Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Are we just going to speculate about everyone who has ever played professional football and isn’t confirmed as dead?

Unfortunately we have three games in August that will interfere with all the exciting non-transfer gossip.

39 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Are we just going to speculate about everyone who has ever played professional football and isn’t confirmed as dead?

I think there should be an age limit on said speculation.

9 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I’d take Malurey Martin the now just to see the pen gif

Him, Aiden Keena and Robbie Muirhead were all announced on the same day iirc. Fucking hell fire what a time to be alive.

Unsure what is going on but it’s clear we are not in the best position going into the first game of the season. We have not beat Airdrie but nice last season and that was thanks to a collapse by them, they have strengthened so it will be interesting. 

Mcpake obviously wanted McGowan but I think the fact Tod has put in a few decent performances maybe the board decided it better to give him game time than pay money for McGowan as Tod fits the model of developing players.

As for the close signing, McPake shouldn’t have said anything as everyone is now questioning the reason nothing has happened. 

12 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Him, Aiden Keena and Robbie Muirhead were all announced on the same day iirc. Fucking hell fire what a time to be alive.

We paid money for Muirhead. 

I thought Keena was alright, had shite round him playing sadly. Scored a worldly at Caley.

1 minute ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

Mcpake obviously wanted McGowan

Do we know that? 

And do we know if McGowan was happy being a bit part player here rather than regular game time.

I'm not sure we do.

Anyway hopefully we send a taxi for Ewan Henderson to bring him back from Easter Road.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Do we know that? 

And do we know if McGowan was happy being a bit part player here rather than regular game time.

I'm not sure we do.

Anyway hopefully we send a taxi for Ewan Henderson to bring him back from Easter Road.

Of course McPake wanted him.

Not that it matters as that ship has now sailed. Long term playing Andrew Tod is the correct thing to do for me.

We need fresh faces in, its going to be tough but still have the whole month. 

40 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

Unsure what is going on but it’s clear we are not in the best position going into the first game of the season. We have not beat Airdrie but nice last season and that was thanks to a collapse by them, they have strengthened so it will be interesting. 

Mcpake obviously wanted McGowan but I think the fact Tod has put in a few decent performances maybe the board decided it better to give him game time than pay money for McGowan as Tod fits the model of developing players.

As for the close signing, McPake shouldn’t have said anything as everyone is now questioning the reason nothing has happened. 

I was thinking about that earlier but on the flip side, they never beat us at all so.

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Would like to see M’Voto back. Never got a fair crack at being a striker. We’d have to pay a fee to his current team, VfR Wormatia Worms, but we have the cash.

Still can’t see why he was let go, solid centre half, would have headered his maw. Did he not nearly kill a Falkirk player, think it was the wee scrote that plays left back for Queens Park now. Went up for a header, clash of heads and the boy came out of it looking like he’d been bitten by a shark.

God love the big man. Sure he tweeted after we beat Raith 0-2 in the New Year Derby about how good the Pars fans were when he was playing for them. Joined us five months later 🤣

If the management and board have looked at the McGowan situation and thought, we have Andrew Tod Jnr here, he’s going to be involved, he’s came through the academy, he’s got huge potential, he’s a fraction of the cost McGowan is on, so he’s who we’re going with, then I’m happy enough with that.

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Still can’t see why he was let go, solid centre half, would have headered his maw. Did he not nearly kill a Falkirk player, think it was the wee scrote that plays left back for Queens Park now. Went up for a header, clash of heads and the boy came out of it looking like he’d been bitten by a shark.

God love the big man. Sure he tweeted after we beat Raith 0-2 in the New Year Derby about how good the Pars fans were when he was playing for them. Joined us five months later 🤣

Think it was Andrew Nelson no the Tommy Robson you're thinking of