Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Isn't compensation due though to anyone who has came through your own youth system? If so, then we'd still get money for him. If it is purely on contract length/monetary amount alone, then you may be correct. I was only saying what JJ had stated in the article.

You definitely need to offer a contract of equal or greater wages, but I wasn't aware of anything to do with length of contract, I suspect they didn't consider players only being offered month to month deals.

That said I'd doubt compensation would be high enough to justify signing another player, that's if it isn't added straight to the CVA offer.

If the Honey Monster sized big Cal says "I do not see why we can't pip them (I think he is referring to The Rangers, not East Fife) to first place" then who are we to argue?

Great player to have for the coming season - I thought he'd have been off to the SPL but his injury at the end of the season maybe kept him off the radar of other clubs.

Edit - schoolboy error - forgot the link: http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130708/callum-ready-to-return_2207955_3230431

Edited by Shandon Par

Like Callum Morris they are maybe so confident of success they can't be bothered moving us and will just leave us in that section until our return next May.

Isn't compensation due though to anyone who has came through your own youth system? If so, then we'd still get money for him. If it is purely on contract length/monetary amount alone, then you may be correct. I was only saying what JJ had stated in the article.

You definitely need to offer a contract of equal or greater wages, but I wasn't aware of anything to do with length of contract, I suspect they didn't consider players only being offered month to month deals.

The laws refer to 'not less favourable terms' which could certainly apply to the length of contract - although I don't know for certain. In any event I wouldn't be trusting Jim Jeffries' understanding of the situation to be fair.

Edited by Cliche Guevara

I remember Calderwood saying something about West Coast players being mentally tougher when at the Pars.

Seemed a daft thing to say, a bit like a bully trying to justify has actions perhaps?

Look at Gary Speed, great player. It can happen to anyone.

Tenuous Pars link but doesn't really show Jimmy Calderwood in a great light.

Acht, his man management wuz poor......

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/5005506/Dressing-rooms-turned-into-the-loneliest-places-in-the-world-for-me.html

The guy is an absolute fud and it is no co incidence he now can't get a job in Scottish football.

When a manager he used to make comments about "what a great lad someone was" when signing them. Personally as a fan I would rather a manager signed a player based on his ability, not his perception of his character. A player could be the quietest guy around but if he can do the business on the pitch thats all that should matter. Managers like Calderwood belong in the stone age.

Anyone going on Saturday vs Hearts? Hoping for a good crowd and just generally getting back to the football, tbh! :)

Hearts have sold just over 1,000 tickets so far so looking good on the away support side, let's just hope the Pars fans turn up in decent numbers to support these young lads, too!

COYP! :D

Yeah I'm going. Looking forward to it as I've missed the football since the season ended.

Hopefully there'll be a decent crowd and it'll be a good game. Not bothered about the result though - it's all about getting match sharpness.

theres the small matter of being the first team to lift the administration cup

Instead of the open top bus, the winners will have to just buy a day ticket around town and travel around chapping the bus windows, displaying their silverware to bemused pedestrians.

That's minging. Why do we not have stripes on the sleeves anymore? The red bit just looks shit as well.

Probably because it's an off the peg number and we're not trusted enough to get bespoke designs.

I like it. Have we ever had a strip that everybody liked? Can't remember one that hasn't had at fair number of people that hate it.

No, we haven't. Our strips are never universally popular. I'm going to wait until I see it up close before making judgement. My initial reaction is that it's a bit meh but previous year's strips have grown on me when I've seen them properly.