Walking Down The Halbeath Road

This has been the story of our season so far. Lucky to be only 2 points off Forfar and not more. Get it changed with a man who actually knows what he's doing. You truly wonder who is the full time team and who are the part-timers of this league."

"Geggan totally anonymous this season and still gets a game and the captancy into the bargain.

We are rank rotten and look nowhere near good enough to win this league. When you get outdone not once, but TWICE with two games to go with them, off a team managed by Jim Duffy, you really have to ask the credentials of the man.

Moffat has been a tragedy of a signing whilst Buchanan and Scully have been the only ones to perform to the standards we should be setting."

"So, inept performances throughout the season, not just against our closest rivals, 1 point from 12 against Morton and Forfar thus far and there's nothing to be concerned about.

"2 points off the top and soon to be more. If you actually went to games you can see this a team in decline.

We will not win the league with Jefferies in charge. You can bookmark that. The team is horrible to watch, disorganized and devoid of confidence."

"Dreadful performances and getting trounced good and proper by part timers suggests otherwise."

If its reasoned debate you seek, can I politely suggest a slightly less obnoxious, abrasive tone when posting?

I've removed a couple but most of these points are not only clearly no obnoxious, they're also very true.

Don't see anything wrong with what I'm saying. I'm using my two eyes and telling it how it is. I've been to every single home game the past 3 seasons and a chunk of away ones, I've seen enough from the Jefferies era to know we aren't going anywhere with him in charge. I was pretty soft on the sacking him approach up until that Morton game.

I've been called a tit, dick etc on that for making very true comments. Think that's obnoxious rather than countering my arguments instead of calling names, making redundant points and concluding with "Should be happy we have a team".

I'd had enough after the Cowden game, ultimately we have a soft spine to the team and are far too easy to beat when it comes to the games the really matter.

For that reason alone we need to start asking serious questions about how the team is coached and managed. I'm not buying the 'he hasn't had enough time or resources to build a team'. How much time and resources did Jimmy Nicol have when he turned Cowden into a decent side from an absolute shambles? Six months, even less?

They signed Chris Kane who was probably our seventh choice central midfielder. They would have bitten your hand off for the likes of Ross Forbes or Grainger who are both on more than any of their squad. Probably double and also training full time yet they made us look like the part time side.

He has to go before we end up part time, how many people will keep paying £20 a month for that? It's all very well beating Peterhead or the easy teams but in the few games that mattered this season we have lost or drawn them all and scraped a win at Ayr. Brechin also beat Ayr....

A bit of a long shot this one, but what the hell, any Pars fan got the Sportscene highlights of the following game on video/DVD:

1991 Skol Cup S/F v Airdrie at Tynecastle (come on down David Syme)

Youtube has the winning penalty from Norrie, but nothing more.

A pm in reply would be fine, ta. :)

Given that it wasn't on the telly, it's doubtful. There were brief highlights on the following Saturday's Saint and Greavsie if I remember correctly.

There were BBC highlights that night - Jock Brown commentating. I had it on VHS for years but probably taped over it with Eurotrash at some point.

A bit of a long shot this one, but what the hell, any Pars fan got the Sportscene highlights of the following game on video/DVD:

1991 Skol Cup S/F v Airdrie at Tynecastle (come on down David Syme)

Youtube has the winning penalty from Norrie, but nothing more.

A pm in reply would be fine, ta. :)

Was there much highlights apart from the Norrie penalty? We were atrocious that day and robbed Airdrie blind.

It appears I've been banned from posting on the Pars United Facebook page. They had a design for a tshirt with the Pars badge in the middle with a poppy on the lower right of it and 'Lest We Forget' in red writing underneath. They posted the design and "Thoughts?".

I simply replied with "Horrific" as I think it looks shit. I didn't post anything abusive. Indeed all I posted was my personal opinion on the tshirt. I simply don't like the design. Going by all the comments it seems I'm alone, but why ask for "Thoughts" if what you actually want is nothing but positive comments?

I thought fans views were welcome. I could understand deleting the comment and stopping me posting on the page if I was abusive or being a dick, but I posted a single word opinion.

I think the tshirt without the poppy and the writing would be decent. This isn't anti-poppy; I just think the poppy and the writing look a bit shoehorned in. If they want a poppy tshirt with a DAFC connection then I think they could do better. But it seems I'm in the minority anyway, so it just makes their deletion of the post and stopping me posting all the more pathetic and ridiculous.

Edited by DA Baracus

It appears I've been banned from posting on the Pars United Facebook page. They had a design for a tshirt with the Pars badge in the middle with a poppy on the lower right of it and 'Lest We Forget' in red writing underneath. They posted the design and "Thoughts?".

I simply replied with "Horrific" as I think it looks shit. I didn't post anything abusive. Indeed all I posted was my personal opinion on the tshirt. I simply don't like the design. Going by all the comments it seems I'm alone, but why ask for "Thoughts" if what you actually want is nothing but positive comments?

I thought fans views were welcome. I could understand deleting the comment and stopping me posting on the page if I was abusive or being a dick, but I posted a single word opinion.

I think the tshirt without the poppy and the writing would be decent. This isn't anti-poppy; I just think the poppy and the writing look a bit shoehorned in. If they want a poppy tshirt with a DAFC connection then I think they could do better. But it seems I'm in the minority anyway, so it just makes their deletion of the post and stopping me posting all the more pathetic and ridiculous.

I have admin control on the Pars United page so I'll look into that for you.

Should people who were posting "Great!" or "Nice!" etc have explained why they thought that?

They could have just asked why I don't like the design if it bothered them so much.

Not sure why I would make up that I can no longer on the page or comment on posts.

Edited by DA Baracus

Yep, DA Baracus is indeed banned. Doesn't seem to be any mechanism to retrieve the post or view who removed it though.

Still familiarising myself with the settings.

Investigation ongoing.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Cheers man.

As I said, if I was abusive or being a dick then fair enough. But it was a one word opinion. At least the person who had an issue with it could simply have asked me why I thought that.

Glad sense has been seen as I've been a supporter of Pars United and would be very disappointed if this is how they operated across the board.