Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I thought the idea would be to marginalise Potter to the point where he chooses to leave as we can't afford to get rid of him. It's far from ideal to have him working with the same first team players who didn't perform for him while he was in charge. Even an excellent coach is fighting a losing battle under those circumstances. It's far better to get a clean break but obviously that isn't an option at the moment.

Perhaps reverting to his previous role as Under 20's coach could be a possibility?

I thought the idea would be to marginalise Potter to the point where he chooses to leave as we can't afford to get rid of him. It's far from ideal to have him working with the same first team players who didn't perform for him while he was in charge. Even an excellent coach is fighting a losing battle under those circumstances. It's far better to get a clean break but obviously that isn't an option at the moment.

Perhaps reverting to his previous role as Under 20's coach could be a possibility?

He could be the u20s coach, however the way we train means he'll still be working with the first team squad, and with only 8 or so u20s going to be there next season that's highly unlikely to change.

We need to just see how the new manager approaches it. It is possible that he will return to coaching and do a decent job at it, that has happened in the past with others. Its important the new manager gives him clear parameters of what he wants and doesn't want him to do, and that potter professionally sticks to that role.

Anyone but Bollan! Don't think Pressley would be interested whatsoever.

I think Adams or Johnstone would be a good shout but would either of them drop down to League 1? I would rule out Calderwood and Campbell as I don't believe in trying to relive past glories.

Crawford and I believe Young were both players at the club and I know from experience that rarely works. Young has done well at the Rovers under little or no pressure and I think Dunfermline would be too big a job so soon in his managerial career.

Gus MacPherson done relatively well at St Mirren and has proven he can cut it in the lower leagues with QP so he would probably be the best bet.

Isn't he still at Nuneaton?

Never mind, read link. I think our ambitions should be a bit higher than people who have failed at Conference level tbh.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Could we just ban any Pars chat for a few weeks? We won't have a new manager any time soon. There won't be any new players. We don't know what the strip looks like. No playoffs to fret over. We're not getting relegated. Whatever new tool the groundsman got to fix the pitch seems to have worked.

Brian Reid 'linked' to the job. 'Linked' can be a pretty vague term but usually means an out of work coach has texted some old journalist contacts to say he is being considered for 'x' job.

Yeah pretty much, he's probably sent his cv and is desperately trying to get his name back out there. Hopefully we don't treat it seriously.

Fife is awash with managerial candidates. Pity the league wasn't still on, could make a few quid from them as they scuttled about between 3 Fife grounds to be seen.

Why don't we have a Fife X Factor event for the vacant Managers jobs with panel made up of the 3 Chairmen, bags Donald Findlay to be Simon !

But wher can we get a bumbling incoherent idiot to be Louie Walsh. ? Step forward Jim Leishman.

Fife is awash with managerial candidates. Pity the league wasn't still on, could make a few quid from them as they scuttled about between 3 Fife grounds to be seen.

Why don't we have a Fife X Factor event for the vacant Managers jobs with panel made up of the 3 Chairmen, bags Donald Findlay to be Simon !

But wher can we get a bumbling incoherent idiot to be Louie Walsh. ? Step forward Jim Leishman.

I just got cancer of the eyes reading that pish.

Could we just ban any Pars chat for a few weeks? We won't have a new manager any time soon. There won't be any new players. We don't know what the strip looks like. No playoffs to fret over. We're not getting relegated. Whatever new tool the groundsman got to fix the pitch seems to have worked.

I know what the 3 of them look like ;)