Walking Down The Halbeath Road

At least it's not on matchday. I know I'm lacking in moral fibre but when I go to the football it's to watch the Pars, not hear the PA system bleating and droning on about this, that and the other. Does my nut in all constant drivel (at 140 decibels) about how someone has got the train all the way from Bognor Regis, or to have a minute's applause/silence about something that has sod all to do with the Pars.

Anyone one else more than a little uncomfortable about "World War One Commemoration Day" at EEP on Sunday. It's utterly unthinkable how many people lost their lives but not sure why we're remembering the start of the war?

Because from the moment the war started peoples lives changed forever, for many people it spelled a death sentence, I genuinely don't think you can put a price on the sacrifice these people made. So a little extra commendation? I'm OK with that.

I think sadly the club have either been swept up in the national propaganda that surrounds WW1 (and WW2 to an even bigger extent) or feel they have to pandee to it.

Oh dear.

I don't really want to go into any great detail over my views on the matter as I don't want it to descend into an argument. However, let's just say I won't be there.

Oh dear.

Events every year for 4 years on top of the already established rembrance events?! There's no two ways about it; that's massively over the top.

I"m not against remembrance of WW1 and 2 but I do think it's got massively misaligned from what it should be. It's been hijacked sadly.

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss these issues. I will say that if the club have anything that glorifies recent 'conflicts' and the current armed forces then I won't be back.

Out of interest will that also mean you'll stop posting on here?

Every cloud...

I think there's a world of difference from us having a tasteful well done commemoration and open day done on a non match day and the disgusting vulgar GIRUY Celtic look at us display from Rangers.

I really don't see what the problem with this is.

I do agree about the match announcer and build up, sometimes less is more.

Please just do the half time scores and birthday requests. I don't want to hear Leishman talk about guys guys guys ever again.

Because from the moment the war started peoples lives changed forever, for many people it spelled a death sentence, I genuinely don't think you can put a price on the sacrifice these people made. So a little extra commendation? I'm OK with that.

Oh dear.

Oh dear.

Out of interest will that also mean you'll stop posting on here?

Every cloud...

If anything I'll post on here more...

You seem to be under the impression that myself and the others you've quoted above are not aware of the tremendous sacrificies ordinary folk made in WW1 and 2 and they we are against rememberance of those events. That's simply not the case (at least for me, which I actually stated but you chose to ignore completely on purpose). We already have Rememrance Day every single year and many other local events and services. My point is that I think the commemorations are going over the top and have been increasingly doing so for years, and sadly for political means. I think the club has kind of got swept up in this.

Surely people have to see that remembrance of those two events has been hijacked? It used to be something where people could take time to reflect on those events in their own way and the unimaginable sacrifies made. Now it's almost a celebration of war, a glorification of something that was awful. It fits in with the current ongoing deification of the armed forces. I see the armed forces that served in WW1 and 2 as totally different from the current armed forces. Those that served in WW1 and 2 genuinely gave their lives for their loved ones and families and fought for a just cause and can rightly be called heroes. The current armed forces are people who do it as a job. They aren't fighting for us; they 'fight' in illegal wars to make rich people richer. They aren't heroes just because they are in the armed forces as the national propaganda would have you believe. I'm sure some have done something genuinely brave and heroic mind. I'm not totally against the armed forces of today as I know they do more than participate in illegal 'wars'. I'm just against how they are used as a tool by politicians and I'm amazed how many people stupidly fall for it as it's so transparent.

Feel free to selectively quote and deliberately ignore certain parts.

Edited by DA Baracus

I think it's more that they made that sacrifice for absolutely nothing. They got slaughtered because the politicians were heartless b*****ds.

It's still going on unfortunately, hundreds of soldiers died in Iraq for nothing.

I don't agree with any war but if people want to celebrate it quietly and remember it then they should be allowed to do so. I don't think there's any profit or advantage being made from the club?

I don't understand how anyone can ever vote labour ever again but they will and also people will vote in a few weeks to stay part of this war machine and the uk.

People are hypocritical idiots most of the time, get used to it.

Which was incredible given that it was such a stupid pece of play - you're going to have a shy in a decent area to keep pressure on, but nstead he needlessly went through the keeper to give them a free kick and relieve any pressure. I really hope he does improve with games, because he looked a total donkey today whose only contrbuton was to foul people.

Which was incredible given that it was such a stupid pece of play - you're going to have a shy in a decent area to keep pressure on, but nstead he needlessly went through the keeper to give them a free kick and relieve any pressure. I really hope he does improve with games, because he looked a total donkey today whose only contrbuton was to foul people.

But then, the ref made it clear in first half that challenges such like are perfectly legal...