Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Dom and Lawless won’t be here next season anyway. Out-with they two, I genuinely wouldn’t be sad to see any one of the current crop of players go. Of course McCann, Allan, and Todd will remain regardless, but if we do go down we need to get some of these players on high wages shifted. I imagine they wouldn’t want to stay at us in League 1 anyway when there’s going to be (possibly) a new manager who will start culling.

The amount of money Dorrans and Mehmet are reported to be on would make you sick. Disgraceful waste of resources. That simply cannot be happening next season. Hopefully Chalmers has a relegation clause as he is fucking murder. The only one I think who you could argue has earned a contract would be Pybus. He’s not a world beater or anything, but at least he is going the extra mile more than the sack of turds around him to make something happen. But even at that I’d rather see us going down the young manager with fresh approach route with a completely new team. Whatever we have tried out-with that method hasn’t worked the past 10 years so it’s time for something different I think.

It’d be naïve to think not one of the current crop will remain, but at the same time you’d hope the squad is as bare as possible for a complete rebuild, that’s regardless if we’re in the Championship or League 1.
Chalmers more than capable of playing in a team competing for League 1 title.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
11 hours ago, DAFC. said:
Dom and Lawless won’t be here next season anyway. Out-with they two, I genuinely wouldn’t be sad to see any one of the current crop of players go. Of course McCann, Allan, and Todd will remain regardless, but if we do go down we need to get some of these players on high wages shifted. I imagine they wouldn’t want to stay at us in League 1 anyway when there’s going to be (possibly) a new manager who will start culling.

The amount of money Dorrans and Mehmet are reported to be on would make you sick. Disgraceful waste of resources. That simply cannot be happening next season. Hopefully Chalmers has a relegation clause as he is fucking murder. The only one I think who you could argue has earned a contract would be Pybus. He’s not a world beater or anything, but at least he is going the extra mile more than the sack of turds around him to make something happen. But even at that I’d rather see us going down the young manager with fresh approach route with a completely new team. Whatever we have tried out-with that method hasn’t worked the past 10 years so it’s time for something different I think.

It’d be naïve to think not one of the current crop will remain, but at the same time you’d hope the squad is as bare as possible for a complete rebuild, that’s regardless if we’re in the Championship or League 1.

he going to Kelty?

I’m sure Falkirk fans have said this about umpteen players that have dropped down from the Championship. In reality, the only level that he will consistently do well at is League 2 where he has loads of time and space to do what he wants.

I’m sure Falkirk fans have said this about umpteen players that have dropped down from the Championship. In reality, the only level that he will consistently do well at is League 2 where he has loads of time and space to do what he wants.
I disagree and think he's getting it way too tight from our fans so far (appreciate you'll have seen more of him though)

I don't think Chalmers has been awful, but a) we paid actual money for him and b) he was brought in to a specific role which he doesn't seem to do very well.

Donaldson on the other hand had a torrid debut and could have been a real scapegoat but seems like a decent addition. It helps he's popped up with a couple of goals since we don't do goalscoring centre forwards.

The absolute minimum I expect any player to do at this level is: 

A) Be able to play simple 5 yard passes

B) Put in a decent shift by closing down the opposition and asserting themselves by not shiting out of challenges and 

C) Be able to offer something the rest of the team can't do as well e.g. Edwards and Comrie do bomb forward quite often giving us a pass out wide; O'Hara often tries to run in behind; Dorrans links up the the rest of the team far up the park where possible; Dom has tricks galore; Donaldson is Ruud Gullit. What does Chalmers offer that the others don't? Nothing I've seen. 

I'm not saying he's a scapegoat, just that he's a shitebag and not what we need fighting relegation from this level otherwise we wouldn't have also brought in Polworth. 

I'd play Pybus and Polworth on Friday and go two up top. Get Todorov and O'Hara up there and just fucking try and rough up their defence and offer an outlet in behind. 

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There’s no middle ground with football supporters tbf. Everyone is either brilliant or shite.

Chalmers is not great but he’s been nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

That's not true though, the vast, vast majority of our squad are in that middle ground, Chalmers has been the worst. 

What does he actually do? What does he achieve? He's not even good at making himself an option to recycle the ball in defence, he's got absolutely no attacking penetration but is somehow an absolute ghost defensively, what is his role that he's meant to be doing? 

He's wash. 

58 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

At least we know who the new scapegoat is. There always needs to be one.

Or, alternatively, and here me out on this. 

We're bottom of the league so some of our players are shite? 

I don’t think we paid much for chalmers but nobody who knows will say, Ayr we’re seemingly happy to see him off the books,  possibly with a sell on if he suddenly turned into a decent player.

On his performances, couldn’t say I was too up or down about him until I watched the 2nd from the weekend, he can now take himself so far too f**k, absolute disgraceful effort from him.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I saw the 2nd goal and would definitely suggest Comrie’s effort on the line was substantially worse.

However Comrie isn’t a scapegoat so that gets ignored or explained away as unfortunate.

Shite take.