Walking Down The Halbeath Road

There's something not right at our club. How can Potter come out with such an arrogant statement despite total failure?

Also how can any p!ayer respect him after his continous put downs and promotion demotions?

What a mess. If its McPherson then I'm out.

I see the POTY event has rightly turned into Ryan Scully Appreciation Night.

The only player who can proud of his efforts this season, hopefully Partick give him a chance as their first choice goalkeeper next season as he has a terrific future. Thanks for stopping us from getting relegated to League Two.

I don't think it's over exaggerating to say we'd have been in a relegation scrap if it wasn't for Ryan Scully.

Some of the saves he pulled off against Forfar in the 0-0 home draw are the best I've ever seen in the flesh.

I totally agree with BA. We need someone like Alan Johnston or Bollan to come in and turn around the entire setup.

Potter should not be anywhere near the club. Dick Shambles would perhaps get us in the playoffs but we wouldn't be setup for championship football which is where we should be. This season has been a total embarrassment. I'm fucking raging at potters arrogance.

I totally agree with BA. We need someone like Alan Johnston or Bollan to come in and turn around the entire setup.Potter should not be anywhere near the club. Dick Shambles would perhaps get us in the playoffs but we wouldn't be setup for championship football which is where we should be. This season has been a total embarrassment. I'm fucking raging at potters arrogance.

Bollan likes his own staff and he judging by Potters comments I doubt he'd be overly happy if he was to be your next manager

That's the thing. What manager would want to work with a failure?A desperate one like Gus perhaps.

The levels of failure at Dunfermline not only on the pitch, but by the board, is even more hilarious. I genuinely believe if they replaced Jeffries with a proven manager at the time they could've won the league. But to put in an unproven under 20's coach to save costs has resulted in another season in the league. By saving costs on not bringing in someone new and giving the job to someone clearly not up to the job they've lost even more money by staying in the league with no guarantee they will get out of it next season.

And to see the same happening again now is hilarious. Dunfermline want to bring in a good manager to lead them to the title next year but the new manager must accommodate Potter because they can't afford to sack him, leading to a poorer manager coming in and making it more likely the pars self admitted risk of remaining full-time will lead to a complete mess when promotion fails again next season and they are forced to be part-time. Many guys like Bollan and Aitken would probably love a crack at full-time football at some point but being forced to accommodate a clown like Potter makes the job risky and a lot more unappealing. The amount of money wasted and lost this season, next season and possibly the next season because they don't want to pay off Potter is pleasing. Who is running this shambles :lol:

That's a terrific post by the way, accurately sums up what's going on here.

It's a shame that some of the fans won't see it like that though. Most of them on .net were delighted Potter was staying on because he's "Dunfermline through and through", while being too thick to realise that with him staying on, we're unlikely to get the most suitable manager for the job, as they are being forced to work with him.

Because of the feeling of togetherness and the reaction towards the previous board we really got behind the new start and setup. After the excitement wore off and realisation kicked in the staunch supporters of the new regime started to behave in the same way as the last. Now we've just been through our worst season since the 70s and told to thank the players.

Next season is a crossroads

opic Originator: MrEdd

Date: Sat 2 May 22:38

Potter as assistant? why? that's like making the 100 billion dollar man and giving him one arm that has super strength and speed with all sorts of cool stuff built in but making the other arm a partly melted plastic spoon.

I think we need to be looking forwards, a decision has been made and whilst it's not ideal the reasons are understandable and we need to work within that, I think the anger here needs to subside, nothing notable is going to happen for at least 2 weeks, take some time out and let's see how where we are in a few weeks.