Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Same as the last two seasons then?

Disappointed you didn't mention Admin mk2

I don't see the current board being that stupid but different to last two years us that this is the year of no return. Either go up and prosper or stay put and go part time and take your chances with similar teams.

You sound like an absolute blast at parties mate. Don't even know how to use an apostrophe though, glad you're not working on my PC.

A semicolon rather than a comma would probably be more appropriate in your second sentence but don't expect the apostrophe abuser to pick you up on it ;)

I remember us pumping Edinburgh City at East End. Andy Smith scored a barrowload.

1998 was the date, although i would only have been five at the time so most likely why i couldn't remember.

So 17 years without a cup draw to a non league side, quite fancied a trip to Linlithgow among others, yet we're stuck with Ayr again.

The fact that we play them at Somerset twice in the space of two weeks is a bit shit, yet if we win both games it will give us huge confidence. However, on the other hand it will give Ayr a lot of momentum if they win both.

Cove away 95.

Smith got 5 against Edinburgh City, we won 7-2. Pars fans booed the team off at half time being 3-1 ip

Barnett scored.

Toddy and Westie in a mix up for their 2nd.

I think you've merged two games there. The 7 goals v Edinburgh City were scored by Colin Miller (his only ever Pars goal), Craig Robertson (who injured himself scoring) and Andy Smith's 5.

Barnett's only Pars goal came a week later in a league match against Kilmarnock, in which we conceded early on after Barnett was going to launch the ball over the North Stand but Colin Miller told him he had it covered and promptly got robbed by Jerome Vareille who scored. Miller got absolute dog's abuse for the error, was immediately switched to left back away from the baying hordes in the North Stand. Got subbed at half time and never played another home game for us (played once at Celtic Park in the interim iirc) before being sold.

I think the main reason Miller was so viciously abused was because after the Edinburgh City game he ran to the papers and whinged that "Dunfermline supporters showed Edinburgh City more respect than their own team". I recall applauding Edinburgh City so perhaps he had a point but it should have been someone like Andy Smith who was having a phenomenal season who spoke to the papers rather than someone who had been mediocre that year at best.

Whittle scored a peach in that game IIRC.

Was desperately hoping for Nairn County away (provided they beat Wick). Like others have said, Ayr away is a fucking terrible draw.

Elgin away was a great trip. A new ground for many of our fans, a nice trip via train there and a cracking ground. I also liked Elgin town centre. Thought it was rather nice. The bar at the ground was quality and the food in the ground was tasty (cheeseburger; nice). The game itself was also highly entertaining, despite the pishing rain. Another trip there would have been fantastic.

But no, we got the boring draw of Ayr who we drew in the cup recently, as well as playing them 4 times a season.

Wick or Nairn away would have been amazing. Any Highland League side away would have been brilliant.

As soon as they read out Ayr during the draw, I knew number 12 would be the next team drawn.

Edited by DA Baracus