Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I just hope James can see what roughly 5 thousand experts in the stands can see and move some players on regardless of the contracts he gave them. 
I’m not naming players here because I can’t be arsed with endless posts explaining myself, but we all have our own opinions on who we’d like to see moved on, so I’m referring to all of them. 

25 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I just hope James can see what roughly 5 thousand experts in the stands can see and move some players on regardless of the contracts he gave them. 
I’m not naming players here because I can’t be arsed with endless posts explaining myself, but we all have our own opinions on who we’d like to see moved on, so I’m referring to all of them. 

That’s easier said than done though. If I had it my way, I’d be looking to move on Deniz, Breen, Chalmers, McCann, Wighton, O’Halloran, yet all of them are under contract, meaning we’d have to pay them off. We’re not really in a paying off position, not for multiple guys anyway. You might get a wee agreement with one or two saying you’ll not play, find another club but again none of them are exactly setting the heather alight. Those guys signed deals which gave them security, offered by the club. Not much else we can do.

Deniz is only playing because we don’t really have a backup that will challenge. Breen has hardly played since coming back, well down the pecking order, since Hammy and Otoo have been able to play in the middle, Chalmers has hardly played, McCann is getting worse, shouldn’t play ahead of Jak if he’s fit, Wighton wouldn’t get in ahead of Kane, O’Halloran has hardly played since the injured guys came back. Essentially all squad players but I bet they’ll be on good money. 

Allan has a couple of goals and assists but I’m afraid that’s not good enough to get a new deal. Alex Jakubiak is a good player but we need to see it more, McPake said he’s almost too good for this league on his day but we need to see that. I’d be tempted to keep. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Seeing pics of Hamilton and Otto with rewards from yesterday. Does anyone know the breakdown of all the awards? 

Otoo cleaned up mate, well deserved imo.

I'm scunnered after the day like, mcpakes not the man at all.

17 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

That’s easier said than done though. If I had it my way, I’d be looking to move on Deniz, Breen, Chalmers, McCann, Wighton, O’Halloran, yet all of them are under contract, meaning we’d have to pay them off. We’re not really in a paying off position, not for multiple guys anyway. You might get a wee agreement with one or two saying you’ll not play, find another club but again none of them are exactly setting the heather alight. Those guys signed deals which gave them security, offered by the club. Not much else we can do.

Deniz is only playing because we don’t really have a backup that will challenge. Breen has hardly played since coming back, well down the pecking order, since Hammy and Otoo have been able to play in the middle, Chalmers has hardly played, McCann is getting worse, shouldn’t play ahead of Jak if he’s fit, Wighton wouldn’t get in ahead of Kane, O’Halloran has hardly played since the injured guys came back. Essentially all squad players but I bet they’ll be on good money. 

Allan has a couple of goals and assists but I’m afraid that’s not good enough to get a new deal. Alex Jakubiak is a good player but we need to see it more, McPake said he’s almost too good for this league on his day but we need to see that. I’d be tempted to keep. 

Yer a brave person naming your choices, sir/madam/what ever you choose to identify. 
I think I can safely say that due to the lack of protest from other Pars fans, you’ve nailed what many on here would consider as transferable players   

16 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Seeing pics of Hamilton and Otto with rewards from yesterday. Does anyone know the breakdown of all the awards? 

Player of the Year - Chris Hamilton

Young Player of the Year - Ewan Otoo

Players Player of the Year - Chris Hamilton

Living Sportsman of the Year - Kyle Benedictus 

Management Player of the Year - Josh Edwards

Goal of the Year - Lewis McCann vs Queens Park

PST Player of the Year - Ewan Otoo

Academy player of the year - Ewan McLeod

The Player and Young Player of the year might be the other way round, too much beer was had.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What?!

Possibly because he was still living after the injuries he sustained. A lesser player would maybe not have survived, or been permanently crippled at the very least 😉

20 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Possibly because he was still living after the injuries he sustained. A lesser player would maybe not have survived, or been permanently crippled at the very least 😉

Well deserved.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Living Sportsman of the Year - Kyle Benedictus 

This has to be a joke? Surely we haven’t got an award named this. Did they explain what this actually means?

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

This has to be a joke? Surely we haven’t got an award named this. Did they explain what this actually means?

The audio in the room was bad, but I'm fairly certain that was the name of the award or something very similar.

Basically the award the club (?) gave to the player who best represented their new ethos of living true sportsmanship.

They did give a bit of an explainer, basically a UEFA style fair play award from what I could make out.

Its still a load of absolute bollocks. unless someone does something completely wild its going to go to the club captain every year I guess for giving the armband away? 

We need a shithouse of the year reward.  That would be far more entertaining.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

The audio in the room was bad, but I'm fairly certain that was the name of the award or something very similar.

Basically the award the club (?) gave to the player who best represented their new ethos of living true sportsmanship.

They did give a bit of an explainer, basically a UEFA style fair play award from what I could make out.

I think it's important to recognise sportsmanship in some way.

I'd rather that than those fuckwits who roll about like they've just had their chuckies booted. Injury simulation does my head in.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Its still a load of absolute bollocks. unless someone does something completely wild its going to go to the club captain every year I guess for giving the armband away? 

We need a shithouse of the year reward.  That would be far more entertaining.

The Alan Main award for shithousery.

I assumed living sportsman was an in-joke for the best at all the sports they play after training (tec-ball, table tennis, snooker, golf, whatever) but a sportsmanship award sounds like the sort of thing they do at under 11s so everyone gets a medal...

Here’s hoping out first new signing of the season is new catering. I’m sick to death of bridies with the filling spay painted on, and the heartburn that follows about twenty minutes later. 
Then a new strike force please, and a replacement for Mr Chalmers 

Bin day at EEP on may the 4th 

IMG_7642.jpeg.787ecfebaf01d5925fa074f2ab3b6f56.jpegIMG_7641.thumb.webp.bfec14c04429f1aa3bd958d8fee0ee4e.webp