Walking Down The Halbeath Road

22 hours ago, 101 said:

Not like for like, I highly doubt Stevenson could play all but 12 minutes of a season at his age.

He played against us a few weeks ago and looked fit as anything, and still mobile/agile enough. Only issue is he's likely at a stage where his legs could do over a Summer break etc.

20 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Would take Hanlon but Stevenson for Edwards isn't an ideal swap. If ICT go down, we should be looking at Cammy Harper. Really can't see us getting McMann, but you never know. 

Harpers been linked to half the top flight and League One sides down south, be surprised if he stays in this division.

Is Lewis Strapp a free agent? Think he's the likeliest to stay at this level next season?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He played against us a few weeks ago and looked fit as anything, and still mobile/agile enough. Only issue is he's likely at a stage where his legs could do over a Summer break etc.

Harpers been linked to half the top flight and League One sides down south, be surprised if he stays in this division.

Is Lewis Strapp a free agent? Think he's the likeliest to stay at this level next season?

He was out of contract last season but Morton would have been due money so he ended up back at Morton on a short term deal. This summer he's free to go I believe, he was definitely on trial at Killie last summer so may end up being a few premiership clubs looking at him.

Edited by FFC 1876

Was always impressed with Strapp but I think a Prem club could take a chance on him.

One thing I always liked about Mochrie when we had him, was he was able to go by players in an effortless manner. I feel the guys we had this season were a bit more huff and puff but Mochrie could just float about and take on people. 

I'm not convinced by mochrie but he seems to have developed this year and added a bit more end product, than he has with us. he wouldn't be a terrible signing but in a summer where we really need to bring in quality that can have us fighting at the top end of the league I think we need to set our sights higher. Adding ok players onto our current squad doesn't sound like great business.

Hype train seems to have calmed down on strapp a bit , I think he'll be playing at this level again next year

The one thing I’ve learned over the years as a Pars fan is we very rarely ever get the players that are touted by fans on social media platforms. I don’t expect this year to be any different.  

McPake isn't naive to think we only need a few "here and there" There is going to be massive changes over the summer, you heard it from the man himself in his post-match interviews. 

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

McPake isn't naive to think we only need a few "here and there" There is going to be massive changes over the summer, you heard it from the man himself in his post-match interviews. 

We need ready made good Championship players. The kind of quality that Partick and Rovers have been signing the last couple years. Not 19 year old prospects. There enough youthfulness around the team and we need to focus on the here and now this summer and improving the quality of the first 11.

The worry is that the fringe players who have 1 year left are going to be hard to shift on to make room for new players.

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We need ready made good Championship players. The kind of quality that Partick and Rovers have been signing the last couple years. Not 19 year old prospects. There enough youthfulness around the team and we need to focus on the here and now this summer and improving the quality of the first 11.

Early days yet but the linking of Meekinson, and in particular Mochrie don't reflect that. 

I'm concerned tbf. 

40 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Early days yet but the linking of Meekinson, and in particular Mochrie don't reflect that. 

I'm concerned tbf. 

Suppose it's just paper talk though isn't it. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens but I'm sure McPake had an idea of who he'd like before Mochrie and Meekison were on Utd's release list. I think even the Dundee Utd fans were surprised Mochrie didn't get a year at least.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Mochrie has now had a season playing pretty regularly in the Championship.

And a Championship winners medal. Which no one has in our team, as far as I can tell. 

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Mochrie has now had a season playing pretty regularly in the Championship.

How many games did he start? I beleive it was 5?

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

And a Championship winners medal. Which no one has in our team, as far as I can tell. 

Jakubaik? Who played a far more key role for Dundee than Mochrie did for Utd. 

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Mochrie would be an upgrade on Summers & Moffat (who I liked tbf)

Paper talk though 

Would he? 

Mochrie quite rightly wasn't getting a start by the end of our title winning season in League One, a season later and he's started 5 games for United, what's changed that says he's going to come in and be a good player for us? 

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think Benedictus has one from his time at Dundee. Likewise Jakubiak and Wighton. Fisher got one last season at Dundee I believe.

O'Halloran has one from his time at Sevco.

Some changes to our media team coming this summer it looks,  the full team have left stenny who were were rumoured to be looking at a few months ago and their head of media (a pars fan) has replied to a tweet wishing him well at dunfermline.

45 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Some changes to our media team coming this summer it looks,  the full team have left stenny who were were rumoured to be looking at a few months ago and their head of media (a pars fan) has replied to a tweet wishing him well at dunfermline.

I can confirm their head of is joining ParsTV. No idea about the others. Heard it from his own mouth some time ago. He's been with the ParsTV guys a few games the latter half this season and done a post match a while go too.

54 minutes ago, Heaton said:

I can confirm their head of is joining ParsTV. No idea about the others. Heard it from his own mouth some time ago. He's been with the ParsTV guys a few games the latter half this season and done a post match a while go too.

Hopefully, the development fee isn't too much, but he's still a young guy, so hopefully, we can hand him a two-year deal.