Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He was a very good prospect, had a bad injury at the start of the year due to a car crash in Belgium that involved a hefty recoup period. Hopefully he can get back to that level. Was only at Raith for 2 days training, not convinced thats enough time. 

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

He was a very good prospect, had a bad injury at the start of the year due to a car crash in Belgium that involved a hefty recoup period. Hopefully he can get back to that level. Was only at Raith for 2 days training, not convinced thats enough time. 

If we sign him, or any striker for that matter, then it can only be a good thing with regards to giving our team something different, and maybe give our existing strikers a wee shake up. 
We have to trust that our management can get something out of a new guy, coz they’re not getting much out the guys we have right now 

Edited by Wacky

It could be various factors holding it up tbh, such as the term he wants and we want to offer. Wages, is he good enough or enough to warrant what he wants etc etc. No idea about the lad.

Tbh I'd rather we got more cover in for the left sooner than later so Otoo isn't getting pulled back yet again this season...

Edited by Heaton
Usual typos

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Genuine question who are your derby rivals? Raith or Falkirk?

My Pars correspondent tells me they were chanting "Stenhousemuir, Stenhousemuir, Stenhousemuir..." last weekend so they definitely aren't obsessed by Falkirk at all 😄

57 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

My Pars correspondent tells me they were chanting "Stenhousemuir, Stenhousemuir, Stenhousemuir..." last weekend so they definitely aren't obsessed by Falkirk at all 😄

That definitely happened right enough. I’m sure hundreds of fans were involved and not three creeps who attended a Challenge Cup tie.

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Genuine question who are your derby rivals? Raith or Falkirk?

You'll get different answers from different fans, for me it changes, basically whoever were battling closest too at the time of the game. Going into this season I would say it was more important to try get one back on rovers which we did tonight than get the better of Falkirk.  If we lose the next 1/2 over Falkirk then getting a win against them will quickly gain focus.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

100% definitely happened, a completely true story. Heard they were eating the cats and the dogs too.

It did happen.  But you're talking 1 or 2 fans. Chanting is very much exaggerated and it would have been the same if rovers were being beat by a lower league side.  It's not that much different to how rival clubs being behind at HT will be cheered when the score is announced.   I think it would be an outright lie from either Falkirk or rovers fans to say they aren't happy to stick the boot in when we've been struggling.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

lt did happen.  But you're talking 1 or 2 fans. Chanting is very much exaggerated and it would have been the same if rovers were being beat by a lower league side.  It's not that much different to how rival clubs being behind at HT will be cheered when the score is announced.   I think it would be an outright lie from either Falkirk or rovers fans to say they aren't happy to stick the boot in when we've been struggling.

Even the eating of cats and dogs?!

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

You'll get different answers from different fans, for me it changes, basically whoever were battling closest too at the time of the game. Going into this season I would say it was more important to try get one back on rovers which we did tonight than get the better of Falkirk.  If we lose the next 1/2 over Falkirk then getting a win against them will quickly gain focus.

It did happen.  But you're talking 1 or 2 fans. Chanting is very much exaggerated and it would have been the same if rovers were being beat by a lower league side.  It's not that much different to how rival clubs being behind at HT will be cheered when the score is announced.   I think it would be an outright lie from either Falkirk or rovers fans to say they aren't happy to stick the boot in when we've been struggling.

Thank you. Apologies accepted from the others.

20 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The way you're speaking it's like nobody is allowed to make fun of their rivals. Or if they do, it's back to the old cliches "rent free", "raging" etc. 

Football is about getting right f**king up others. Something which I hope we continue to do to Rovers and we get back to doing to you mob. 

28 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No apologies here. You never specified it was two or three folk, you made out it was the whole support.

You're also trying to peddle the pish 'obsessed' patter.