Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 hours ago, Well over Par said:

It’s not sinister as some have assumed.  certain people  are not giving value for money is the correct interpretation 

and Wacky, I will never betray a confidence so please don’t ask for proof 

To be fair I wasn’t alone in thinking more sinister things were going on after reading your post. Perhaps wording things differently would help avoid misinterpretation. 
I do wonder if we are getting value for money from Mr Cook, but I’ve never seen figures that would confirm this one way or the other. 
I understand that you wouldn’t betray a confidence, but at least let us know what the balance is with wage to income ratios? Otherwise you can hardly blame some people for not taking this at face value, and asking for more clarity or proof. 

Wow! I’ve just been talking to a father and son who said they will be holding off buying a season ticket until they see who gets released. Pretty adamant that if Chalmers, MOH and Wighton are still with the club they won’t renew. To be honest I don’t think many fans across the Pars sites are happy with Chalmers getting the deal he got, but I would still buy my season ticket regardless. 
There’s no denying we need a major overhaul in our playing squad, but I wouldn’t go as far as stopping my support because of a couple of players. 

17 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Wow! I’ve just been talking to a father and son who said they will be holding off buying a season ticket until they see who gets released. Pretty adamant that if Chalmers, MOH and Wighton are still with the club they won’t renew. To be honest I don’t think many fans across the Pars sites are happy with Chalmers getting the deal he got, but I would still buy my season ticket regardless. 
There’s no denying we need a major overhaul in our playing squad, but I wouldn’t go as far as stopping my support because of a couple of players. 

Nothing like following the team through thick and thin.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing a fully fit Craig Wighton next season. Think he could link with a Chris Kane type quite well.

Not sure what MOH has done to upset them so much. Hardly ever features.

Chalmers will never get some of the the utter p***ks in our support off his back. Doesn't matter who's at fault, he'll get it in the neck. Might be best if he moves on to.  Then we will complain we have no-one with "composure" that can "put their foot on the ball" or "pick a pass".

8 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing a fully fit Craig Wighton next season. Think he could link with a Chris Kane type quite well.

Chalmers will never get some of the the utter p***ks in our support off his back. Doesn't matter who's at fault, he'll get it in the neck. Might be best if he moves on to.  Then we will complain we have no-one with "composure" that can "put their foot on the ball" or "pick a pass".

A fully fit Wighton did very well at this level in his first season. I think he'd be a great foil too for a more greedy striker. He's not the man I want up on his own and that's not his fault. 

Spot on with the rest of your post too.

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

To be fair I wasn’t alone in thinking more sinister things were going on after reading your post. Perhaps wording things differently would help avoid misinterpretation. 
I do wonder if we are getting value for money from Mr Cook, but I’ve never seen figures that would confirm this one way or the other. 
I understand that you wouldn’t betray a confidence, but at least let us know what the balance is with wage to income ratios? Otherwise you can hardly blame some people for not taking this at face value, and asking for more clarity or proof. 

I asked about provision of profit & loss figures. I was informed by David Cook that the club never produces them. I said I thought the club had, but I said that I was happy to stand corrected. On the EEB some poster produced some evidence to counter that statement. 

4 minutes ago, North West said:

I asked about provision of profit & loss figures. I was informed by David Cook that the club never produces them. I said I thought the club had, but I said that I was happy to stand corrected. On the EEB some poster produced some evidence to counter that statement. 

I’m also sure the books were opened during Ross McArthers tenure?  I suppose with a lack of evidence we have to trust that the club is getting value for money with Cook, either that or our board is totally incompetent? 
Bizarre that there isn’t an open book with regards to this, you’d think the board would want to prove their and Cooks value to the club, especially after being questioned on the finances after the 1st div losses? 

25 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Fans are fickle as feck, and some go to extreme lengths of cutting their nose off to spite their faces

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That have in the past. I can't say how far back but they have. Perhaps old regime, not sure.

We’ve been taking advantage of small company status since 2016, when the small company thresholds were increased significantly. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Once fans get a thought in there mind it's quite hard to change it. MoH wasn't a great signing but that's reflected in his playing time, he's also not been horrendous and when he does play he puts a shift in. If you compare him to MacDonald? I'd say he was an upgrade. 

The abuse Chalmers gets is fucking wild, I get that he wasn't great in his first season and I really didn't enjoy watching him play, however he was genuinely good last season and he still got dogs abuse. Maybe league one is his level, maybe like a few of our players they'd play better in a different system. 

There's no player in the team that I dislike so much that if they don't get punted I'd stay away, what if like to see is far better summer recruitment. 

