Walking Down The Halbeath Road

You realise that's not you saying it slowly, just typing weird, yes?

Anyway, I'm not saying we should have kept him. Just bemoaning our luck that he's helping his new team pick up points while we're in the mire.

As for Moffat, if you're the main striker and you're not scoring and not helping others score then you're not doing your job. What difference do his performances make if he's struggling to reach double figures and we're not even in a play-off place? The guy's been a total dud signing so far, which I would not have predicted at all back in the Summer.

Yeah, but hopefully some people take it in that way.

I'm actually in the small band of people who believes Moffat will come good. Apart from the game against Stirling where he was awful his movement was good, his link up play intelligent, he just couldn't dig the ball out when it mattered.

Can someone point out the post where I said the club was a shambles off the pitch? Was accused of it but I cant recall saying it.

Most of the people on dot net represent a very small clique who are all pals and are in total denial about the mess our club is in since Masterton left and fail to see just how unprofessional we are on the pitch.

HTH.

I'm sorry you feel the need to take a break from this forum for a while, but I really think it's in your best interests. You seem incapable of letting go of the past & just about every post you make refers back to the GM era, which I believe to be firmly in the past. I certainly know little about the runnings of our club but what I do know is that the people in charge now have the best interests of the club at heart & won't let us slip into the mess he allowed us to get into.

Gordie and Mr Baracus sum it up. Decent player but like Forbes, he was a big earner and not exactly critical to the team. Moving on these boys allows Potter strengthen where he sees fit. Probably a similar situation to Hubby leaving - decent player but critical to the team and value for money? After Scully and Buchanan there's not many boys who are irreplaceable.

On Moff - I do like him as a player and hope his goal has cleared his head. He has some great touches and turns in that lardy-arsed way that proper old strikers like Duncan Shearer or McCoist do.

Potter has said he's still looking for a few players to bring in. Getting a player of Tidser's quality is unthinkable. Him and Peter MacDonald are brilliant, brilliant signings for them.

Still feel as if we need a CB and a winger. That boy at Airdrie, Everton something, looked class. Apparently he's on loan from Partick for the remainder of the season. He has been solid this season every time I've seen him. Someone like him would do kindly.

When Williamson is back from injury the better. Any update on that, incidentally?

Richards-Everton, and agree he looked decent enough when I've seen him but the suggestions of the airdrie fans is he can be hit or miss. Think he may there for the rest of the season , maybe not.

Center back is the priority, at least to provide cover but need to be at able to put themselves in contention to start.

Winger would be useful as well, Stirling hasn't been good enough.

In an absolute ideal world we'd get two of both, but that's unlikely and probably overkill.

We are very unlikely to be able to match Morton in terms of quality of signings, I'm increasing resigned to not winning the title , we need too much to go wrong to the sides above us. Just need to put together the best side we can and hopefully put a strong enough display in the rest of season and hopefully the play-offs and go up via them.

Edited by parsforlife

Richards-Everton leaves after Saturday's game. Thistle only signed him on a one year contract, so he's off there for the rest of it. As you say, hit or miss. He was excellent on Saturday because he kept it simple, but too often he thinks he's Paolo Maldini and tries to stride out of defence only to be promptly dispossessed.

Still feel as if we need a CB and a winger. That boy at Airdrie, Everton something, looked class. Apparently he's on loan from Partick for the remainder of the season. He has been solid this season every time I've seen him. Someone like him would do kindly.

Richards-Everton, and agree he looked decent enough when I've seen him but the suggestions of the airdrie fans is he can be hit or miss. Think he may there for the rest of the season , maybe not.

Richards-Everton has only a years contract at Thistle. Seems unlikely they'd sign him up for a year then loan him out for that entire period, hence I don't think he'll be coming to us or yourselves.

He's a bit lost if not next to Gasparotto and I don't think too many Airdrie fans would be upset if he went to Dunfy. Far to prone to brainfreezes for my liking.

ETA - f**k you elGringo, f**k you.

Edited by Pesadilla