Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Tells you it all when we're after absolute guff like that.

What does it tell you? That a guy who is available didn't sign for us. What's the problem? Surely it's better to look at him (as I believe we did in a U-20s game) then let the manager decide rather than basing your transfer policy on Pie & Bovril & .net?

Alternatively, try not believing everything you see on here or in the Daily Record.

Edited by da_no_1

What were the problems with Pitreavie? Played a lot of football there in my youth (90's) and always thought the pitches were good and the pavilion was adequate enough.

It was all to do with the lease and Masterton.

Tells you it all when we're after absolute guff like that.

It tells you what? That we're a League 1 club? This is our level now. Accept it. We are not a big team.

Aw here we go with this big team shite again from you.

Where in my post have I said that we were? Tells you what a disastrous campaign this has been. He is not a player we need if we've any ambition to get up the league.

DA Baracus's self-loathing of the Pars is as bad as fans who still think we should be top six in the SPL/Premiership.

Although we're nowhere near as big, your theory would mean a team like Leeds United were no longer a big team when they dropped into the English third tier. Which is utter pish. We're the biggest team in this league, which is why we're getting deservedly laughed at this season. If we were a similar size to Stranraer, Forfar etc then no one would really care how we were doing, outside of maybe Cowden/Rovers fans.

The teams above us have been much better than us this season. They're currently better teams for sure.

Still scratching my head as to what went wrong this season.

We wiped the floor with everyone apart from Rangers last year then we sensibly added to our problem areas yet got a lot worse and seemed helpless to fix the issue.

It's either a confidence thing or the dressing room is gone. I can't say that the team looks like they lack effort, just direction.

Aye it's a puzzler. Up until March last year we were scoring loads and winning most games whilst playing some decent stuff. Then for the last two months of the season our form and performances dropped (complacency?) and we got that shameful hiding from Cowdenbeath in the playoff final. We lost Grainger and Husband, but they weren't exactly influential players. We made what everyone thought were good signungs but we've just got gradually worse.

f**k knows how it happened. From the few games I've seem, other teams aren't better than last season (although I've not seen us play all teams).

I think the rot set in around this time last year. Jefferies really didn't seem to get a grip on the contract situation. There were public fall-outs and too much chat about what the contracts would be in the Championship. Complacency? Arrogance? Sensible Planning?

The young team we were putting out was far from flawless but it was energetic, freescoring and (seemingly) motivated. Bringing in the more experienced boys didn't seem to do anything for the balance.

The summer signings, on paper, all looked good but we still had the bulk of the squad and management who had been regressing for months. The new boys were sucked into the malaise.

The players have lacked confidence but confidence maybe comes from knowing you've been well-coached and well-trained. Look at Peterhead - plenty of us labelled them thugs, and general non-footballers but there's a clear togetherness (ie they're all bampots!) with the players and management. Potter's u20s were excelling for a spell and playing formations that the first team seemed to be crying out for. Since taking over the first team it's really just more of the same of what Jefferies was offering.

Answers on a postcard..

For most of last season we won by playing at a high pace and pushing teams back and back and back until they crumbled. It either happened early on, resulting in an easy win, or it took us right to the death eg those 3 games against Stenny.

We play nothing like that now. Williamson offers us that option but he's injured. Can't remember the exact stats but without him we've lost so many games and only won one, if I remember correctly. Is that coincidental? As soon as he got injured our season has went from quite poor (but still up the top challenging) to complete middle table obscurity failure.