Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Regarding the short passing stuff. if you recall from last season we often mixed it up with long passes from defence over the top for McCann Todd and Wighton? That's when we had players that could play a long ball - Bene, Fisher, sometimes Breen and Chalmers when he dropped to take it ?

last years back three , the runners from midfield like Edwards,Todd and KRH and the runners up front like Wighton and McCann have hardly played together

The manager, or more likely Mackay, have had to come up with a different way of playing 

I'm hoping with a fully fit squad next season, we can get some variety back in our play?

A full pre season and no hideous injury lists will be a huge bonus  

Our players coming back still took a wee bit time to gel with the others all over again this season, and the results showed that IMO. 

Edited by Wacky

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

A full pre season and no hideous injury lists will be a huge bonus  

Other than Miller Fenton, who I think is actually out of contract, am I right in thinking everyone is fit going into the summer?

I'm sure the last update on Comrie and Wighton was that they were running. If so you're right that having everyone available to get that core fitness and squad drills in early doors is key.

11 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Was said today I'm sure that he doesn't and should be fine for pre-season. 

Yep that's what i read somewhere as well. He'll be ready for pre-season.

11 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Was said today I'm sure that he doesn't and should be fine for pre-season. 

Good news. Hoping we get close to a full squad through a full pre-season this year. Don’t want a repeat of last year, with numerous players missing a big chunk of pre-season through injury.

53 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Should hopefully know in the next week what will be happening with boys out of contract. Notice it was 7th May last year we announced who was leaving.

I'm buzzing for the rebuild to start. 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

I'm buzzing for the rebuild to start. 

I'm fully prepared for another underwhelming close season but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Should hopefully know in the next week what will be happening with boys out of contract. Notice it was 7th May last year we announced who was leaving.

Yeah, we were very early last year. Hopefully same again. I really hope we can move on some of the under contract players this summer - although, I appreciate that won’t be announced as part of the squad update that will come this month.

5 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm fully prepared for another underwhelming close season but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Exactly how I can see things panning out. Just can't see how me can shuffle the pack with many of our weakest players still under contract.

Worse is that McPake doesn't see a need for big change. It's quite possible that he believes a fully fit squad plus a couple of others will be good enough.

Majority of Champions of League 1, in recent history, have done much better than what we did this season. To be fair, we did have a really bad time of it with the injuries, but we must improve next season. The budget is surely there to be challenging for the title. 

IMG_6708.jpeg

Well thankfully that’s over, just checked Futbology and I went to 33 games this season and can’t think of more than a handful of memorable moments, this disallowed goal at Patrick and the Arbroath players fighting seem to be the best examples of our season.

Bring on 24-25

PHEW! I’m glad this season is finally over. It’s been a hard slog of a season, and that’s just watching it. I’ve felt like I’ve been swimming through mud wi a huge bag o totties on ma back. 
As always after a piss poor season some Pars fans will be debating with themselves whether to buy a season ticket again, and who can blame them after this shitfest? 
I always think of the many things I could be doing on a Saturday, spending time with the wife, kids, grandkids, or going mountain biking or out on the motorbike with the lads etc, but then….as usual…I’ll buy my ST and follow the Pars to as many games as possible. 
So I’m not going to kid myself on this time, I’ll be buying my season ticket as always, watch the comings and goings at EEP, feel the usual emotions of being happy, sad, and fuckin mad at some of the closed season activities surrounding our team, then sit as judge, juror, and executioner along with (hopefully) another five thousand judges etc next season 

Its the life of a Pars fan, and let’s be honest, most of us love it. 

COYP