Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Am I missing something about Husband? Lots of folk on Facebook making out that he's a real talent and that he's brilliant and will be missed etc etc. I think he's a decent player but no more, and don't think we'll miss him.

If we can keep most of our players, the club should just go with what they have and promote some youth players, with perhaps the exception on bringing in a striker. If needed, and if viable, bring in a couple of players in January.

We need a player in for every out I think. Hubby should be replaced with a right sided winger. Other than that, it should be like for like but with a better spread of experience, particularly up top and at the back.

We need a player in for every out I think. Hubby should be replaced with a right sided winger. Other than that, it should be like for like but with a better spread of experience, particularly up top and at the back.

Not sure if that's viable. We clearly aren't able to offer that much given the low deals we've seemingly offered. Don't think we'll see that many signings. I would expect a couple and maybe a couple more on loan if we keep what we have now, but can't see many more than that.

There is no way we should be taking risks. If the club can afford to bring more in then fine, but if not then we shouldn't be risking things for even one player.

Not sure if that's viable. We clearly aren't able to offer that much given the low deals we've seemingly offered. Don't think we'll see that many signings. I would expect a couple and maybe a couple more on loan if we keep what we have now, but can't see many more than that.

There is no way we should be taking risks. If the club can afford to bring more in then fine, but if not then we shouldn't be risking things for even one player.

I agree, we shouldn't be taking risks. Clearly, one in one out has the caveat of having to be within budget. Some of the low offers will reflect the importance of the players in Jefferries plans. I think Kerr Young will be on a low offer and be told to go on and prove he's worth more. Morris and likely Grainger will free up a decent wedge of the budget. We should be able to cover both positions with decent experience and quality at this level for less money. As for a winger, we now have decent experience in midfield, and hopefully they'll uncover a wee gem of a winger who is young and looking to maybe step up or a loaner with a point to prove. Up front is where I think we need to spend a wee bit more, not outwith budget, but I certainly think a striker needs to be our biggest signing, then maybe another loaner.

Harsh to say Thomson should be punted when he hasn't played his actual position for over a year. Maybe he has played in midfield for some games recently but I honestly can't remember. JJ clearly sees, like everyone else, it's not working with him up front, so time to put him back in midfield.

It could be argued that the reason he got thrown up top is because all our other central midfield options are much better than him. He's 23 years old now so is hardly a youngster anymore and in my view, he hasn't developed enough to justify keeping on. We could do better.

It could be argued that the reason he got thrown up top is because all our other central midfield options are much better than him. He's 23 years old now so is hardly a youngster anymore and in my view, he hasn't developed enough to justify keeping on. We could do better.

Agree. He should be punted.

He needs to make more of his physique. He should be like Bell - one of the league's bullies. Instead he just gets brushed aside so easily.

Shouldn't be all doom and gloom. For the 10 minutes or so he managed at Arbroath, Wallace made such a difference to the team. Smith and Faissal just don't have his timing or movement. As soon as he came on, fullbacks and midfielders were able to play balls forward and know that someone would be onto them. Of course, he fluffed a one-on-one and stuck another into the terrace.

Another Wallace-type, a natural winger and a target man and we'd be way more potent.

We need someone up front beside Wallace. That is the most important signing we have to make this summer. Experienced striker between 28 and 30 Y/O would be perfect.

Jordan Burt @dafcburty 16h

@Bobsmith2k12 Hi mate. Can you clear up your contract situation, there's a wee bit confusion amongst the fans. Are you still under contract?
@dafcburty I have a year left on my contract.
Not sure when he signed an extension or if it was a 2 year deal he signed last summer, but whatever has happened, there was no decision to be made on him. He's under contract for next season.
Edited by dafcburty

Any idea what the chat with friendlies will be? Will it be usual Hearts/Hibs/Dundee United at home followed by East Fife away?

Or might we get a decent away trip to somewhere? Not interested in the slightest in home friendlies as they bore me to pieces.

Any idea what the chat with friendlies will be? Will it be usual Hearts/Hibs/Dundee United at home followed by East Fife away?

Or might we get a decent away trip to somewhere? Not interested in the slightest in home friendlies as they bore me to pieces.

Give us what we want, Cove away!

Real Mallorca in Palma would do me nicely. Berwick is a good shout too.

I like the hospitality deals for preseason games. Nothing screams 'alky' more than explaining to people why you are hungover on a Wednesday morning after going to watch Pars v East Fife/Alloa etc in the middle of summer.

I think the ones you list are the most likely, and possibly add Berwick away given JJ connections down there.

Berwick away would be good. Would be very pleased with that.

Give us what we want, Cove away!

Haha! The dream!

Real Mallorca in Palma would do me nicely. Berwick is a good shout too.

I like the hospitality deals for preseason games. Nothing screams 'alky' more than explaining to people why you are hungover on a Wednesday morning after going to watch Pars v East Fife/Alloa etc in the middle of summer.

Shameful scenes.