Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Right so he's black, young, tall, had a loan spell at an English club yet didn't play many games and got released by his club at the end of the season.

First find came up with this guy,

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/akwasi-asante/profil/spieler/129552

Maybe aye, maybe naw.

Edit: Nevermind, seemingly its a guy called Gozie Ugwu who was released by Reading.

Edited by Parscelona

Welcome to the Club to Gozie Ugwu. Hopefully does enough in his 6 months with us to impress and be kept on longer!

On the website of his representatives, he says that JJ "sold him on the club" - for me, that's great to hear, well done to all involved who's made this deal happen. He could turn out to be a standout at this level!

Full Contact client Gozie Ugwu has today joined Scottish club Dunfermline Athletic, signing a contract (subject to international clearance) until the end of the year.

21 year old striker Gozie has enjoyed a prolific youth career at Reading, which included some starring performances in the Under 21 Premier League and Cup last season. Gozie also has Football League experience after loan spells at Yeovil, Plymouth and Shrewsbury but has made the move across to border to join Jim Jefferies’ promotion chasing side.

Gozie himself said “Some people may be surprised by my decision to make the move to Scotland, but the manager really sold the club to me and I came up and had a good look around. The facilities are good, and it is a young side who are trying to play football in the right way. I think I can play a lot of games here, score goals and really hope that my career can be onwards and upwards from here.”

All at Full Contact look forward to following Gozie’s progress over the coming months ahead.

Quick look reading a Reading forum re Ugwu. (see what I did there?)

Big

Pacey

Works hard

Injury prone

Poor finisher

That's the gist.

Tall, black Ryan Wallace, you're just a tall black Ryan Wallace..

Good to get another new face in and a bit more strength up front should help us - just hope they don't resort to lumping aimless balls at him.

Declan O'Kane off to Montrose on loan (still available for Pars u20s too).

Welcome orwu will give us another option.

As always when we send someone on loan, if he gets games it's a good move, if not then it isn't. I'll be positive tho and good luck to Declan. Wonder if we will bring in another center back? Personally I wouldn't bother, we bring in an emergency loan if we do find ourselves struggling for cover, 4 should be enough and you have millen, geggan and possible even potter who we can chuck in if really needed.