Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Surprised even the biggest dunfermline fan could defend how shite chalmers has been this season. Even mcpake has rarely used him when he's fit. 

Surely the more relevant question is why does it bother you so much?

3 hours ago, BPM said:

How many of this current Championship would have gone through L1 undefeated? 

Well that’s a bit of a silly question because we’ll never know.

It’s a great achievement for Falkirk, but don’t forget we only lost one league game on our way to lifting the L1 title last season, so perhaps it’s not as difficult as we think. 

7 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Well that’s a bit of a silly question because we’ll never know.

It’s a great achievement for Falkirk, but don’t forget we only lost one league game on our way to lifting the L1 title last season, so perhaps it’s not as difficult as we think. 

It is not a silly question. I am asking your opinion. My opinion is probably very few if any. DU possibly. You lost a game drew a good few more too. We didn't there in lies the difference. 

8 hours ago, HoBNob said:

How many would have spent so long in League One? 

Where is the relevance of that? You won’t answer the question because you know the answer is very few if any. 

24 minutes ago, BPM said:

Where is the relevance of that? You won’t answer the question because you know the answer is very few if any. 

Congratulations to the bairns. Yer team were great and deserved the league title, after all you took a good few years to build the momentum to get there eventually. I wouldn’t craw so loud about it though, it’s been a while since you played at championship level, you might not find life so easy here, then again you’ll maybe romp this league too. Either way the Pars will just keep trying to do their very best in every game, especially in the derby games 

48 minutes ago, BPM said:

It is not a silly question. I am asking your opinion. My opinion is probably very few if any. DU possibly. You lost a game drew a good few more too. We didn't there in lies the difference. 

You’ve got to be at it here, comparing your results in league 1 this season, to ours last season. Replacing us and Airdrie with Hamilton and Cove definitely made the competition weaker. I don’t think there’s many rational people who would disagree with that. That’s before you consider Edinburgh City’s implosion as well. You have to be aware that was the weakest that League 1 has been, in the entire time you’ve been down there?

Either that, or you’re claiming that us playing you 4 times last season, was the same difficulty of fixture as you playing Cove 4 times this season…

Falkirk had a very good season. Nobody is trying to detract from that. But the championship is a very different level of football. It will be a very tight league next season and I don’t think there’ll be a great deal of points between top and bottom. In my eyes, everyone will see this as their best chance to win the league.

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Congratulations to the bairns. Yer team were great and deserved the league title, after all you took a good few years to build the momentum to get there eventually. I wouldn’t craw so loud about it though, it’s been a while since you played at championship level, you might not find life so easy here, then again you’ll maybe romp this league too. Either way the Pars will just keep trying to do their very best in every game, especially in the derby games 

Not crowing about anything. However you are dealing with a totally different Falkirk (as a club) than anyone has witnessed I would wager since we were in the Premier League. I am not saying the team doesn’t need a few additions but the togetherness on and off the field I have never witnessed in my lifetime as a Falkirk Fan. We will 100% be competitive. FWIIW I think that Hamilton are as good as Airdire were. They only lost 3 games outside the 3 times we beat them all season and I think they have every chance of beating Inverness/Montrose if they get past a decent Alloa side. 

Couldn't quite make it out from the updates from the meeting last night, but was there a statement from McPake that some existing loan players will be returning or was that more an intention?

Not surprised MFW was being watched by Aberdeen, he's going to be a great player considering that was his first real taste of senior football 

24 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

Couldn't quite make it out from the updates from the meeting last night, but was there a statement from McPake that some existing loan players will be returning or was that more an intention?

Not surprised MFW was being watched by Aberdeen, he's going to be a great player considering that was his first real taste of senior football 

I was at the meeting and he never made a clear cut statement, it was a question from the floor about existing loans returning and he just gave the expected response of if we think a deal can be done that suits both parties then it would be.

Not sure what @The Toun Clock thinks but I thought Cooks demeanor was pretty poor and at times dismissive last night. For example there was a perfectly reasonable question about the toilets in the NW not being fit for purpose for a club with ambitions of top flight football. His response essentially was we don't have a bottomless pot of money so not much can be done, maybe I just misinterpreted but I thought there was times where he could have elaborated more.

10 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I was at the meeting and he never made a clear cut statement, it was a question from the floor about existing loans returning and he just gave the expected response of if we think a deal can be done that suits both parties then it would be.

Thanks for clearing that up. Outside of MFW or Chris Kane I'm not sure I'd be too interested in any of the other loanees coming back. I like the look of Moffat as well but not sure the system McPake likes to play suits him that well.

5 hours ago, BPM said:

We owned you lot last time round. McGlynn will be McPakes bitch this season too.

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Not sure what @The Toun Clock thinks but I thought Cooks demeanor was pretty poor and at times dismissive last night. For example there was a perfectly reasonable question about the toilets in the NW not being fit for purpose for a club with ambitions of top flight football. His response essentially was we don't have a bottomless pot of money so not much can be done, maybe I just misinterpreted but I thought there was times where he could have elaborated more.

Yes, that was a poor response from Cook, but I wasn't surprised. I got the feeling that he felt it was a chore being there?

5 minutes ago, North West said:

We owned you lot last time round. McGlynn will be McPakes bitch this season too.

You did...but overall your on our mantelpiece....neither of which will influence what happens next season..I think we will both finish outside both playoffs but it will be bucolic fun to see a proper support in our away stand...you can stop battering f**k out it this time & bring a drum instead...seems to be in vogue 

5 hours ago, BPM said:

I just don't care tbh, it's a nonsense argument that can't be proven. 

I'm going to say every single team in the Championship would've went unbeaten in League One this season, scoring on average of 7 goals a game. 

That's got as much relevancy as you saying you only beleive Dundee Utd could do it, it's a nonsense argument. 

3 hours ago, BPM said:

Not crowing about anything. However you are dealing with a totally different Falkirk (as a club) than anyone has witnessed I would wager since we were in the Premier League. I am not saying the team doesn’t need a few additions but the togetherness on and off the field I have never witnessed in my lifetime as a Falkirk Fan. 

The Falkirk side who finished second in the Championship, above Hibs, losing less game than Rangers including Will Vaulks etc have absolutely nothing on Aidan Nesbitt and Co, gotcha. 

This sounds very familiar to Falkirk fans going to great lengths to tell us how strong there squad and bench was before you got put to the sword at EEP.  The reactionary posting of some Falkirk fans is wild, they're either the worst team in the world or everything is perfect. I can't say I've missed it tbh. 

3 hours ago, BPM said:

Not crowing about anything. However you are dealing with a totally different Falkirk (as a club) than anyone has witnessed I would wager since we were in the Premier League. I am not saying the team doesn’t need a few additions but the togetherness on and off the field I have never witnessed in my lifetime as a Falkirk Fan. We will 100% be competitive. FWIIW I think that Hamilton are as good as Airdire were. They only lost 3 games outside the 3 times we beat them all season and I think they have every chance of beating Inverness/Montrose if they get past a decent Alloa side. 

It’s lovely that you feel all warm and fuzzy about the connections with your club. I’m of the opinion that it’s very easy to feel that when you’re winning every week and everything just appears at ease. We were all saying the same thing at end of last season, and recently when we are met with challenges, cracks start appearing and people question every decision being made and even individuals worth. I’m not for one second doubting in what you feel, but I think it’s more of a state of mind instead of an actual tangible achievement. Anyway, welcome back I suppose.