Walking Down The Halbeath Road

• 2 weeks later...

Genuinely not bothered about Potter, how many of the youth players he brought through have featured in our first team every game?

Also they were all the dregs from the SPL clubs.

He's doing an ok job. Nothing more.

Clearly those in charge of Hearts & Dundee United disagree.

Managing Director Ross McArthur hits out:

It is fair to say that in the last couple of home games, the atmosphere at East End Park has been noticeably flatter, particularly after the heroics at Tannadice. In addition, it is disappointing that a few individual players themselves have recently been subject to unfair criticism during games, from a minority of fans, which is unhelpful and unnecessary and only acts as encouragement to our opponents. As a fan, I know it is easy to get carried away or frustrated in equal measures, but it is important that we strive to create a positive vibe around the stadium on match day, as negativity can spread and become divisive. Our slogan since coming out of administration has been “we’re in this together”, and by remaining so we can create a positive environment to build on the fantastic platform we have ALL created so far this season

Honestly have no idea what he's on about here. Which player has been getting "unfair" criticism? I've heard Pars fans moaning at players during every game I've ever been to, so not sure what's been different in the last few weeks?

Honestly have no idea what he's on about here. Which player has been getting "unfair" criticism? I've heard Pars fans moaning at players during every game I've ever been to, so not sure what's been different in the last few weeks?

Very strange, this is one of the only times I can remember where we don't have a player that's been selected as a scapegoat.

He took the Under 20s to the Youth Cup final while we were in a financial crisis. That's a pretty decent effort.

Yes, but my point is that we took ready made players from the SPL clubs and put them into a team. He didn't bring them through. This was exposed when he was made first team manager. An ok job, nothing more.

If I was Hearts of United I would be looking at Accies or Falkirk coaches before Potter.

Just being honest.

Very strange, this is one of the only times I can remember where we don't have a player that's been selected as a scapegoat.

Rooney I'd guess at, going by comments on here

Surely not?

Anyway, if the club want the fans to make a great atmosphere when we're struggling to beat Albion Rovers then I think they're slightly deluded.

No idea, was just surmising. I haven't been to East End Park since the 0-3 playoff defeat.

East End is going to have a shit atmosphere for most games, as there just aren't enough folk singing at games these days. The fact that the ground is usually, at best, a quarter full but split across three stands doesn't help either.

We're in a league that we're heavy favourites to win. It's bad enough we failed to get promoted on either of the last two seasons, to fail a third time would be humiliating. It's difficult to get too excited about any of our games. To be honest, I think the crowds have been much bigger and more positive this season that I would have predicted so the club should be thankful for their lot. Essentially telling fans to keep their criticism to themselves is not the way to attract more fans along.

Think the statement is spot. We've been spoiled with the terrific start, some of the crap from some of our supporters against Albion Rovers was shocking. Have to remember that some of these lads (Rooney especially) are still getting used to full time and will make mistakes.

Fair comment in my opinion.

Maybe also fair to see that selection within the context of the whole article on COWS.

It only seems like a few weeks since the season started, but already the first quarter of the league season is over, so we took the opportunity to catch up with Manager Allan Johnston and Managing Director, Ross McArthur for their own personal perspectives.

Both took the opportunity to outline the importance of the Pars supporters continuing to be the 12th man and positively backing the team for 90 minutes every week, starting this Saturday against Forfar Athletic!

Ross McArthur started by outlining his own thoughts we have just entered the second quarter of the campaign, which normally proves very significant, proudly sitting on top of the league, with the best scoring record in the UK and the best defensive record in our league. The disappointing performance at Paisley aside, our performances in the two cup competitions to date have been exceptional. The manager, his staff and players deserve enormous credit, particularly taking into account the list of injuries we have experienced. Without question, the response of the fans this campaign, whether home and away, has been absolutely fantastic, and they have turned out in large numbers to get behind the team. However, we have a number of vital games coming up between now and the end of the year, so we need the fans to stay with the team at all times and continue to encourage the players.

There is no doubt that the terrible bad luck we have had with injuries to date, has had an impact on the type and level of performance, in comparison to the earlier part of the season, but to win any championship it is a marathon rather than a sprint. It is fair to say that in the last couple of home games, the atmosphere at East End Park has been noticeably flatter, particularly after the heroics at Tannadice. In addition, it is disappointing that a few individual players themselves have recently been subject to unfair criticism during games, from a minority of fans, which is unhelpful and unnecessary and only acts as encouragement to our opponents. As a fan, I know it is easy to get carried away or frustrated in equal measures, but it is important that we strive to create a positive vibe around the stadium on match day, as negativity can spread and become divisive. Our slogan since coming out of administration has been were in this together, and by remaining so we can create a positive environment to build on the fantastic platform we have ALL created so far this season

Wallace Rooney Byrne Josh Moffat Martin I've heard them all getting stick. The guy makes a fair point I reckon. EEP is awash with complete rockets who turn up expecting a win every week. The longer it takes to get that first goal or heaven forbid we lose a goal, then it starts.

It's been like that for years and it always will be.