Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The decision is mainly Dundee’s not rudden’s and that decision will be based almost entirely on who will pay them the most to take him on loan.

Not really sure about that. Rudden has a contract and if he didn't want to go to a specific club then he could veto it irrespective of how much of his wage was being covered. 

Are the owners plans to build this academy using club funds, if it works and becomes profitable, great, they can cream off the profits, if it doesn’t they can sell the club back to the fans complete with debt at little personal loss to themselves? How long until we hear the rattle of the collection buckets at the KDM?

Edited by Enigma

1 minute ago, Jimmy Baker said:

Not really sure about that. Rudden has a contract and if he didn't want to go to a specific club then he could veto it irrespective of how much of his wage was being covered. 

He has no reason to veto a move to us over Raith, he’d need a strong reason to do so such as significant extra travel, he can’t just say nah I prefer raith even tho their paying you 50% of other clubs.

Just now, Enigma said:

Are the owners plans to build this academy using club funds, if it works and becomes profitable, great, they can cream off the profits, if it doesn’t they can sell the club back to the fans complete with debt at little personal loss to themselves? How long we hear the rattle of the collection buckets at the KDM?

The debt is due to them and entirely conditional on either being written off and club returned to pars united or converted to shares and they take full control.   I have many disagreements about their approach but I don’t think they have any guarantees they won’t end this worse off.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Hang on, the 'rumour' is a loss of at least a million quid?!

Hahaha hahaha! Where the f**k does that figure come from?! Thats surely not what the meeting next week is about?

That, and the rumour that we're also on course for another loss this year. 

Maybe the board just haven't turned on the TV and watched a programme called "The News". 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

He has no reason to veto a move to us over Raith, he’d need a strong reason to do so such as significant extra travel, he can’t just say nah I prefer raith even tho their paying you 50% of other clubs.

Of course he has a reason.If he thought you may not end up in any of the playoff positions and he thought that Raith would then I suspect he would pick them over you.

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Baker said:

Of course he has a reason.If he thought you may not end up in any of the playoff positions and he thought that Raith would then I suspect he would pick them over you.

If raith were offering you less money than us dundee wouldn't even offer hm the chance to go to rovers.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Wouldn't have costed near a mill to lay a plastic pitch.

Sports England beg to differ

https://www.bookteq.com/3g-pitch-cost/

Pitch in Kirckaldy was/is £900k

https://www.fife.gov.uk/news/2023/new-community-led-3g-synthetic-pitch-in-kirkcaldy-takes-a-step-forward

Thank god football is back tomorrow! Win please.

12 hours ago, Well over Par said:

You won’t have long to wait but that figure isn’t wildly out. 
this year not looking much better ytd 

that’s the word on the street 

And fans wonder why it’s so quiet on the signings front ?

Where did this 'word on the street' come from? 

Just the 9 signings this season so far, with others apparently offered deals too.

On 24/01/2024 at 13:56, Rob1885 said:

Oli Shaw recalled by Barnsley, remember being rumoured to be interested in the summer, maybe one we'll revisit

He'd already played for Barnsley before going to Motherwell so can't play for anyone else, and is injured anyway.

Just a thought on first team budget, the centenary club money all now goes directly to academy costs, has the money from this been replaced? Even if only half of it was previously spent on players it still works out to 2-3 players wages

10 hours ago, 101 said:

Sports England beg to differ

https://www.bookteq.com/3g-pitch-cost/

Pitch in Kirckaldy was/is £900k

https://www.fife.gov.uk/news/2023/new-community-led-3g-synthetic-pitch-in-kirkcaldy-takes-a-step-forward

Thank god football is back tomorrow! Win please.

Didn't cost Rovers 900k though

Right! I’ve been fed and watered, ma best pal has been walked, ma two jobs that my wife wanted done have been sorted. I’m away in the shower, then going to pick the lads up, heading to Dundee to find a pub (I’m the designated driver so only one pint for me) doon to the game to roar the mighty Pars on. 
safe travels fellow Pars fans, see ye all there 

COYP

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Right! I’ve been fed and watered, ma best pal has been walked, ma two jobs that my wife wanted done have been sorted. I’m away in the shower, then going to pick the lads up, heading to Dundee to find a pub (I’m the designated driver so only one pint for me) doon to the game to roar the mighty Pars on. 
safe travels fellow Pars fans, see ye all there 

COYP

Quite like the Clep bar. True old school wee place on Clepington Road.

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Quite like the Clep bar. True old school wee place on Clepington Road.

Thanks neebs, but we ended up not getting to a pub, we ended up helping one of our mates finish a job at his house. We got to the ground with ten minutes to spare. 

11 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Thanks neebs, but we ended up not getting to a pub, we ended up helping one of our mates finish a job at his house. We got to the ground with ten minutes to spare. 

More jobs today than a serial moonlighter!

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

More jobs today than a serial moonlighter!

I enjoy a bit of DIY, and the guy needing help is our wee groups mechanic, so is fair play to help him. I do my own services, but he looks after the family cars and my motorbike 

18 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I enjoy a bit of DIY, and the guy needing help is our wee groups mechanic, so is fair play to help him. I do my own services, but he looks after the family cars and my motorbike 

Hope you're taking a day off tomorrow.