Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Home friendlies are abysmal. I haven't been to one since 2007.

Away ones are alright as you sometimes get to go a ground you haven't visited before, such as Berwick on Saturday for me.

Friendlies are decent. I'd much rather pay a tenner to go to a live game, rather than the pictures or something. It's good to see how the team is shaping up before the serious stuff starts.

Each to their own though.

What was Forbes' free kick like? I heard the young goalie played well?

What was Forbes' free kick like?

Maybe 21 yds out, about 6 yds to the left. Just clipped it hard and low into the far corner - very clinical. He'd had a cracker from the right just minutes before that was well saved.

I'd like to congratulate Dunfermline on their Challenge Cup victory a week on Saturday. We will be lining up with our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs due to injuries as well as possibly our 3rd choice keeper. Thought it would be wise getting the excuses in early ;)

I'd like to congratulate Dunfermline on their Challenge Cup victory a week on Saturday. We will be lining up with our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs due to injuries as well as possibly our 3rd choice keeper. Thought it would be wise getting the excuses in early ;)

I think Stephen Kenny was the only Pars boss to take it seriously - he probably thought it was the Champions League.

I'm sure wee Josh will be happy to add to your injury woes.

I think Stephen Kenny was the only Pars boss to take it seriously - he probably thought it was the Champions League.

Ah a counter excuse, well played.

I'm sure wee Josh will be happy to add to your injury woes.

He'll need to make sure Nade doesn't eat him.

We're understandably wary - you guys are the undisputed Kings of Fife when it comes to Mickey Mouse tournaments.

Given they were the highest placed Fife team last season and the season before that and will probably be this season, Kings of Fife is a reasonable title!

Would any Pars like a wee (free) trip to hospitality tonight? I booked a couple of tickets but my guest/victim/colleague had to cancel due to being sick as a parrot. Tried a couple of pals but too short notice to get over to Edinburgh for the 5.30pm start of festivities.

Feel free to PM me if interested.

Would any Pars like a wee (free) trip to hospitality tonight? I booked a couple of tickets but my guest/victim/colleague had to cancel due to being sick as a parrot. Tried a couple of pals but too short notice to get over to Edinburgh for the 5.30pm start of festivities.

Feel free to PM me if interested.

Already booked hospitality for me and couple of others. I'll put the word out on Twitter if you like.

Yeah standard pre-season, some look fitter than others but good enough run out.

Happy with performances of Buchanan and Stirling, and Scully proves that getting him back was an excellent bit of business. Moffat, 2nd half he showed some good touches but I wasn't overly impressed in the first half, I would have liked to see him put more pressure on the ball when their defenders have it.

I would be interested to see how Williamson would play if he was given a free role, it's exciting to watch him running at defenders but that can leave him a little out of position if he loses it. Just a thought but I'd like to see it tried at some point.

Edited by parsforlife

I would have liked to see him put more pressure on the ball when their defenders have it.

I think that looked like a rehearsed/coached tactic. Same against Livi - intstead of hounding defenders we left them to it and retreated into a tight defensive formation. Looked to me like we're practising not getting humped by shite teams. Let them pass it about aimlessly them attack with all we've got. Almost paid off in the end with a close call from a corner and a 'goal' chopped off.

I think that looked like a rehearsed/coached tactic. Same against Livi - intstead of hounding defenders we left them to it and retreated into a tight defensive formation. Looked to me like we're practising not getting humped by shite teams. Let them pass it about aimlessly them attack with all we've got. Almost paid off in the end with a close call from a corner and a 'goal' chopped off.

I did wonder if it was instructed, he certainly wasn't being asked from the sidelines to step it up, however pressing high up the pitch has its benefits, and I'd like to see a little more of it than we saw tonight, I suppose it's about balance and our shape didn't look too bad.

Maybe it's not the right thing to do with Moffat, but it's something smith and faiss are very good at, I wouldn't want that coached out of them. Its a minor thing and I suppose will change depending on who is playing and who we are playing against.

Edited by parsforlife