17 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

There's no player in the team that I dislike so much that if they don't get punted I'd stay away, what if like to see is far better summer recruitment. 

This. We are in the second tier of Scottish football we will always have a jobber or 2 in the squad. Hence the P&B Jobber Fund (temporarily supporting the meteorological rise of Mr Andrew Tod Jrn.)

Would need to be a Goodwillie type situation for an individual player to make me stay away from the ground. But each to their own their cash after all but I do think it's a strange place to draw a line.

With one game to go Wighton remains our top scorer in the league, although that says more about the team than anything.

Not sure if folk on contracts are going to be punted.

Allot of folk seem pretty downbeat but tbh we met our remit of staying in the league and have a good chance of getting 5th, I would have probably taken thatat the start of the season and with the injuries we have had. Albeit we did give ourself a good chance of getting into the playoffs and ended up with a few lack lustre performances.

On the board level stuff the new commercial guy seens to be getting on and doing things(think he made a mistake with the wall but I think it seemed to be just an error of judgement rather than being dismissive of it). But the fan zone stuff and using the norrie concourses for events seems like it might bring in some income along with the stadium sponsorship. At least theres new ideas and things being tried. I also see him around the place allot at hospitality and sponsors events so he makes himself visable and is overseeing things(he was selling 50/50 tickets in hospolitality a few weeks ago and went round tables at the sponsors event giving kids old programmes so they could get signed with the players there, its a small thing but good to see).

I dont really know how he interacts with staff or volunteers though so can't comment on that side of things or about any of the rest of the board, although I have heard anecdontal stories from people but I dont know whats true or not.  

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

Stuff like that is embarrassing and I hope they f*ck right off. There’s plenty under contract players I’d rather see the back of but even if they were all offered five year deals tomorrow I’d still buy my season ticket/support the team. 

Was just thinking, Morton probably have the trickiest tie of the final round being away to Inverness who have plenty to play for. Hopefully ICT can get the result they need and if we manage to pick up a win in Ayrshire we will finish 5th.

The biggest issue for me is McPake at the moment.

I was really encouraged when he eventually changed the 3 at the back and moved to a 4 at the back. We got that good victory at Firhill playing that formation, we beat Ayr and Dundee United at home, then he starts migrating back to that awful back 3 with the slow passing and no width in attacking areas. He's ruining KRH and Todd with his boring style and there's simply no need for it.  

His number one priority next season is to build a cohesive attacking set-up and start  playing football that is more attacking and higher tempo. He's turning fans off and there will only one loser once the fans have had enough of it.

I can’t be bothered with the debates about whether certain employees are worthy of their wages. Particularly when it’s all based on hearsay, none of us know what they earn and none of us are aware of what value they have/haven’t added to the club, or what exactly they do.

On the squad, we need experienced players. Not another O’Halloran/Chalmers, but experienced players that will come in and enhance the team. When Bene was out, we severely lacked that experienced head in defence. Likewise, our midfield falls apart if we don’t have both of Hamilton and Otoo in there, which just isn’t good enough. Kane added a lot to our attacking areas and I’d like to see him return, or us try and bring in a similar type of player.

There’s an argument that we have a strong first choice 11, but even then, there’s a debate about what system would get the best out of them? The current shape certainly doesn’t seem like it’ll get the best out of Todd/KRH.

The vast majority of our depth/cover options have also proven to be below the required standard this season. Nobody can account for/plan for the injury crisis we had. However, too many players were incapable of performing to a decent enough standard, when called upon. Hopefully a decent number of these can find new clubs and we can move on from this. Unfortunately, that won’t be easy since a lot of them are under contract.

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I was really encouraged when he eventually changed the 3 at the back and moved to a 4 at the back. We got that good victory at Firhill playing that formation, we beat Ayr and Dundee United at home, then he starts migrating back to that awful back 3 with the slow passing and no width in attacking areas. He's ruining KRH and Todd with his boring style and there's simply no need for it.  

His number one priority next season is to build a cohesive attacking set-up and start  playing football that is more attacking and higher tempo. He's turning fans off and there will only one loser once the fans have had enough of it.

This.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We played the back 5 against Dundee Utd, KRH was at RWB that night, with Edwards at LWB. But I do agree the back 4 looked better against Ayr and  Partick than we have seen most weeks from the regular back 5. Unfortunately though, the back 4 also looked really poor in a few games around then - including Inverness away and Airdrie at home.

Switching back to the back 5 from the Raith defeat saw us go on a 3 game winning run, including the United game. It wasn’t pretty, but got us the results we needed for safety. That doesn’t mean it’s the best shape for next season though.