Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Was a bit disappointed we couldn't get the Wotherspoon deal over the line( he's still liking just about every Pars related post on Twitter btw) 

He can like all he wants. Had his chance, now he can go sign for the Central Ontario Lumberjacks or whoever he was holding out for. 

26 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Is Wotherspoon still hanging around at the pars,  do you guys still need him after signing a few and getting players back..

Getting players back? Where did you see that? I don’t think anyone’s recovered from injury yet this season - other than KRH, who made one sub appearance then required knee surgery, so is out again.

Having said that, we had 7 first team players out on Saturday and Summers was excellent in an attacking midfield role, before being replaced by Moffat. Unless our injury situation gets significantly worse, I don’t think we need Wotherspoon.

I guess if he still fits into the budget and there isn’t a better option available, there’s arguably no harm in signing him. But the fact he watched our injury crisis unfold and still wouldn’t sign the contract, whilst taking advantage of free training facilities, he doesn’t seem like the kind of ‘team player’ McPake (or likely 99% of managers) would want.

Maybe depends on the timescale of Breen’s injury, but I’d be prioritising a CB over someone like Wotherspoon. 

A very notable thing about the Pars under McPake IMO has been how good we are at rallying in the second half, often after an indifferent or poor opening 45 minutes.

Decided to take a geek dive earlier on the commute back from Glasgow and the stats are pretty telling.

We’ve played 41 league games under McPake and our record is:

Wins - 25

Draws - 14

Defeats - 2

Points - 89

Goals For - 69

Goals Against - 25

However, if those games had finished at half-time:

Wins - 12

Draws - 22

Defeats - 7

Points - 58

Goals For - 25

Goals Against - 15

Due to our second half performances, the number of wins doubles, with the points total increasing by 53%. Almost two-thirds of our goals also come after the break, as seen once again in Saturday’s victory at Queen’s Park.

Now, I’m sure these figures are largely due to us playing a lot of part-time sides in L1 and them tiring later on in games; the advantage of having a full-time squad. Still, I think it neatly highlights a strong resilience in the players and good problem-solving from McPake and Mackay as a coaching team.

Not that I wouldn’t mind us abandoning this trend completely and just battering teams early doors moving forward!

Edited by Cardle is Magic

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

A very notable thing about the Pars under McPake IMO has been how good we are at rallying in the second half, often after an indifferent or poor opening 45 minutes.

Decided to take a geek dive earlier on the commute back from Glasgow and the stats are pretty telling.

We’ve played 41 league games under McPake and our record is:

Wins - 25

Draws - 14

Defeats - 2

Points - 89

Goals For - 69

Goals Against - 25

However, if those games had finished at half-time:

Wins - 12

Draws - 22

Defeats - 7

Points - 58

Goals For - 25

Goals Against - 15

Due to our second half performances, the number of wins doubles, with the points total increasing by 53%. Almost two-thirds of our goals also come after the break, as seen once again in Saturday’s victory at Queen’s Park.

Now, I’m sure these figures are largely due to us playing a lot of part-time sides in L1 and them tiring later on in games; the advantage of having a full-time squad. Still, I think it neatly highlights a strong resilience in the players and good problem-solving from McPake and Mackay as a coaching team.

Not that I wouldn’t mind us abandoning this trend completely and just battering teams early doors moving forward!

I think McPake is quite conservative in games at times just to see what's happening. The Falkirk game last year was almost like he waited until half time before telling KRH and Todd to let rip.

I don't think necessarily it's a bad thing however if the team regularly play one good half and one mediocre half then we probably won't be as fortunate with the points total as we were in L1

David Sinclair-Hutton. Every game he started i had the mentality that we were a goal down already.

Chris Smith after we got promoted was pretty horrific.

If Mehmet had left after 1 season he'd have been right up there.

Scully under Crawford was pretty poor as well. Couldnt keep hens out a close.

Anyway, I see McPake has said no more signings planned/expected. Happy with what we’ve got, once we get players back. Kind of agree with what he’s saying. But think I’d prefer a couple of loans - particularly a defender - until January, to sort us out until players are back. Another defender gets injured or suspended and we’re playing Hamilton there. Current injuries aren’t particularly short-term either.

Breen out for another 3/4 weeks and Bene still got a broken foot. KRH and Todd both still out long-term. But I guess Summers and Moffat currently covering for them - and MOH, who played pretty well at RWB at the weekend.

Encouraging that Mehmet is almost ready to go. Think he comes straight back in, despite Sharp only making one error of note during his time between the sticks.

Didn’t realise Breen would be out as long as that. Big responsibility for Otoo, Fisher and Comrie over the next month at least.

KRH was going to be six weeks at least; just such a blow. No real idea when Todd will be back in contention either.

McPake mentioning on several occasions that we should have beaten Rovers is just wild to me.

I could *maybe* see how we’d have merited a point but saying we should have won is as silly as some of McGlynn’s havering last season.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Encouraging that Mehmet is almost ready to go. Think he comes straight back in, despite Sharp only making one error of note during his time between the sticks.

Didn’t realise Breen would be out as long as that. Big responsibility for Otoo, Fisher and Comrie over the next month at least.

KRH was going to be six weeks at least; just such a blow. No real idea when Todd will be back in contention either.

McPake mentioning on several occasions that we should have beaten Rovers is just wild to me.

I could *maybe* see how we’d have merited a point but saying we should have won is as silly as some of McGlynn’s havering last season.

I can see it tbf, we had a couple of howling chances that if they go in we say it's a great performance. 

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I read this and posts like it and I don't even have to check who posts it. I know it's you. You've been banging on about how pish we were ever since.

You going on and on about is almost as "wild".

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

I can see it tbf, we had a couple of howling chances that if they go in we say it's a great performance.

Nah, only thickos claim a performance is good based entirely on the result.

We had 5 shots on goal in the entire match and did not look good. At no point did I feel we were going to equalise and Rovers held us off pretty comfortably.

Arguing we deserved to win that match is like claiming Falkirk deserved to beat us when we won 1-0 at TFS; just plain daft.

We weren’t much better vs Airdrie tbf but were excellent against Dundee Utd and QP. Wasn’t at Inverness game so can’t really judge that one.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Nah, only thickos claim a performance is good based entirely on the result.

We had 5 shots on goal in the entire match and did not look good. At no point did I feel we were going to equalise and Rovers held us off pretty comfortably.

Arguing we deserved to win that match is like claiming Falkirk deserved to beat us when we won 1-0 at TFS; just plain daft.

We weren’t much better vs Airdrie tbf but were excellent against Dundee Utd and QP. Wasn’t at Inverness game so can’t really judge that one.

Did they? MoH/Comrie take one of there gilt edged chances and it's a totally different game, I felt we were more likely to score against Raith than we were against United, we certainly had far, far more pressure. 

It's nothing like that, as they were two totally seperate games, to compare them is daft thought.