Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

And yet it was still totally empty. Your never getting fans to come out and support this competition apart from the final.

I was actually quite surprised how busy the main stand looked.

Legends was pretty much as busy as normal, but yes fans generally aren’t that interested in the challenge cup. Should we get to the final which at the moment I would say is unlikely I would be surprised if there were more than 3000 pars fans there. 

We've never won this cup.

We've only been in the final once (2007).

We should therefore win it this season. Reckon we'd take a decent number, depending on how the team are doing at the time. In 2007 we took circa 3500 and were ludicrously bad. We went 3-0 at half time and came close to equalising in normal time. As it was, St Johnstone won their first cup and since then have overtaken us in terms of cups won (including winning one we've never won).

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’d maybe go to the QF if we got East Kilbride away just to tick another ground off but a Tuesday night in November against Morton or Livi…I can think of 100 ways I’d rather spend my evening.

It will be on the Saturday in the next international break in November

4 hours ago, pawpar said:

It will be on the Saturday in the next international break in November

No other than the final that was the last weekend of fixtures.

Quarter-finals (8 clubs – 4 ties) – Midweek of November 12/13

Semi-finals (4 clubs – 2 ties) – Midweek of January 28/29

Final – Weekend of March 22/23 or March 29/30

11 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

To be fair they did have a steward holding up a piece of cardboard with "no hot food or drink" hand written on it......

Challenge Cup equivalent to the boxing ring girls 😂

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’m shocked there was even 1800 there considering it’s the Challenge Cup, we’ve been shite for months and it was pissing down.

Clearly the club expected a small crowd too, which is why they ran out of bridies (which left fans bizarrely seething?)

Seething is quite a dramatic retelling of me mentioning the counter being out of food 15/20 mins in. A man needs a lunchtime Bridie at an early kick off! 

1 hour ago, Moleman said:

Challenge Cup equivalent to the boxing ring girls 😂

Seething is quite a dramatic retelling of me mentioning the counter being out of food 15/20 mins in. A man needs a lunchtime Bridie at an early kick off! 

It was exactly the reaction I’d have expected from someone in the Main Stand if that helps.

6 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

We sat in the main stand for a change from the Norrie. Much better perspective on the game as a whole obviously. We're still frustrating as f**k to watch tho.

You think so? I like being high up in the Norrie - you can really see the shape of both sides, can see where the spaces are and where I sit at least I have a great view. The Main is fine (and arguably the best example of a Main Stand of its age in the country - when you compare it to Morton, Partick, Motherwell, etc there's no contest) but if you sit further back you have the poles and don't get a good view of the near touchline and if you sit at the front it's a bit harder to see the spaces in the old inside forward channels. All IMO of course.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You think so? I like being high up in the Norrie - you can really see the shape of both sides, can see where the spaces are and where I sit at least I have a great view. The Main is fine (and arguably the best example of a Main Stand of its age in the country - when you compare it to Morton, Partick, Motherwell, etc there's no contest) but if you sit further back you have the poles and don't get a good view of the near touchline and if you sit at the front it's a bit harder to see the spaces in the old inside forward channels. All IMO of course.

Yeh I agree the tactical view you get towards the back of the Norrie is fantastic. Although the main stand is also a good place to watch the game from.

Enjoy higher up in the Norrie for just watching a game but the lack of atmosphere is a bit disheartening.

Used to be in the section closest to the NW but there was a loud brain donor up the back who just made every match day an utter chore. One of those guys who thinks he’s really clever but just sounds thick as f**k.

30 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Enjoy higher up in the Norrie for just watching a game but the lack of atmosphere is a bit disheartening.

Used to be in the section closest to the NW but there was a loud brain donor up the back who just made every match day an utter chore. One of those guys who thinks he’s really clever but just sounds thick as f**k.

You sure it wasn’t an echo? 😉

Edited by Wacky

46 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

So….just out of interest, where do you sit??