Walking Down The Halbeath Road

When you have a good squad that ain't playing as a unit, it ain't going to work. Look at Stranraer. They don't have the best individuals in this league but when they play as a unit they are decent. Time to take a leaf out their book.

Stranraer would bite your hand off to be able to afford players like Buchanan, Moffat and Forbes. Their players work full time yet are more organised and fitter. I guess that despite putting money into the club we are just supposed to sit back and happy clap our way into part time and not complain about the total waste of resources due to unprofessionalism?

Several of the players need a serious reality check, it's either we go up or you're finished in full time football so use eight hours a day to be professional and train like it's your job on the line. The club are overspending to try and give them a platform to do so.

Sorry what I meant to say was, everything at the club is brilliant and there is no problems we are going to win the league.

What an utter bag of shit. What we lack is confidence.

Are fans still trying to push the lie that we are a team full of young, inexperienced players?

Cowden had younger players but had more experience and were organised and coached better. Also they were just better than us, they weren't though but within six months Jimmy Nicol turned them around.

Same goes for Alloa, Stranraer, Forfar, Morton. We were cruising and still were lucky to beat Forfar and Stranraer in the playoffs.

Poor, unprofessional coaching and management is to blame for losing the big games.

How do you get confidence? From the above.

Stranraer would bite your hand off to be able to afford players like Buchanan, Moffat and Forbes. Their players work full time yet are more organised and fitter. I guess that despite putting money into the club we are just supposed to sit back and happy clap our way into part time and not complain about the total waste of resources due to unprofessionalism?

Several of the players need a serious reality check, it's either we go up or you're finished in full time football so use eight hours a day to be professional and train like it's your job on the line. The club are overspending to try and give them a platform to do so.

Sorry what I meant to say was, everything at the club is brilliant and there is no problems we are going to win the league.

I'll carry the fucker down to Stranraer on my back if thats the case.

It really is down to confidence. Let's all be honest, we should have beat Stranraer. We win that game, the squad is buzzing. As it were, we're now 6 points behind them. It's hard. I presume we have all been in hard situations were we've had to grind it out at our work. This is no different. Pressure is on them. But I seen enough in that game that they are more than capable of challenging for the title. It's just got to a stage were JP has to work with the shit, much like McIntyre in 2007. I'm sure he can get us out of this rut and I'm actually confident we'll go up this season now that JJ is gone.

Leishman took over us back in the day when we were in the shit. He was a Pars man and loved the club. JP is no different. I am confident he can do the same. COYP.

Evidence is on the pitch every week for the last two years.

I'm hoping JJ was a major part of the problem. Tell him he's Pele site seemed to think he was undermining the efforts of what Potter and McCann were doing through the week. Not so sure confidence is anything to do with not being able to pick up players at set pieces or playing several players out of position?

I wouldn't be arrogant enough to say that someone doesn't have a clue or is talking bullshit though. Unless I see evidence of it every week.

I wonder who else will get the chop? Fair enough from Potter I say - he has been working with Gozie and Chemmin a fair bit with the under 20s and obviously just doesn't fancy their chances of improving. He needs to stamp his authority early on.

As much as I didn't want rid of Jefferies, I think Potter will do well. He's bound to have been thinking that he could do better than Jefferies in some games. Here's his chance to prove it and be a hero. As for new signings - it's a certainty he'll have some players lined up. He was a good player throughout his career and will have built up a decent network over the years.

People really do have to realise that we're still in a good position to be promoted. Half way through the season. . .We've been poor. . .Nobody is far away from us points wise. Our form will improve and we'll do just fine in the end.

Nae bother.

You know someone knows a lot about football when they start claiming players aren't trying. Especially when they also claim the very same players are shit as well. Basically we had no chance from the word go this season, because we have crap players who don't care so don't see why we're getting so worked up? Just sack everybody and start again.

I volunteer myself for helping carry Ross Forbes to his next club as well though.

I'm impressed that Potter has this ruthless streak.

Sometimes when someone has just finished playing you have the fear that he'll continue trying to be the players' mate.

Nae messing I like that. I do however think that it was a no brainer to let Ugwu and Chemin go. They were out of contract and even before Jefferies left it was said players would have to let go before new ones could come in.

I personally would have kept Ugwu, thought he offered something different from our other strikers. Tempted to make a joke here and say he offered goals, yet i am sure most know what i mean.

Can only imagine Jim Paterson has been brought in to look after the U20s and be in the dugout to help Potter when McCann's not there. He'll be used as an emergency left back at best.

Reading between the lines, the likes of Byrne, Millen and Smith won't be leaving this window. Hopefully the likes of Forbes and Moffat are punted out on loan, as both are absolutely useless.

Reasonably happy with this signing, assuming it does go through. I think it allows us to bring in a player in a position we require, LB, to give us competition for Alex Whittle, while also having someone take the U20s, to allow JP to focus solely on the first team squad. Paterson's experience on the pitch, assuming he plays, will also be welcomed and could be vital in the final half of the season.

I've no recollection of seeing paterson play so can't really make judgement on that, nor do i know what he has done as a coach if anything so can only judge the situation.

We need a 20s coach and bringing one in sooner than later is a better situation, bringing someone who still can play also helps and left back is somewhere we could do with a bit more cover, so from the limited i do know i'm inclined to say its a positive move, i'd preferred a Center back but left back is the next best.

Edit- i'd expect him to fulfil a similar role to what potter did when he first got the job, he'd primarily be a coach and just keep himself ticking over for when required.

Edited by parsforlife