Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Disappointed McGowan didn't sign in the end. Would have brought experience to a young squad and was already integrated with the team.

Wotherspoon's Mum and Dad used to own The Hideaway on Kingseat Road, so he will be very familiar with Dunfermline. 

On 20/07/2023 at 09:13, The Toun Clock said:

I hope we sign him but I have to be honest, I'm not sure who's going to take him in the Prem. I think Championship is a sound move for him at this stage of his career. Quick glance at the table and realisticly only 3/12 clubs in the Premiership could be interested - Dundee (unlikely given ex StJ player), Livingston, Ross Co (likely means relocating).

I don't think we would benefit from Wotherspoon, but why would it be unlikely because he's an ex-St Johnstone player?

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Didnt see any down side to signing McGowan. Our young stars would have learned a bit off him n all. 

Anyway, best of luck to him. 

He didn't get a starting slot in league one, I wasn't fussed. 

Just now, McPar said:

Disappointed McGowan didn't sign in the end. Would have brought experience to a young squad and was already integrated with the team.

Wotherspoon's Mum and Dad used to own The Hideaway on Kingseat Road, so he will be very familiar with Dunfermline. 

Really? Didn't know that. I had a few pints in the Hideaway over the years, shame it's away. 

1 hour ago, Coypars said:

Hearts have got Matty Todd on their radar according to a Hearts fan,Callum Smiths brother Connor is with Hearts and could be on loan to us.

Connor was discussed months ago, apparently in the first team squad at hearts and not going out on loan 

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Connor was discussed months ago, apparently in the first team squad at hearts and not going out on loan 

They say that every year, then loan him out. I’d take him, if he’s available. Played very well in the friendly we played against them.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They say that every year, then loan him out. I’d take him, if he’s available. Played very well in the friendly we played against them.

Yeh I would be happy enough with his, especially if we weren't paying his wages but would be happier with an Oli Shaw type figure on a permanent deal.

I think any player we’re looking to loan from inside Scotland will be currently considered part of the first team squad and will only become available once the parent side has padded out their squad with more experienced players.    We will also be expecting to pay that parent club for the loan as there’s bound to be other clubs looking to loan the better available youngsters and clubs aren’t charities just wanting to help others out and give them a player.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Those cuffs on the preview of the 3rd strip alarm me. Not keen on the colour either. Also not keen on a 3rd strip in general. Don't see a need for it.

The cuffs are certainly interesting.  There obviously isn’t any need for a 3rd strip more a want to bring in extra cash which I suspect it will and therefore having one is good for the club.

To catch up:

• Not fussed in the slightest if we don't sign McGowan and/or Wotherspoon tbh.
  • The obsession over kits in this thread is baffling to me and makes me long for the league season to get underway.
  • OS still needs a lot of work and probably shouldn't have been launched until it was ready.
  • Latest article says Aaron Comrie has made 145 appearances for us, which I almost can't believe. Does anyone have a list of our top appearance holders for the last 20 years or so to compare, as that surely puts him quite high up?

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Latest article says Aaron Comrie has made 145 appearances for us, which I almost can't believe.

From memory thats about right his and Edwards are on similar numbers.

Would have thought the former players association might have the top 10 appearance holders since 2000

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

So Gowser not signed with Cove (yet), hopefully we can sort something out.

Hopefully. I totally get McPake's point btw, can play trialists in the league but not the cup. Makes sense to allow it in the League Cup at least given when the groups play. Personally I wouldn't have it in competitive games at all but if you can in the league then the league cup should also be allowed.

Mind the trialist for Airdrie a good 10 or so years ago. Came off the bench and scored an OG within about 3 minutes.  Scorer for Dunfermline, Own goal, Trialist B.

I'd love for there to be somewhere that easily shows stats like total appearances and total goals for players, like somewhere where you could type a player's name in or select them from a list and see such stats.

Would also be good to see something like all time appearances and scorers lists, say a top 10 or 20.

Sadly no such resource exists and probably never will.

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

To catch up:

• Not fussed in the slightest if we don't sign McGowan and/or Wotherspoon tbh.
  • The obsession over kits in this thread is baffling to me and makes me long for the league season to get underway.
  • OS still needs a lot of work and probably shouldn't have been launched until it was ready.
  • Latest article says Aaron Comrie has made 145 appearances for us, which I almost can't believe. Does anyone have a list of our top appearance holders for the last 20 years or so to compare, as that surely puts him quite high up?

Don’t know when this list started but it’s clearly not completely accurate and must be reasonably modern as it doesn’t list Norrie, Tod snr etc so I think it does seem to cover the last 20 years or so

Transfer markt appearances

He’s 15th on that list with a large chunk being early 2000s players.  He should surpass a a few this season to get into the top 10 but still along way off getting to numbers of cardle and mason

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Mind the trialist for Airdrie a good 10 or so years ago. Came off the bench and scored an OG within about 3 minutes.  Scorer for Dunfermline, Own goal, Trialist B.

One of the sweetest hit volleys I’ve seen.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd love for there to be somewhere that easily shows stats like total appearances and total goals for players, like somewhere where you could type a player's name in or select them from a list and see such stats.

Would also be good to see something like all time appearances and scorers lists, say a top 10 or 20.

Sadly no such resource exists and probably never will.

Not really played about with it but the heritage trust seem to cover the first part 

https://daht.org.uk/profile.php

I’ve certainly seen complied lists of all time scorers and appearances,  the program from the Falkirk game 2011 had both I think so somebody has put these together at least to a point but nothing online that I can find.

42 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Latest article says Aaron Comrie has made 145 appearances for us, which I almost can't believe. Does anyone have a list of our top appearance holders for the last 20 years or so to compare, as that surely puts him quite high up?

Not got a list. But quick search on some players:

Andy Tod - 385
Gary Mason - 330
Scott Thomson - 306
Stevie Crawford - 261
Scott Wilson - 253
Joe Cardle - 244
Greg Shields - 237
Barry Nicholson - 208
Andrius Skerla - 200
Andy Geggan - 189
Andy Kirk 178
Lee Ashcroft - 164
Calum Woods - 159
Josh Falkingham - 154
Darren Young - 150
Jason Dair - 147

Probably missed some. As 101 mentions, Edwards will be similar to Comrie, both signed around the same time.

Used the Heritage Trust website to get info on past players:

https://daht.org.uk/profile.php

‘Appearances’ seems to mean starting appearances and sub appearances are counted separately.

Edited by CallumPar

39 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Hopefully. I totally get McPake's point btw, can play trialists in the league but not the cup

You could in L1 but don't think you can in the Championship.

57 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Hopefully. I totally get McPake's point btw, can play trialists in the league but not the cup. Makes sense to allow it in the League Cup at least given when the groups play. Personally I wouldn't have it in competitive games at all but if you can in the league then the league cup should also be allowed.

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

You could in L1 but don't think you can in the Championship.

Can't play them in any competitive game now. Changed 2 or 3 years back. 

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Can't play them in any competitive game now. Changed 2 or 3 years back. 

Ah really!? I’m sure in McPake’s interview post match on Tuesday he mentioned it, maybe I picked up wrong. Hope it was me that got it wrong rather than him, don’t want him fielding McGowan as a trialist on the opening day against Airdrie.