Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Fine with the decision to release Ugwu after JP explaining it. If his wages and accommodation expenses can be used else where or to add a better quality or more consistent player, then that's fine by me. I liked Ugwu, and I would have been happy for him to stay, but overall, he didn't produce the goods enough for us.

In terms of Page, I'd not be surprised to see him leave. Unfortunately, its just not worked out for him this season and he's now 4th choice. If Paterson comes in, he can cover CB in an emergency, so can Millen as well as O'Kane stepping up from the U20s so it would be another wage saved and more funds for JP to use as he so wishes in the transfer market.

Personally, I think we need an experienced LB which it looks like we may get; an experienced CM and either a striker or a winger, depending on where Potts thinks Faissal's preferred position is. These 3 signings are presuming nobody else leaves with the exception of Page as I'd expect that one to go through.

If Paterson comes in, he can cover CB in an emergency, so can Millen as well as O'Kane stepping up from the U20s so it would be another wage saved and more funds for JP to use as he so wishes in the transfer market.

Not getting that at all.

If Paterson comes in, he'll be used as cover for a position where you've already got cover, and that's a wage saved????

Not getting that at all.

If Paterson comes in, he'll be used as cover for a position where you've already got cover, and that's a wage saved????

Paterson's primary role would be left back, a position we needed cover for, but he can also fill in at centre back in an emergency. If Page goes we are left with 3 natural central defenders, two emergency stop gaps in Paterson and Millen -who is our right back - plus O"Kane from our youth. Therefore, we are bringing in a player / coach, covering two bases with one wage, who can also fill in as an emergency in another position, allowing us to save money by allowing Page to leave in stead of paying him to sit in stand as 4th choice.

Paterson's primary role would be left back, a position we needed cover for, but he can also fill in at centre back in an emergency. If Page goes we are left with 3 natural central defenders, two emergency stop gaps in Paterson and Millen -who is our right back - plus O"Kane from our youth. Therefore, we are bringing in a player / coach, covering two bases with one wage, who can also fill in as an emergency in another position, allowing us to save money by allowing Page to leave in stead of paying him to sit in stand as 4th choice.

What he's done here is bring in one of his mates, who Forfar fans aren't exactly raving about, as essentially cover, with an add on that he's going to help out with the U20's. I'm sorry but I cant see how that saves a wage at all. Was there a vacancy for the U20's?

He's also let your top scorer go.

It'll be interesting to see who he brings in but if I were a Dunfy fan I'd be worried about the latest developments.

Edited by Pesadilla

What he's done here is bring in one of his mates, who Forfar fans aren't exactly raving about, as essentially cover, with a add on that he's going to help out with the U20's. I'm sorry but I cant see how that saves a wage at all. Was there a vacancy for the U20's?

It'll be interesting to see who he brings in but if I were a Dunfy fan I'd be worried about the latest developments.

Potter was U20s manager before JJ left so we now need someone to take over the coaching of them which it looks like could be Paterson. I can't really comment on the signing of him as a player as I couldn't tell you how good or bad he has been this season but JP has ticked the boxes so far for what we were looking for -

A player / coach to take the U20s

An experienced pro

Cover for LB

To do all of that with one wage is good on the face of it for me. As I said, if we let Page go and use Paterson as an emergency 4th choice CB at the same time, then we're saving money as Page would be on the pay roll doing the same job - being back up in that position.

Hopefully Page is away. Fucking brutal. Martin isn't that much better. It's a mystery that he gets picked for the Scotland youth team.

Lewis Martin, for his age, is turning in to a fantastic CB

His best match was last game against Rangers in which he scored a cracking header.

Had a dream Faissal had signed for Partick and was pretty disappointed but thankfully I just seem to have boring dreams!

Page leaving would be a big boost. Can't understand why we were paying for Ugwu's digs? Unless it was part of the deal and he got less wages as a result?

Also, can't be too long before Pesadilla comes out the closet as a Pars fan.

What he's done here is bring in one of his mates, who Forfar fans aren't exactly raving about, as essentially cover, with an add on that he's going to help out with the U20's. I'm sorry but I cant see how that saves a wage at all. Was there a vacancy for the U20's?

I'm a Pars fan and I'm delighted with the latest developments, thanks for your concern though.