Walking Down The Halbeath Road

35 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

In terms of what to expect of loan signings from Hearts the bar is set spectacularly low. If they can tie their own laces and count to 10 they will have surpassed the combined East End achievements of Jamie Mole and Gav. 

Harsh. Keena was a decent signing and I was impressed with Maly Martin... he just didn't fit into our system I feel.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Room for one more according to the Craw.  Not sure what we would need now?

I'm going to sound like a dick here but if there was budget and a good keeper available, I'd go for him. Scully isn't up to it consistently enough for me however, he's ok for this level. 

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm going to sound like a dick here but if there was budget and a good keeper available, I'd go for him. Scully isn't up to it consistently enough for me however, he's ok for this level. 

Yeah, probably would agree to that.  I've seen worse, but there seems to be too many goals now when I'm questioning if he should've got to it.  Nothing Chris Smith style but maybe just not good enough.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Pawlett doesn't even start for the Arabs. The boy who posted that is either pished out his heed or Peter Pawlett.

Gotcha. I'd no even any idea who Pawlett played for now. Anyway, point is I'd be perfectly happy if Cochrane and McDonald were in our first XI. Two right good players.

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Oooft, Cochrane is a cracking signing on paper. Don't know anything about McDonald but we do need a winger.

Hopefully they both do better than Malaury Martin...

My maw would do better than Malaury Martin. Think you guys will be close to the top of the league this season if both players stay fit.

Not quite time for panic stations yet but 0 wins out of 4 is poor. Football fans being football fans, Crawford and the players will be under pressure very soon unless performances and results change.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Was Paul Patons funny wee Zidane joke not enough for the 3 points on this occassion lads?

Tbh brother, I feel this attempt at "patter" would hold more weight if Falkirk weren't currently behind Dumbarton in the seaside leagues and one point clear of 7th.

As for Paton, he's been poor but somehow still better than Beadling and a lot of the absolute imposters we've placed in the middle of the park in recent seasons.

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Tbh brother, I feel this attempt at "patter" would hold more weight if Falkirk weren't currently behind Dumbarton in the seaside leagues and one point clear of 7th.

As for Paton, he's been poor but somehow still better than Beadling and a lot of the absolute imposters we've placed in the middle of the park in recent seasons.

If you are using the 1 point off seventh patter then surely for full disclosure you would also mention that we are one point off top?

Anyway I thought it was quite witty from myself. Maybe not top ten but surely it was ok?

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If you are using the 1 point off seventh patter then surely for full disclosure you would also mention that we are one point off top?

Anyway I thought it was quite witty from myself. Maybe not top ten but surely it was ok?

Considering Rovers have already lost twice, I wouldn't want to publicise being behind them at all tbh.

As for the second point, I'll refrain from answering out of respect.

Assuming our collective hard-on for this season has softened significantly?

We need to seriously shake our team up and get a win on the board that we can build on.

Personally, I think we should set up like this against inverness (don't give a f**k about the Alloa game):

Nisbet

McDonald   Turner  Dow

Cochrane   Paton

Edwards  Beadling  Lang  Comrie

Gill

I know the selection won't be nearly as bold as that but at the very least Gill should start, if not he might as well just leave the club as he's obviously never going to get a chance if he can't get in ahead of Scully right now.