Walking Down The Halbeath Road

We must have different ideas about a "non story" Sure seems like the club are only going to be socially-media friendly for the positive stories. Understandable I suppose, but it wouldn't have taken much to stick a couple of lines on the website.

What's the story then?

"Man's contract not renewed" seems like an everyday sort of thing.

What's the story then?

"Man's contract not renewed" seems like an everyday sort of thing.

You seem to be of the understanding that 'story' means controversy or scandal. Craig Dargo leaving the club should be news, even if it's minor news.

Something to look at though. Will be interesting to see how the club deal with negative stories in the future.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

I don't have an issue (much) with him being released for financial reasons.

What I do take issue with is what I heard that he was told he had a job, went on holiday and came back to find he had been patched. If true then its despicable.

I don't have an issue (much) with him being released for financial reasons.

What I do take issue with is what I heard that he was told he had a job, went on holiday and came back to find he had been patched. If true then its despicable.

Where did you hear that?

Like the pitreavie story?

Which was extremely well documented...

The story where they blamed someone else and said it was nothing to do with them but they'd try and fix it anyway? Not really a negative story such as quietly getting rid of a fairly popular player-coach IMO.

As an aside I did find it somewhat amusing to hear JJ describe Jordan Moore's absence last season being due to a "cancer problem"

Just read Jefferies' comments about Dargo on the COWS. Seems pretty straightforward and amicable to me.

No idea where this 'rumour' that Dargo was 'fired' without his knowledge whilst on holiday has come from. Not like football fans to make pish up...

Edited by DA Baracus

Indeed, the restructuring and new fife academy seem to mean it's a new job meaning they'll need to go through the proper channels regards filling the vacancy. JJ's interview essentially reads like a positive reference.

Someone told me yesterday that Goodfellow had a health scare in the Dunfermline Press.

I can't see anything online, hoping that it's nothing serious.

Someone told me yesterday that Goodfellow had a health scare in the Dunfermline Press.

I can't see anything online, hoping that it's nothing serious.

He was hospitalised after his summer holiday - I think it was on the official site a little while back that he'd come back from the Med with something a bit nasty and had to get hooked up to a drip to restore his fluid levels.

I can't think of any activities in the Med that would cause a young lad's fluid levels to drop so drastically.

Didn't he come on for the last 5 minutes againsy Berwick last Saturday? Or did I imagine that?

I know Scully went off with five minutes to go so it's 50/50 that either Goodfellow came on or we went with any saves.

Edit - page 300! Do I win £1million?

Edited by Shandon Par

I know Scully went off with five minutes to go so it's 50/50 that either Goodfellow came on or we went with any saves.

Edit - page 300! Do I win £1million?

'Any saves' is an under used and under appreciated tactic. 'Rushy' and 'Sticky' are fine at times but sometimes you just need to go for it and that's when you need 'Any saves'.

Oh and for making the first post on the 300th page you win a Spartan cloak and shouting lessons

'Any saves' is an under used and under appreciated tactic. 'Rushy' and 'Sticky' are fine at times but sometimes you just need to go for it and that's when you need 'Any saves'.

Oh and for making the first post on the 300th page you win a Spartan cloak and shouting lessons

Cool - a cloak can be pretty dapper.