Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That can't be sustainable surely with the gates Airdrie get. No offence.

It isn't. Hence the moving thread......hence the probable reduced budget for next year...hence no chance of competing at the top end of the league...

Am not for us going and signing the Moff if he is gonna skin us 700 sheets a week. good player that he is, this is exactly the way we end up going down another financial rocky road.

Supposedly £6k per game. Although others may be in a more enlightened position regarding that. Judging by what I've read the rent goes up if we have to open more than one stand, and it was reported we were charged over £30k to host Rangers.

Hence the chat about us moving down to share with our less illustrious neighbours....

Ta. 6k/game is scandalous if true. When most of your gates are 7-800, that rent would take just about all of the money that comes in at the turnstiles after the match expenses are paid. Not that I have any love for Airdrie at all, but it would be sad if the town's football club once again had to move away from the town, although I guess Coatbridge isn't nearly as bad as Broadwood and the like.

Ta. 6k/game is scandalous if true. When most of your gates are 7-800, that rent would take just about all of the money that comes in at the turnstiles after the match expenses are paid. Not that I have any love for Airdrie at all, but it would be sad if the town's football club once again had to move away from the town, although I guess Coatbridge isn't nearly as bad as Broadwood and the like.

I guess those that run the Stadium have costs to cover.....I guess your Stadium owners will too....although they'll be more minded to help the club out by sustaining a loss??

Squad list

Right so we need to get signed up 2 keepers, 3 centre backs, a left back, a couple of wingers and a couple of strikers.

Scully if we can get him would be brilliant , goodfellow would be a reasonable back up, he may however feel he wants to play every week, if that's the case then he could sign a contract and go out on loan but who we'd use as back up I don't know, what's the situation with wilson's contract?

For the centre backs I'd be happy to keep the 3 at the club but if we lose one (probably Morris) then I agree the calls to look for an experienced head.

Left back Grainger is the obvious choice , he has done very well over the past few months but I'm not sure if he'd stay at this level.

Wingers obviously need to come from outside the club, who I'm not sure but the lack of any hasn't helped us this year.

Strikers , depending on fitness/health I wouldn't be too disappointed if Shankland and Moore sign up, i'd be interested on who else is available but for me they have done well enough , however that does depend on fitness as Wallace and smith are likely to spend spells on the sidelines, we can't really afford to add another couple that spend too much of the season out. Barrowman is a decent shout and it was at this level he first burst onto the scene, tho his style has changed since.

I know he isn't everyone's favourite and we don't desperately need another centre mid but I'd keep husband , he is a match winner on form.

That leaves o'kane, Drummond , Thomson, spence, graham and mercer dargo and potter from the guys that have played this season.

Potter and dargo are obviously important to keep as coaches, I doubt we'd bother registering potter as a player and dargo is unlikely to play much if at all. Of the u20 guys IIRC Drummond is no longer eligible at that level but the rest are, I'd be happy to see them all sign up mainly as u20 players, with any that are overage(drummond) being sent out on loan til January. That goes for one of Millen/Williamson as well if we can sign a top right back.

Overall that just leaves Thomson on the released list. We have better options in midfield and a striker he is not. We need someone who's assets extend beyond strong and tries hard.

Edited by parsforlife

Can't see it. We are currently in flux with rumours abounding of further budget cuts and increased stadium rent. If Bollan works a similar miracle to last year, we'll get a play off spot.

Morton have 4 players signed, it's difficult to imagine that Duffy will be able to field a team capable of challenging.

Ayr to finish a distant second.

We have no chance. Rumours are the budget is 8k a week and with Gilmour, McLaughlan and Donald signed on that would be close to 1k gone already.

It's interesting how all fans are tipping Dunfermline to romp it. But Ayr fans expect Airdrie to do well and vice versa!

Sculls could go straight into that PT team next season. Gallagher is pretty old and Fox is well out the picture and not wanted!

Everybody knows Geggan is a class above this level but I have a suspicion he may stay.

Fingers crossed Moffat rejects the move as his Mrs is pregnant and will Dunfermline not get promoted be a factor. I hope so, so he stays!!

I guess those that run the Stadium have costs to cover.....I guess your Stadium owners will too....although they'll be more minded to help the club out by sustaining a loss??

I doubt the stadium company will have much costs tbh, the majority of the costs fall on the club to cover, we lease the ground and I'm pretty sure that means it just a case of the club paying the rent and treating it like our own place, we get to use it how we desire but all the bills are the clubs to deal with.

I take at airdrie it's a case of paying your cash but all costs are covered by the stadium company, who gets the income from the things like 3G rental, office rent stadium bars etc? the stadium company?

Aye, that's a fair point about how the two rentals might be different. I think ours is £40k/year, but given the recent stuff about trying to get volunteers (including proper trades folk who are sympathetic to the club) to help with maintenance it suggests the club is responsible for that rather than the company that owns the ground. Still a fair amount for a club playing at this level though.

I regularly find myself getting annoyed when I watch the likes of Page, Whittle & Thomson. If they go, no complaints coming from me. All of them terribly clumsy.

I have been really routing for Whittle this season. He is unfortunately useless when it comes to throw ins. We know he's got a cracking shot in that left foot somewhere, I wish he'd just go for it, too much fannying about and trying to over do it. I admire that he can run up and down that left wing all game long but when he gets into the key areas, the final delivery is almost non existent. More often than not he'll bomb up the wing and pan a cross out for a goal kick. I can't be dealing with that every week.

We have no chance. Rumours are the budget is 8k a week and with Gilmour, McLaughlan and Donald signed on that would be close to 1k gone already.

Are you saying Ayr's budget is £8k per week? If so you need to check your arithmetic - that's an absolute fortune at this level!

