Walking Down The Halbeath Road

43 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

wasn't it ryan thomson who broke nelson's jaw a couple of seasons earlier, 2-2 game with 2 late goals from us.

He might have, but this was in the 1-2/0-2 win against them when Thomson was no longer at the club, big JYM definitely the Falkirk Killer on that occasion. Both should be knighted IMO.

The chap who does the TN10Y podcast has said possible two signings made before the league opener, a player Dave Mackay is familiar with and the other a former youngster returning home.

Sounds like Wotherspoon and Byrne.

Knowing our luck it'll be Burton O'Brien and Colin Nish

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

The chap who does the TN10Y podcast has said possible two signings made before the league opener, a player Dave Mackay is familiar with and the other a former youngster returning home.

He's a very decent chap. 

31 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

In other news, Dunfermline are taking part in the SPFL reserve league this season. Seems very ambitious, given our current squad size.

Can U16s play in that? 

If so bring on Tod III

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not sure if they’re ITK, or just speculating. I’d be wary of trusting a source that uses #coyp to refer to the club. “One, possibly two, signings to be made for #COYP this week prior to the league opener.” - that’s not how you use that hashtag. This is basically claiming that players will be signing for Come On Ye Pars. It’s something that always bugs me about their tweets.

Be happy if it’s true though. Seems like they’re perhaps just picking up on forum speculation.

Guess another possibility for former youngster might be Lewis Spence? Might have played with McPake at Dundee?

Apologies for the double post...

But 1 NW season ticket is left meaning by some rough maths we have broken 2800 season tickets. Lovely to see.

Edited by 101
This is complete bollocks

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

But 1 NW season ticket is left meaning by some rough maths we have broken 2800 season tickets. Lovely to see.

Did someone on here not say recently we'd broken the 3k mark already?

9 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Did someone on here not say recently we'd broken the 3k mark already?

You're completely right, not had enough coffee!

My rough maths going by previous updates is we have broken the 3400 number or are very close

Would be about 800 up on last year.

The thought of Byrne makes me feel a little fuzzy. The thought of Spence, less so, however he has done well for himself since leaving us so who knows.

If it is Byrne and Wotherspoon and we get them in the door before Saturday I would be pretty happy. Still need more, but for the weekend my mind would change in a positive manner. I'll not lie, knowing we're back to league football on Saturday is so good but the lack of depth in the squad, injuries to Matty & Kane has definitely put a dampener on it.

27 minutes ago, 101 said:

You're completely right, not had enough coffee!

My rough maths going by previous updates is we have broken the 3400 number or are very close

Would be about 800 up on last year.

If you have, thats a great effort, nicely done.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Think people have bought match tickets for the NW for the Airdrie game. If you looK at the Raith game, currently 21 tickets available there. So I think people buying Airdrie tickets means that those seats are then not available for season tickets.

So there will be a small number of tickets available for each game, but fairly certain the NW will be sold out every week. Demand definitely outweighs supply for that area.