Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Also look out for some more episodes of East End Tales in the next couple of weeks, we've bagged two guest interviews the past week, we just need time to record our dose of bollocks and we'll be throwing some content back out there. 

Iif you haven't already, give Dick Campbell's chat with Mikey on Walking Down the Halbeath Road podcast a listen. I'm half way through but it's fantastic. 

Get Yogi Hughes or Peter Grant. 

How about trying Ross McArthur? 

59 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No mentions of Meggle, Rosyth, St Pauli trips, Cook or our head scout this weekend. 

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Also look out for some more episodes of East End Tales in the next couple of weeks, we've bagged two guest interviews the past week...

Meggle and Cook confirmed then?

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

I had thought about it to be fair. Still might one day. 

Only if I can get a jolly in Hamburg out of it though.

No photos or articles on the club site though.

40 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Meggle and Cook confirmed then?

If they are confirmed, can you please ask them the following...... 

Oh better not.

Tonight I'll stick to positives, Matty Todd and Otto are both utterly splendid

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

We've beat Thistle away this weekend, great result. I'm still not happy with the board. Yous happy?

In terms of the team/squad/management?

Still too early to say but time is running out.

Would take staying up (avoiding the playoffs) and then rebuilding for next season.

Unfortunately this season is a bit of a write off. It could be effective for a rebuild though if the management are ruthless and do what is needed to produce a squad to try and challenge for next season (should we stay up).

Interesting to see that Allan was preferred to Chalmers again (as he was when the half time change was made v Arbroath). Seen a suggestion that it was for left foot and right foot balance with Otoo the other midfielder, but I'm not having that - if the manager thinks Chalmers is the better option then he'll play regardless of that (which I always find a nonsense argument anyway). I thought Allan was fine earlier in the season alongside Otoo and again on Friday he did pretty well, with his set piece delivery being on the money too. Big opportunity for him to show he's worth keeping as an option and not just a League One jobber.

7 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

We've beat Thistle away this weekend, great result. I'm still not happy with the board. Yous happy?

Not happy with aspects of the Board. I wish I didn't give a shit, but there ye go eh

Lack of experience continues to be the main concern and I think we forget how young this squad is. Mehmet is 31, Kane is 29, and after that, Paul Allan is next oldest at 24. Majority of starting XI, and our best players, are 20 to 22. That's pretty impressive IMO but it's going to lead to inconsistent performances and they've been exposed when senior players were lost to injury. I think this squad will keep us up but there needs to be a slightly better balance going into next season.

21 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Lack of experience continues to be the main concern and I think we forget how young this squad is. Mehmet is 31, Kane is 29, and after that, Paul Allan is next oldest at 24. Majority of starting XI, and our best players, are 20 to 22. That's pretty impressive IMO but it's going to lead to inconsistent performances and they've been exposed when senior players were lost to injury. I think this squad will keep us up but there needs to be a slightly better balance going into next season.

MOH, Benedictus, Chalmers

14 minutes ago, North West said:

MOH, Benedictus, Chalmers

Two of which weren't even in squad, and one didn't get any game time, so there's question marks over their future. Debatable whether MOH or Chalmers are good enough if we want to push for promotion next year, and Bene needs to show he can come back from this season's injuries.