Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Chris Kane tae would two foot his own gran, liked that boy. Not at left back tho.

I see Cowden left him on the bench at the weekend vs hibs, probably for the best, he'd have halved at least 3 of them, hospitalising 2.

He did manage 74 mins at Easter road without even being booked, must of have taken a couple Valium pre ko.

Yeah it was Partick that cuffed us in the first game. Players were yards off the pace and we had Chris Kane at full back up against Erskine and O'Donnell.

After ten mins it was all over, Forbes scored a peach of a goal in the second half.

First game at EEP it was pretty even and Potter got turned for their goal. We then brought in Morris.

Don't think there was much between us Morton and Partick on our day tbh.

The game where Kane was at left back was through at Firhill, was it that or the EEP game which was the first game after unpaid wages?

The game where Kane was at left back was through at Firhill, was it that or the EEP game which was the first game after unpaid wages?

The game at Firhill in November was the beginning of the end. Rumours were rife something serious was up.

Yeah, the 1-5 at Thistle was where fears began to rise that something was wrong. We'd been doing pretty well until then and it was later into November / December that wages going unpaid began to happen IIRC. The 2-4 at Cappielow was at the end of December and by then the Pars Alive campaign was well underway.

We'll never know what could've been that season.

Directors resigned on 25th of October , that was the first signs of trouble.

October Wages then were not payed just before the Patrick game, then we had the masterton lie and got 2 wins vs rovers and Dumbarton before defeat vs livi (1st game after November wages were due) failed to win a game until the new year derby and after beating Dumbarton the following week we only won once until after the redundancies.

The thing that annoys me the most is the amount of times Masterton had to see the error in his ways. We went bust around 2000 and rather than take the admin hit he wanted to save the staff and players, or so he said. After that we were always gong one way.

This is why I have such a dislike for dot net, at this stage years before the inevitable he was still controlling a so called unofficial website through the admin.

If the admin really cared about the club then they should have just shut the site down and written to the papers about him trying to keep it quiet. Instead they just revelled in the power games and banned or threatened anyone who tried to point out the truth.

Now even after that the team and the manager are now protected again from any criticism, warranted or not. Do we really need to go back to the old ways? Ultimately it's Masterton and co to blame but it's amazing how a master con artist can manipulate and scare people into their bidding.

We could have sorted out this mess over a decade ago.

The game at Firhill in November was the beginning of the end. Rumours were rife something serious was up.

Small glimmer of consolation that day was shaking Kozma's hand as he sat amongst the pars fans.

Directors resigned on 25th of October , that was the first signs of trouble.

October Wages then were not payed just before the Patrick game, then we had the masterton lie and got 2 wins vs rovers and Dumbarton before defeat vs livi (1st game after November wages were due) failed to win a game until the new year derby and after beating Dumbarton the following week we only won once until after the redundancies.

we beat morton away and cowden at home

I'm here by proposing a "Day of Positivity" on this thread tomorrow. Only positive posts about the Pars encouraged. Whether that's reminiscing about great Pars moments and players or looking on the bright side about the future of the club off the park is up to you. I hope people join me in this as we've been so rubbish this season it will make a nice change from the grim displays we've all witnessed.

I'll start us off a wee bit early with a good bit of work from the club for disabled supporters. Always think the club should be praised for the positives as much as they are derided for the negatives.

http://bit.ly/19AFYFM

Stevie Crawford running riot at Love Street in the 1st division. Probably the best double I've seen from a Pars player.

Thommo's equaliser away to Falkirk a couple of seasons ago. Can't remember the last time our fans went that mental after a goal!

Edited by Big Braw Barra

I thought I’d thrown in some anecdotes.

- In 2005 I broke my ankle (I slipped on a wet drain cover at the top of New Row; it’s the one right on the corner of the High Street and New Row) and so had to get a cast and crutches. We were away to Livi, and upon seeing the substantial queue, me and a friend (who posts on here) decided to try and get in the disabled gate. He was supposed to be my ‘helper’. Helpers get in for free in some grounds, so we were going to try and get me in for a reduced disabled price and him for free, and split the cost of the ticket. Sadly the steward was having none of it, but he did let us in the disabled gate, and even though we had to pay, we got to skip the queue. We got beat 2-0.

- In 2006 me and a friend went though to an away game at Motherwell. This was the same weekend where, inexplicably, quite a few Pars fans went through to Cowdenbeath to see them win the 2nd Division instead of going to see their team (this includes the friend from the previous story). It was just the two of us, and we had gotten a full crate for the train. Obviously it was impossible to drink this all in the short time the train took, so we disembarked with plenty of beers. Of course we didn’t want to waste these beers, but we couldn’t carry them around Motherwell. So we hid them behind a bin near the train station, and desperately hoped they would still be there when we came back. We won 2-3 in a great game. We met up with a few other fans after the game who were getting the train with us, and so walked with them back to the station. We stopped at a chippy where on of the guys took a fancy to the lassie behind the counter, and turned on the charm big time, dropping the devastating line “Ah work in JJB Sports!”

The beer was there when we checked. Pleasing.

- The day we got relegated in 2007 at Inverness, they had on an under 16s get in for free offer. I think at least 70% of the Pars support got in for free that day. The folk I was with certainly did (all in our 20s at the time). I even saw guys in their 50s get in for free.

- The first day of the season in 2007, away to Hamilton, and we had loads of beer on the train again. We decided to try and repeat the trick of hiding it near the station. Sadly this time it wasn’t there when we got back. And of course we lost 2-1, and we missed the Pars goal due to the queue to get in.

- Not to be deterred, we tried the hiding the beer trick again in Dumfries in 2009. We were delighted to find it still in it’s hiding place on the way back to the train station. Sadly we had lost 2-0 (comical back pass and lob from almost the half way line).

- Last season we played Ayr at Somerset the day after the Clutha Bar crash. There was a minute’s silence around the country before matches. So 15.00 comes around and the players line up on the centre circle. The ref blows his whistle and the whole crowd falls silent. Then about 10 seconds later, a piercing female neddy voice screeches out “ONIONS?!” It was the lassie from the food van asking a guy what he’d like on his burger.

Stevie Crawford running riot at Love Street in the 1st division. Probably the best double I've seen from a Pars player.

I was living down in London at the time and a Rangers supporting pal had gone to that game for some reason. Got a series of drunken texts from him raving about The Craw.

Ah the semi final replay! Glorious stuff. Me and a mate (who featured in all of the above stories, except the Livingston one) went thought really early to load up on beer. We were meeting another pal (the one from the Livingston story) later. We went to Pandoras, and it was empty. We thought it would fill up a bit later (I was in there before the 2004 cup final and it was rammed with Pars fans) so weren't concerned. We got stuck in the task at hand (namely drinking a lot of beer, throwing about £20 in the jukebox and playing the racing car game and the quiz machine). Our friend arrived at about half 5, and it was still empty. The guy I arrived with was pretty drunk by this point, so thought the best course of action was a tactical spew. However he decided it would be best to just turn his head and do it over his shoulder in to the corner, which he did. It was appalling. But fairly amusing. I don't think any other Pars fans came in, and we missed the first 5 minutes.

Despite being absolutely dire and not long out of the ridiculous 9(approx) games without scoring going 3-0 up against rangers, great game.

European games, ok we were shite in them, but they were good fun.

Had some opposition provide great moments as well, a cow on a moterbike , Airdrie's trialist scoring with a sweetly hit volley with his first touch only for it to be into our goal. Bob Harris scoring from 30 yards into his own net as well.

Edited by parsforlife