Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Moff would be a total coup for us on £700 pw.

Is it just me that thinks this is very dangerous ground? No way should we be paying such wages at this level.

Edited by DA Baracus

I think if Page was rated that highly, he'd probably not have played zero seconds in the play-off final.

The selection of the back four this season and most of the team has been a bit inconsistent this season.

After the Stenhousemuir game Kerr young was berated by Jeffries and left out the side.

Whittle was great at left back, pulled off at ibrox and shouted at then we lose the crucial goal down his side and Grainger is sent off.

Morris continues to make mistakes in almost every game yet is left in the side until he signs a contract with another side (supposedly) and is dropped completely.

We finally get a good settled defence with potter alongside the two under 20's then he changes it again and page is sent off.

We need to play the same back four every week and this had been part of the problem.

Are people not jumping the gun about this £700 per week deal for Moffat? We don't even know if its true that we have even offered him a contract.

Indeed. It's just a rumour right now as far as I'm concerned, but if it's true, I think it's silly money for this level (and the income, or lack of, it generates).

Are people not jumping the gun about this £700 per week deal for Moffat? We don't even know if its true that we have even offered him a contract.

There's possibly a little jumping the gun going on but it's more a general point from me, we shouldn't be paying anyone £700 pw even if they do help with a bit of coaching.

If he does sign, you won't know what his wages are per week. In fact you won't know what any of the players are on, so there's really not much point discussing it.

Is £700 per week too much? Probably, but we'll never find out.

I think this kills any notion of a change of management (from www.dafc.co.uk).

Club Chairman, Bob Garmory commented "our young footballers performed exceptionally well over the course of the season and were extremely unfortunate not to reach a successful outcome in the play offs, under the astute stewardship of Jim Jefferies and his backroom staff. Despite this disappointment we need to focus on the positive, by remembering we now have the backbone of a very talented squad for many years to come. Sometimes you have to stand still, to take a step forward in future.

The financial climate of the game in Scotland remains extremely challenging for every Club, and DAFC is no exception. Particularly as we will again be operating as a full time Club in the third tier of Scottish Football, which makes planning for the future difficult. However, my fellow directors and I are fully committed to delivering an attractive and successful team on the park. The Management team will continue to be given every support our Club can realistically afford, to allow them to continue their good work".

I think this kills any notion of a change of management (from www.dafc.co.uk).

Club Chairman, Bob Garmory commented "our young footballers performed exceptionally well over the course of the season and were extremely unfortunate not to reach a successful outcome in the play offs, under the astute stewardship of Jim Jefferies and his backroom staff. Despite this disappointment we need to focus on the positive, by remembering we now have the backbone of a very talented squad for many years to come. Sometimes you have to stand still, to take a step forward in future.

The financial climate of the game in Scotland remains extremely challenging for every Club, and DAFC is no exception. Particularly as we will again be operating as a full time Club in the third tier of Scottish Football, which makes planning for the future difficult. However, my fellow directors and I are fully committed to delivering an attractive and successful team on the park. The Management team will continue to be given every support our Club can realistically afford, to allow them to continue their good work".

All very strange statements. We did not deserve to be promoted at all. We're clearly not moving forward by not going up and if staying full-time makes future planning so difficult why are we not considering part-time?

All very strange statements. We did not deserve to be promoted at all. We're clearly not moving forward by not going up and if staying full-time makes future planning so difficult why are we not considering part-time?

For some reason being part time is seen by many as some sort of massive disaster.

We finally get a good settled defence with potter alongside the two under 20's

eh? that was one game!

anyway, I think JJ prefers a back 4 but the lack of width we had at the end of the season (or because Forbes never settled into a 4-man midfield) made him go with wingbacks. Had he figured this out earlier it might've made a difference but it wasn't till the semi 2nd leg. Also don't think Williamson can play in a back 4.

I think we're likely to see a return to the 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 formation with 3 central mids & two wide strikers / wingers either side of a target man & if we keep everyone that's under contract we've ALMOST got the players to do that.

GK: ?

LB: Whittle

CB: Martin

CB: ?

RB: Millen

CM: Geggan

CM: Falkingham

CM: Forbes

LF: Wallace

CF: ?

RF: Fez / Smith

Don't think Husband will stay if Forbes does, time's surely up for Thomson, Young hasn't had a great season (despite a couple good games recently) & Grainger & Morris will definitely be away imo. Would love to see Scully back for another season at least.

Edited by JF-DAFC

If we are continuing full time then how about beefing the players up with full time training and cutting out the mistakes?

If part time teams are able to match us fitness wise and if we can't mark them at set pieces then we are doing something badly wrong.

I don't buy the need for full time training at this level when you can't see the results on the pitch.

Stranraer were arguably as good as us on probably a quarter of the resources.

Edited by DAFC

Aye, the question is can we afford it?

For next season I certainly believe we can, stay at this level much longer and it will become difficult.

I'm not taking much of garmory's statement seriously it's nothing more than a big fat sales pitch, we'll see something similar at most clubs.

If we don't go up next season then it's more than likely we will go part-time and the season will have been a massive failure imo.

Morton are more than likely to be challenging with us but are going through a massive transition so they will be hindered by that and imo have chosen the wrong person in Jim Duffy as their new manager whose record at full-time clubs is sketchy at best.

I think Ayr and Stranraer will be up there with Airdrie and Stenhousemuir dark horses as they were impressive after Bollan and Booth came in. Peterhead will also be challenging at the top end I think as they've got a few quid and a prolific goalscorer in Rory McAllister.

I believe that the league's cannon fodder will be Forfar, Brechin and Stirling.

I also think we should put the Moffat rumours to bed tbh. He has it pretty good at Ayr and at this moment it would be a pointless sideways step for him.

And others seem to believe its an instant way to leave us better off.

There is a reason every single team that can afford to is full time.

And that reason is quite simply because they can afford to. Footballers would rather not have a proper job, they'd rather be full-time footballers.

It's a false-economy that sooner or later teams (and players) in the likes of the Scottsh Championship will come round to accepting. With the money they could afford to be paying part-time players Dunfermline would still be far too strong for the rest of the league. What you are doing is being forced to pay quite a bit more money, for the same players, to compensate for them not having a 9-5 job. Forget the idea that you get any more out of them at this level.

Edited by Cliche Guevara