Walking Down The Halbeath Road

25 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

I can live with that.

Go on, tell me why...

I'll flip it, who would you have supported in last seasons scottish cup final had Falkirk beaten Caley Thistle in the semi?

We all enjoy rivalries in football. You can't be wanting your two biggest rivals to be getting any sort of success, even if it means them losing to the Old Firm. It's another trophy in the trophy cabinet of the ugly sisters but I'd sooner have that than see either Falkirk or Ratih putting one trophy in their cabinet. Everyone has their opinions and I understand the wee teams wanting to get one over the big two, or even the bigger teams in general but my opinion is that I don't want to see our own personal rivals winning trophies. The same way I think Ayr wouldn't have liked seeing Killie win the league cup, or even fans of the Dundee clubs seeing StJohnstone winning a domestic cup double.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When was the last time a player was subbed instead of getting a red card in a friendly? We're surely going back many, many years, if not decades. I can't recall the last time it happened, but I can recall the last red a Pars player got in a friendly.

I have no basis for this but I can picture it being Ivo for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

Yeah I agree. I would quite happily sit and  watch Rovers/Falkirk pump one of the OF in a run of the mill league game, but in a final. Nah, that’s like England getting to a cup final. Shit your breeks time. 

*Except the Diddy cup final at Easter road. 

41 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I'll flip it, who would you have supported in last seasons scottish cup final had Falkirk beaten Caley Thistle in the semi?

I did say "even if it means a cup final victory and never hearing the end of it" so I'd have preferred Falkirk to beat Celtic. Under no circumstances am I supporting an Old Firm team. 

If Falkirk got to a final and were playing anyone other than Celtic or Rangers, then I'd be rooting for their opponents and that includes Raith.

28 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

Yeah I agree. I would quite happily sit and  watch Rovers/Falkirk pump one of the OF in a run of the mill league game, but in a final. Nah, that’s like England getting to a cup final. Shit your breeks time. 

Agreed, the only time where I can think I wasn't arsed was in the Diddy Cup final, I chuckled at that. 

5 hours ago, ParsJake said:

I did say "even if it means a cup final victory and never hearing the end of it" so I'd have preferred Falkirk to beat Celtic. Under no circumstances am I supporting an Old Firm team. 

If Falkirk got to a final and were playing anyone other than Celtic or Rangers, then I'd be rooting for their opponents and that includes Raith.

So that Falkirk could win the cup, guarantee European group stage football till Xmas (and the 3 million pound jackpot that comes with it). No thanks.

Edited by Rob1885

18 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

So that Falkirk could win the cup, guarantee European group stage football till Xmas (and the 3 million pound jackpot that comes with it). No thanks.

Yeah, when they beat us in the Cup semi final a wee while back, I was almost more annoyed that they'd get to play in Europe (which they'd never done while we had a long and storied history there and had also qualified twice in recent times) than about our own chances of winning. Luckily they made an arse of things in Liechtenstein. 

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That was class. John Baird utterly broke thousands of Sevco zombies that day.

I genuinely wish that every fan of diddy team could experience a day like that in person. In the whole run up to that game, all the narrative was about a "step in the journey" while getting on over Turnbull Hutton. Their fans had a tifo before the match saying "place the victory crown on the pride of Glasgow town". I've never seen such a jump from sheer arrogance to being completely humiliated. Can't even imagine what 2016 was like for Hibs fans. 

I think McGowan will be announced today/tomorrow. All parties want the deal to be done and he has to be signed/registered to be able to play now. Not the most exciting, but it’s another body in the squad and a player with great experience.

Next signing after that will be a striker.

28 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think McGowan will be announced today/tomorrow. All parties want the deal to be done and he has to be signed/registered to be able to play now. Not the most exciting, but it’s another body in the squad and a player with great experience.

Next signing after that will be a striker.

Fingers crossed on both fronts mate