Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That's Stranraer gubbed and won't be going up. Odds on Aitken will shorten now. Really hope we get him.

Yep, he's my clear favourite, tonight's result is a big positive in helping make it happen. Hopefully Forfar see it out on Saturday and we'll see him interviewed next week.

Well, you have to take the money factor in. After managing Killie and probably being on a good wage, I doubt we'd be able to match Johnston's wishes, financially. That's just my thinking, could be totally wrong though. Aitken, given his interview on BBC Alba when they played Morton, is definitely looking to go full-time and has worked nothing short of miracles for Stranraer the past two seasons whilst playing good football with well structured tactics. We'd definitely be able to pay him vastly superior wages to what Stranraer are giving him whilst also offering full-time football. Said wage might not be appealing to guys like Johnston or Adams after earning, probably, a lot more with teams higher up the divisions. That's just my thinking, but both those men might not be too swayed by money and just want to get back into football.

I would take any of the favourites tbh bar MacPherson, but I think Aitken ticks all the boxes: knows how to win in this division with a tight budget, definitely financially viable, would be good for the long-term, young manager with bright ideas etc etc. Would be a real breathe of fresh air and is my favourite for the job (think each Pars fan has their favourite out of the candidates for different reasons) but, as I've said, would take any one of Bollan, Aitken, Johnston or Adams.

Just to add, can see Jonston or Adams going to Raith Rovers.

To be honest, i'd be happy enough with any of the major candidates being discussed, to an extent, any of them are a bit of a gamble. We thought we were onto a winner by signing the best players in the league last year after all. I just want a quick decision so we can get on with things.

James Thomas (age 17) seems like character (interview on COWS).

Interesting to hear a young player come out with the same criticism the fans have been highlighting about the first team, and also on the Moffat thread.

Talking about being up against Russell Anderson in the u20s the other night: I thought he could be a bit slower than me because I am younger but we didn't play to my strengths, I like the ball over the top and in behind.

Edited by Shandon Par

You have a point but forfar imploded that day. Stranraer are out. Is aitken really that good?

Are any of the candidates? None stand out for me, but in Aitken I do see a manager who knows his stuff in this league.

THought Aitken contributed massively to the result last night with strange subs/tactics and we were much better on the night.

Threw it away to get his arse in the EEP hot-seat as soon as possible then...

Press call at 2pm to announce new manager. Exciting! It's not anyone who is currently in a job with their season still to go (obviously) so it's going to be Adams, Johnston or Bollan (McBookie saying Johnston is the man, let's see).

Scottish Sun have said it's Johnston. Very pleased with this news. Aitken was my favourite in terms of finances etc but seeing as how we can afford him, Johnston is a massive appointment for us.