Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Lol, it's aw the fans fault.

If folk are happy getting beat from some of the pish in this league then it's just sad.

With our budget, crowds and full time status alone we should be winning this league, no doubt about it.

Last year this league was quite fun, travelling to old style grounds like Brechin, Peterhead, Arbroath etc but I believe everyone thought we would get promoted either last year or this year. The novelty has worn off now and going to these grounds now is just shite.

This is not a big team post as we 100% deserve to be where we are but it's just shite and if folk don't think it's shite they are daft

Lol, it's aw the fans fault.

If folk are happy getting beat from some of the pish in this league then it's just sad.

With our budget, crowds and full time status alone we should be winning this league, no doubt about it.

Last year this league was quite fun, travelling to old style grounds like Brechin, Peterhead, Arbroath etc but I believe everyone thought we would get promoted either last year or this year. The novelty has worn off now and going to these grounds now is just shite.

This is not a big team post as we 100% deserve to be where we are but it's just shite and if folk don't think it's shite they are daft

I still like visiting those grounds. Obviously I'd prefer promotion, but even though we (comically) failed in that regard, it hasn't dampened my enjoyment of such grounds.

Also our fans are dreadful. They are moaning hoors who crucify the team over small mistakes. If they aren't doing that then they're doing nothing. I remember last year at the start of January (I think) when we took a big crowd through to Stenhousemuir (the game we won 1-2, with Geggan scoring in the last minute). Aside from a quick burst of 'Ole ole' after the goals, the fans were pretty much silent, giving no backing to the team.

Of course we're playing pish just now, but booing the players and shouting abuse isn't going to help that. You can see the confidence of many of the players has been shattered, and they are probably terrified of taking a risk because they'll get slaughtered for it.

Fans gave the team more encouragement and support than it deserved for a long period. Despite making lots of mistakes and scraping wins the fans gave them every chance to improve. Every week people pay money to see them make the same mistakes again and again despite being full time and spending the centenary fund and gate money on training that is seemingly completely ineffective.

Fans are frustrated and have held back for ages. I don't agree with booing though tbh but we shouldn't criticise fans either.

Too few of our fans encourage the team. They either sit on their hands for 90 minutes or boo every single non-defence-splitting pass. Too many football fans in general expect what they see on Sky Sports every other day. They are absolutely sitting in the wrong ground if they want to see the quality they see on their TVs. It just isn't going to happen. And this might hurt some of you precious fuckers but I'd rather the ground had 1500 fans in it supporting the team than an extra 1000 who do nothing but put the fear of god in their own players & make EEP an easy place for the opposition.

Fans gave the team more encouragement and support than it deserved for a long period. Despite making lots of mistakes and scraping wins the fans gave them every chance to improve. Every week people pay money to see them make the same mistakes again and again despite being full time and spending the centenary fund and gate money on training that is seemingly completely ineffective.

Fans are frustrated and have held back for ages. I don't agree with booing though tbh but we shouldn't criticise fans either.

So much pish in here I don't know where to start.

If our fans are so bad then why are we still abysmal away from home when there aren't 2500-2700 fans there? Or are all the away fans just moaners as well?

Think people are just running out of excuses now as to why the team is so bad. Some people seem to like to pretend that Pars fans are the only ones who make negative comments at the games which is laughable. Its the same at every club.

If our fans are so bad then why are we still abysmal away from home when there aren't 2500-2700 fans there? Or are all the away fans just moaners as well?

Think people are just running out of excuses now as to why the team is so bad. Some people seem to like to pretend that Pars fans are the only ones who make negative comments at the games which is laughable. Its the same at every club.

It isn't. In the last year as a neutral I've watched Cowdenbeath, Sunderland, Brechin & Crystal Palace. Our fans are a bunch of absolute c***s. There is absolutely no atmosphere or support whatsoever.

If anything the abuse the players get is worse & far more audible at away games.

It isn't. In the last year as a neutral I've watched Cowdenbeath, Sunderland, Brechin & Crystal Palace. Our fans are a bunch of absolute c***s. There is absolutely no atmosphere or support whatsoever.

If anything the abuse the players get is worse & far more audible at away games.

Well in regards to Sunderland and Palace, we are talking about clubs with massive fan bases who fill most of their ground for each home game. We by contrast get 2500-3000 at a home game in a 11000 seater stadium so it doesn't take a genius to work out that the atmosphere isn't going to be as good.

To suggest our fans are absolute c***s is really unfair. Are you seriously telling me that fans of clubs who are not living up to expectations don't make negative comments about the team and that is only Pars fans who do so?! If so you're living in a dream world, seriously. I went to a couple of Hibs games in the past couple of years and shock horror, there were fans criticising the team.

Maybe its where i sit in the ground, yet i genuinely don't see the abuse going over the top by any means. This team is probably the worst i have ever seen in my time as a Pars fan. If anything the lack of atmosphere is down to the fact that I believe a fair number of Pars fans who sit in silence as they are perplexed as to why we seem to be second best to part time sides nearly every game.

Pars fans deserved to be attacked all the time for being shite fans.

In fact many deserve to be attacked physically. D.A.F.C. should be first as he's a whiny little c**t.

I'm jesting obviously. I'm staying a face just now; the teased heel turn isn't happening right now.

Cleatly no Pars fan deserves to be attacked, especially not physically. And D.A.F.C. is alright, even though I disagree with a lot of what he says.

Pars fans are quite often shite supporters though.

Edited by DA Baracus

I have no issues with people saying that some Pars fans are quite negative right now. However i take exception to the view that this can only be applied to Dunfermline fans. If you put any similar sized team in our position right now, their fans would be just as critical.

I gave you a red dot, how do you like dem apples!

Boom!

There's a split between the fans though and although I don't agree with booing or abusing players fans should be allowed to express their opinion online and at the game without ridicule or in some cases physical attacks. I heard someone was punched in the North stand on sat which is sad. Especially after everything the club went through and how the fans pulled together.

There does seem to be an group of fans who want others to follow their example of applauding and supporting regardless of form, opposite quality or performance. Most fans, like me, just sit in silence when it gets bad. I have to admit if I didn't have a season ticket atm I wouldn't be going every second week unless to watch one of the top sides.

Has anyone thought that maybe people shout and swear because they are frustrated and because they care?