Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, Juantwothree said:

You boys deserved that today, we were shite. The pars are my pick to win that league8)

Falkirk fans on top of this in 3...2...1...

giphy[1].gif

14 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

You boys deserved that today, we were shite. The pars are my pick to win that league8)

Early days but looked promising last 2 games. 

Just put up a post advertising our usual bus for the Dundee United game 4th August,and it's going well.

Good to start with optimism.

On 21/07/2018 at 11:00, D.A.F.C said:

That was the game when Falkirk had a flag for every youth player and announced them as the next coming only for Joe to totally destroy their full backs. How that game finished only 0-1 I’ll never know? 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/8890482.stm

I think you are a season out.......we had flags for every nationality we had playing for us whilst in the top league and they just stayed up till some bugger could be bothered to taking them down.

5 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Last season he played wide left or part of a midfield two but he has been more of the holder in the middle three for us in the two games so far and looks a different player. Could see his technical ability last year but the boy was cutting about like Gattuso for us the day. Outstanding.

Craigen has a mass of ability, very comfortable on either foot and can look good, its motivating him and him being motivated the problem, I stuck by him for the best part of 6 month due to his ability on either foot(sad in our game thats a rare feature)I then gave in, then he really shouldve been drug tested for his performances in the play offs as he was playing like he was on performing drugs. A few of our blindfolded supporters were basing our team around him after the play offs, funnily I never due to it taking him 30 odd games to look really good for us.

Still, good win today for your lot today, I was impressed with Jackson Longridge, same old same old with his brother and Hippo up front, Hippo is never a forward

Dundee tho were Sand dancers Fc........I'll be surprised if McCann lasts the season unless he has players to come in to improve them massively 

I'm looking forward to watching us play with two very attacking full backs for the full season. Good balance and looks like it will trouble a lot of teams in our division. Means there will be a responsibility on the wider midfield players to cover, Higginbotham has done this really well for Williamson for a while now. Need the same for Longridge. Cardle wouldn't have fitted into this way of playing and probably why he's been let go.

It'll be interesting when we have a full match ready squad and not playing two wingers up front.

31 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I'm looking forward to watching us play with two very attacking full backs for the full season. Good balance and looks like it will trouble a lot of teams in our division. Means there will be a responsibility on the wider midfield players to cover, Higginbotham has done this really well for Williamson for a while now. Need the same for Longridge. Cardle wouldn't have fitted into this way of playing and probably why he's been let go.

It'll be interesting when we have a full match ready squad and not playing two wingers up front.

AJ also talked (post-Dundee match) about having the option to revert to a back two when it suits us. Looking forward to seeing who partners El B. I'd guess it will be Hippo. Maybe a bit out of position for him just now but having a wee goal machine next to him would allow him to play to his strengths rather than being the out and out striker. 

Certainly the freshest look about the squad for a while - quite a bold summer by AJ. 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Looking forward to seeing who partners El B. I'd guess it will be Hippo. Maybe a bit out of position for him just now but having a wee goal machine next to him would allow him to play to his strengths rather than being the out and out striker. 

Sounds about right. Potentially asking him to be a workhorse for Faissal, if he can continue the work rate at the levels to what he's managed in his first two games then you can see that being a productive pairing.

I fully expect Falkirk posters to jump all over the workhorse comment about Hippolyte.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

1 minute ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Sounds about right. Potentially asking him to be a workhorse for Faissal, if he can continue the work rate at the levels to what he's managed in his first two games then you can see that being a productive pairing.

I fully expect Falkirk posters to jump all over the workhorse comment about Hippolyte.

I think AJ's biggest strength as a manager is making things really simple for his players (especially compared to the JJ/Potter/McCann era). He finds ways to let players play to their strengths and gets players close to them that will cover their weaknesses. It's only really when we've been stretched with injury or suspension you see players in roles they don't look comfortable with. 

38 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Expecting a bit much there, shaggy. I'm barely awake at the moment. 

All I will say with regard to Hippo is that he's no striker. If you are playing him up front alongside Faisal expect to be frustrated. Play him a bit wider in what would have been an inside forward, back when men were men and jumpers were goalposts, and you may be onto a winner. 

50 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Livvy will say the same and did on our thread, cracking talented player when head is right, his tug on Dundee player, expect that every 3 or 4 games and the bookings add up for him to be suspended.

Overall cracking player, one I didn't want to lose but is a wide player all day long