less goals conceded comparatively.

He's still been poor though. If we go down and there isn't a relegation clause, not sure he'll leave, as where would he go? Another relegation on his CV ends his chances of any decent sized job again surely? Whereas if he stayed and somehow got us back up, he could easily claim that the relegation was the fault of Grant due to the stinking team he was left with (that has some truth to it too, but Hughes can't be absolved of blame despite what he may claim if ever asked).

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Christ that's absolutely stinking. 

Like both of them are, but Grant's is really, really bad. 

Aye it's an absolute shocker. Grant is the worst manager in our history.

Hughes will not be remembered favourably at all should he take us down and leave.

44 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Quality comms from the club still I see. Got this earlier today....what day is it again?554e0910b4a3bd80a21f27be75fd9864.jpg

Aye, got the same one.

So fucking lazy honestly. I know the club are short-staffed but you’d be better doing nothing than that.

Same issue on social media; it’s obvious all the posts are scheduled in advance and it’s not being taken as priority or any attempt made to create unique or interesting content.

That is a *big* issue because a lot of stuff you can do on social media is cheap or even free. It’s one way you can help grow the “brand” without being hamstrung too much by being a smaller club.

32 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That is a *big* issue because a lot of stuff you can do on social media is cheap or even free. It’s one way you can help grow the “brand” without being hamstrung too much by being a smaller club.

Which is why we are utterly destroyed by clubs much smaller than us with their social media. We can do so much better.

I emailed the club about my concerns over the direction we were going with fan engagement being part of that.   Was told that they were surprised that there was any concern of fan engagement because they held the Q&A and put an article on the website for it and put some posts up linking too it.  It’s seems the club genuinely consider the output to be of a good quality, baffling stuff 

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Which is why we are utterly destroyed by clubs much smaller than us with their social media. We can do so much better.

I emailed the club about my concerns over the direction we were going with fan engagement being part of that.   Was told that they were surprised that there was any concern of fan engagement because they held the Q&A and put an article on the website for it and put some posts up linking too it.  It’s seems the club genuinely consider the output to be of a good quality, baffling stuff 

If we're venting about the club's online presence then I'd like to add how dated the website is and poor it is to navigate. Desperately needs an update.

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

NW stand pretty much sold out. Club Expecting 4-4.5K tonight based on sales earlier today.

That's brilliant! Really pleasantly surprised by that!

My only caveat to the crowd prediction is that the club may well be adding paying ticket sales to season ticket holder sales. I do know two season ticket holders that are sitting the house getting pished watching the game, rather than giving their struggling team a bit of backing. There may be other that do the same.

Edited by Chubbychops

Since I’ve been critical of him this week, it’s only fair that I mention that Chalmers played much better tonight, had more fight about him and did help drive us forward at times. Hard to really fault the players, luck wasn’t on our side though. O’Hara hit the post, had the offside goal and we had a few decent chances. The goal we conceded was also just awful to concede, rather than being a good goal. Having said that, if Muirhead hadn’t come off the front post, he blocks that on the line. Morton will probably be really disappointed to concede the equaliser in that manner.

Manager had to make changes much earlier and had to make more than one. Midfielders in the middle of the park were dead on their feet for the last 20 minutes. Just get fresh legs on. He’s too bloody stubborn and just seems to absolutely hate making subs. If he’d made subs earlier and freshened things up, I think we’d have had a real chance to win.

McCann took his goal well and looked really up for it - their defenders were being challenged for the first time all night once he came on. We absolutely have to go 2 up front on Tuesday. No time for excuses or playing it safe, we need to have a go at Partick and do all that we can to get 3 points.

Sorry but Yogi is a fukin clown. 

The same predictable shit for 80 mins. He then put McCann on and surprise, surprise, we score a goal with two up top. Over complicating a the Scottish Championship. He just doesn't get it.

This team mixing it up a bit and getting more direct and more men in the box could win games but his default pishy slow passing system is sending us down.

Fans have been saying it for weeks but he can't find the balls to start that way. He's only comfortable doing it with 10 mins to go.

Get him to fuk.