Walking Down The Halbeath Road

How did Spence get away with his handball btw? Totally blatant.

f**k knows, ref was the wrong side and had a player in the way but still should have spotted it, linesman I don't think had an excuse, but Finnie (yes autocorrect does rightly makes that fanny) is one of those refs that doesn't like his linesmen to do anything other than call offsides.

Doesn't matter anyway, they weren't getting past Scully tonight.

Was at the game tonight. Was really impressed with Scully and a few other Dunfermline players.

Well thank you kind sir Edited by parsforlife

Was a good work out and a lot of things to be positive about and continue to work on as we build up for the beginning of the competitive games. I'm glad to hear Faissal's injury shouldn't be too bad and hopefully he'll be able to play some part vs Berwick on Saturday and / or Lochgelly next midweek. Great to see Ryan Wallace back - clear to see he is lacking match sharpness but that'll come. Hopefully as his fitness improves, his partnership up front with Moffat will too. Buchanan is a perfect replacement for Morris imo, similar in so many ways. Andy Stirling was excellent last season and will give us a different dimension this season as an out ball, can play left, right or in the middle of midfield so is very comfortable on the ball and is versatile too which is always a positive. Moffat is a poacher and never really got a chance to stamp his authority on to tonight's match but as we saw with 5 or so minutes to go, he's only needing one little opening to create something and forced their keeper into a good save. Talking of keepers, Ryan Scully.... wow!! Outstanding performance: If this is his consistent level throughout the season, we've got one of, if not thee best, goalie in League 1. I was glad to see the guys missing on Saturday, except Goodfellow, all get game time. (Hopefully Goodfellow is back to full fitness and over his pneumonia asap!). Furthermore, Spence and Drummond played very well when they came on and for me, will be reliable back up to the first team this season. Despite losing Morris, Grainger and Husband - 3 massive players for us and at this level, I still feel we have a very strong squad and the depth is relatively adequate as so many of the youngsters continue to push their way into JJ's plans. For me, one more striker - target man - and I'd be very happy going into this season. Excited for the Raith game already!

COYP! :):D

I did wonder if it was instructed, he certainly wasn't being asked from the sidelines to step it up, however pressing high up the pitch has its benefits, and I'd like to see a little more of it than we saw tonight, I suppose it's about balance and our shape didn't look too bad.

Maybe it's not the right thing to do with Moffat, but it's something smith and faiss are very good at, I wouldn't want that coached out of them. Its a minor thing and I suppose will change depending on who is playing and who we are playing against.

That's what I thought anyway - I don't think it would be possible to coach Faissal or Smith not to hound folk.

still feel we have a very strong squad

Apart from the irreplaceable Ryan Neuer between the sticks, we seem to have good options all over the park. All the players seem so comfortable in possession too - we look a pretty fit, well drilled unit.

Any news about the seagull? It controlled the ball pretty well on the chest.

Sadly, they didn't get the seagull incident but Sky Sports did catch a bit of the Ryan Scully show. Morton fans may have Page related flashbacks at 0.40 in to the video.

Edit: can't get the video embedded but link below to Sky coverage from last night.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9383612/hibs-draw-with-dunfermline

Edited by Shandon Par

jaws_zpsde018622.png

:lol:

I've seen the away kit and it's fine. Nice and simple red kit - I think it'll prove popular.

Also enjoyed the match on Tuesday - a very good test against a useful Hibernian team. Scully was tremendous but I saw a lot of positives - I thought Stirling looked good in the first half, Spence, Byrne, Williamson and Drummond impressed from the bench while Buchanan and Moffat also showed promising signs. Wallace, Geggs and Josh clearly not fully fit but that game will be a boost for them.

Still, #prayfortheseagull.

With Husband signing for Forfar its pretty clear that we didn't let him go because we couldn't afford him, it was simply that Jefferies no longer rated him.

Didn't see the big fuss about him leaving myself, an average player and if he was half the technical genius that he was made out by some, he would have found a better club than ourselves.

He was decent enough at this level but won't be missed. The players we have in that position(s) are better.

Like said above, if he was as good as some are making out then he would at least have gotten a club in the Championship.

Good that Moffat opened his account today, hopefully score against the Wee Team next next week! Also, just seen pics from the game, the kit looks so much better with red socks IMO. Looks like the '61 kit.