Sculls could go straight into that PT team next season. Gallagher is pretty old and Fox is well out the picture and not wanted!

Gallacher has been terrific for Partick this season.

As much as i would like to see Scully return, if Partick are going to loan him out again it should be to a Championship club. He's better than League One level.

Moff would be a total coup for us on £700 pw. If that goes through and we add a couple of wide men and an experienced CB, perhaps getting Shankland on loan again, then hopefully this would be the basis of a strong core.

Danny Grainger has done the basics up till now. He could've put his feet up and smoked a cigar the games he played in League 1.

Grainger can be added with Page to my "not sure why everyone thinks they're playing well" list.

I'm with you on this one, especially Page.

I regularly find myself getting annoyed when I watch the likes of Page, Whittle & Thomson. If they go, no complaints coming from me. All of them terribly clumsy.

I have been really routing for Whittle this season. He is unfortunately useless when it comes to throw ins. We know he's got a cracking shot in that left foot somewhere, I wish he'd just go for it, too much fannying about and trying to over do it. I admire that he can run up and down that left wing all game long but when he gets into the key areas, the final delivery is almost non existent. More often than not he'll bomb up the wing and pan a cross out for a goal kick. I can't be dealing with that every week.

Whittle is the anti-Cardle; whereas Cardle always cuts inside, Whittle always goes outside. Think he's a decent left back but so far when he's played on the wing he's been very poor. As you say, his delivery is pretty awful. He's much better supporting from left back, being an option to keep the ball and possession when nothing's on or to run in and ping in a shot.

Edited by DA Baracus

Of everyone who played in the middle of defence for us this season, Page was consistently the most steady. He had one howling mistake to give a goal away when we lost 3-1 to Stranraer a few months ago, but apart from that he's been absolutely fine.

Realistically I think we should be winning the league. I won't say well win it comfortably because I think we'll still get gubbed on many occasions.

Also, I think we're due a Scottish Cup run IMO.

Would like to see a striker, centre half and wingers added.

I'm still in deep thought about whether to renew my season ticket or not. Despite not managing to get promoted I still want to back and support this team. I think this group will come big for us in the next 2-3 years. Unfortunately, a little bit skint. Could maybe manage to rustle up enough money for it.

If we get that sorted I think we're on our way but Airdrie and Morton are going to push us all the way.

I was hopeful of a title challenge, but now that we've appointed Duffy I fear the playoffs are the absolute best case scenario and we'll more likely float around in mid-table.

Then again, you comfortably finished second with Jonathan Page in your team for half a season so maybe I'm over-rating the general standard of the division.

Under Contract

Ryan Williamson - Should be converted to a right winger, never a right back in a million years.

Ross Millen - Won't make it.

Lewis Martin - Has potential, yet he shouldn't be a starting choice centre back. If possible, i would loan him out.

Alex Whittle - Not a winger, left back is his best position.

Ross Forbes - Full pre-season and he will come good. This boy hasn't turned shite overnight, he was terrific for Partick not so long ago when they won the league.

Josh Falkingham - Needs to pick up his form big time if he wants to make a success for himself in football.

Shaun Byrne - Won't make it.

Andy Geggan - Best player, please stay.

Gavin McMillan (U20) - ???

Faissal El Bakhtaoui - Better used as a winger rather than a striker.

Ryan Wallace - He's not even been that great this season, yet you can see how badly we miss him.

Allan Smith - Won't make it.

Out of Contract

Ryan Scully (end of loan; offered a new deal by Partick) - Talented keeper, if he keeps progressing well he will be playing regularly in the top league within a couple of years. Wish him all the best as i can't see him staying here. Will probably get loaned to a Championship club.

Ryan Goodfellow - Have no idea, done alright against Rangers albeit they were pretty toothless.

Callum Morris - On his way out.

Jonathan Page - Probably good enough for League One but not good enough to play at a higher level.

Kerr Young - Similar to Martin.

Ross Drummond - Done really well on loan at Berwick, would give him a one year deal.

Danny Grainger - Can't see him staying, Whittle's under contract and Drummond's a cheaper option.

Stephen Husband - Again, can't see him staying.

Ryan Thomson - Waste of a shirt.

Don't know much about Graham, O'Kane, Mercer or Spence. Can't see Shankland returning either, Aberdeen will want him to keep developing so they'll try and loan him to a Championship club if he's not ready for their squad just yet.

We have a big summer rebuilding job to do.

Edited by Parscelona

Out of Contract

Ryan Scully (end of loan; offered a new deal by Partick) - Talented keeper, if he keeps progressing well he will be playing regularly in the top league within a couple of years. Wish him all the best as i can't see him staying here. Will probably get loaned to a Championship club.

Ryan Goodfellow - Have no idea, done alright against Rangers albeit they were pretty toothless.

Callum Morris - On his way out.

Jonathan Page - Probably good enough for League One but not good enough to play at a higher level.

Kerr Young - Similar to Martin.

Ross Drummond - Done really well on loan at Berwick, would give him a one year deal.

Danny Grainger - Can't see him staying, Whittle's under contract and Drummond's a cheaper option.

Stephen Husband - Again, can't see him staying.

Ryan Thomson - Waste of a shirt.

Don't know much about Graham, O'Kane, Mercer or Spence. Can't see Shankland returning either, Aberdeen will want him to keep developing so they'll try and loan him to a Championship club if he's not ready for their squad just yet.

We have a big summer rebuilding job to do.

We'd be lucky to keep a third of those out of contract players. Well, some of them we probably shouldn't keep and a few could be on to greater things. We'll maybe get left with Goodfellow, Young & Drummond, unsure what will happen with the rest.

Edited by JamieStevenson