Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I really don't have an issue with the position we're in (much). Have a look back to the start of this thread when we had just been relegated to division 1 in 2012. Even pre-administration I stated that we needed to cut our cloth and may end up in this division and maybe for some time.

Wht irks me is the fact that with the money we are payi9ng we should be getting a better quality of player and football on the park. If we had a small squad or one of the lower playing budgets in the league then it wouldn't be as bad.

Roll on Saturday.

I really don't have an issue with the position we're in (much). Have a look back to the start of this thread when we had just been relegated to division 1 in 2012. Even pre-administration I stated that we needed to cut our cloth and may end up in this division and maybe for some time.

Wht irks me is the fact that with the money we are payi9ng we should be getting a better quality of player and football on the park. If we had a small squad or one of the lower playing budgets in the league then it wouldn't be as bad.

Roll on Saturday.

Totally agree - we've had, and blown, a big advantage and also decent cash reserves on a gamble to get out of this league quickly. I'd happily follow us whatever league we're in but I could see us being down here for a wee while now.

We have a manager, who is feeling the pain like everyone else. Every 2 mins banging on about full-time v part-time .............And how would Bollan improve the youth system. Dunfermline don't hav a youth system? You really don't have a clue. There are so many good people at the club knocking their pan in to make improvements on and off the pitch. It's easy to have a pop, you should try supporting your team?

I've been pretty supportive of the off-the-field work. Those who are "knocking their pan in" to improve things on the pitch are doing a shitty job.

Was just look at the report on BBC for the last match for Morton against Forfar at Cappielow. The league table at that point was after 12 games. Forfar led with 22 points, Morton and Dunfermline were on 21 and Stranraer on 20. Since then, Morton have had 30 points from 15 games, Stranraer, 29 from 15, Forfar 23 from 14 and Dunfermline 16 from 15.

It would seem that Jeffries was doing significantly better than Potter. 16 Points from 15 translated to a whole season is play off spot territory.

Interesting comments from potter in the press this week.

Seems like the Stephen bell comment 'there's something not right with them' riled him and he's asking the players to respond.

Maybe the comment was close to the bone?

I really didn't hear anything unprofessional or unnecessary in Bell's post match comments. If anything, it's quite warming to see a former player still care so much for the club and its wellbeing.

Would like to see us continue with that team and lineup for the next few games with the exception of maybe Buchanan for Martin and rotating Ryan T/ Geggan/Spence and using Falkingham or Byrne as the attacking option in midfield.

Kudos to Potter, the back four looks more solid IMO.