Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Forbes reminds me of Steven Bell.

Most people thought he was shite at first, then he had a full pre-season and turned out be a very important player for us.

That's what I'm hoping will happen, he certainly has the potential but hasn't really shown it, for whatever reason.

Also has anyone noticed the size of his fucking legs? I've seen rugby players with smaller thighs than that.

Ross Forbes is a quality footballer. His first few games for us he really stood out, especially in the game he scored a peach in the 3-0 victory against Ayr. However, he fell behind and was dropped. It happens. Hopefully with a full pre-season and time to settle in he'll be a regular for us, just like he was at Partick. Wasn't he often cited as their main man when they won the league?

As for Husband: best of luck to him, but really, he won't be missed. He gives the ball away in the middle quite often and lacks pace. His free kicks are brutal, mostly, as well. If we keep Falky and Geggan then that's a settled centre of midfield we'll have.

At least wages will be freed up to get a couple of strikers after today. I think up front is our main priority just now.

At least wages will be freed up to get a couple of strikers after today.

Not necessarily. Husband could have been released due to the club not being able to afford to keep him on. Also since he was on loan, I doubt the club was paying him all that much. Maybe half his wages? So that wouldn't free a full time wage up.

Think we have to see more players leave before amyone comes in

Not necessarily. Husband could have been released due to the club not being able to afford to keep him on. Also since he was on loan, I doubt the club was paying him all that much. Maybe half his wages? So that wouldn't free a full time wage up.

Think we have to see more players leave before amyone comes in

When was Husband ever on loan at us? As far as I was aware he signed a contract with us in summer 2012.

D'oh. I meant Shankland for the loan part

Would love to get him for another spell again, but I think he'll do a Stevie May and go on loan to a club in a higher division, Alloa, Dumbarton and the like.

I like young Shankland. His Twitter feed reads like a transcript of one of those Weegie Dolmio adverts.

A fully fit Ryan Wallace and Andy Geggan are probably the only outfield ones we'd really struggle to replace. I'm sure Hubby will get himself fixed up at a decent level.

JJ seemed to struggle to adapt to being a lower league manager when it came to contract renewals. Pretty much every other club around our level seems to expect an exodus of players at the end of next season and copes just fine not knowing who will/won't sign without any decent players being frozen out.

Sorry to see him go. A good guy off the park and I rated him as a player on it. Can't agree with the notion that he is lazy - he might not charge around the field continually, but was a very clever player in creating space to receive the ball and always felt he had that little extra creativity in midfield for us.

Hope he finds a new club soon.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20140522/manager-on-thursday_2208031_3850670

Morris away too (as well as Hubby - sounds more of a finance thing with Hubby), offers made to Jonathan Page and Kerr Young. Sounds like it's a low offer to Young. Danny Grainger knows he can re-sign as a last resort but will probably get a game at a higher level. Craig Dargo hanging up the boots.

Ryan Goodfellow, Ross Drummond, Scott Mercer, Declan O'Kane, Lewis Spence and Finn Graham all offered terms.

Update from JJ:

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20140522/manager-on-thursday_2208031_3850670

So, from that, it seems as if we're only losing the loan players, Morris, Grainger and Hubby...everyone else seems to have been offered a new deal or is already under contract...?

If so, I'd say we need:

1 x GK

1 x LB

1 x CB

1 x Winger

2 x Striker

So, 6 new players needed, for me - can we afford them? Not sure. Only time will tell.

Assuming all re-sign, our squad will look like this:

GK-

Goodfellow

Wilson

DEF-

Millen

Williamson

Martin

Page

Young

O'Kane

Drummond

Whittle

MID-

Falkingham

Geggan

Thomson

Byrne

Spence

Graham

Mercer

Forbes

Faissal

ST-

Wallace

Smith

Edit: just remembered I forgot O'Kane, now added to the list.

Edited by dafcburty

I read that to mean husband has been offered a deal but it was very low as we had the numbers signed up in midfield already, that low he has rejected it outright.

Seems Young has also been offered a low value contract, but he is going away to think about it.

Morris is likely to leave, but option is there if he decides to use it, similar with Grainger but Danny seems more likely to stay.

Everyone else seem to have been offered a deal that JJ feels they will sign.

Harsh to say Thomson should be punted when he hasn't played his actual position for over a year. Maybe he has played in midfield for some games recently but I honestly can't remember. JJ clearly sees, like everyone else, it's not working with him up front, so time to put him back in midfield.

Not financially viable to keep Husband when we have a glut of central midfielders. Makes sense to me.Reading between the lines, he's also not been massively impressed with Young's development. Grainger I think will find a club higher up the totem pole. Morris leaving was expected.

If we were struggling so much up front, why was Craig Dargo not playing towards the end of the season? Was surely at least worth a shot?