Walking Down The Halbeath Road

No point rushing signings although maybe one half decent one will boost sales.

I see Richie Brittain is leaving Ross County. Always liked him, maybe worth a years contract? This is the type of player we could get hopefully.

I see Richie Brittain is leaving Ross County. Always liked him, maybe worth a years contract? This is the type of player we could get hopefully.

Would be surprised if a Championship or even a bottom 6 SPL team doesn't get him.

- We're a League 1 club

- We made a loss of around £250,000 last season

- The board statement said further cuts are needed.

Evrn if we, a League 1 club, could afford the wages of a player who was playing in the Premiership last season, why would he come to us, a League 1 club, instead of another Premiership or a Championship club?

It's not so outrageous when you think that if no top six champ side wants him then to stay full time there's not many other options. Full time should mean we can tempt players like this. We managed to get Forbes straight from the SPL and Scully and others on loan.

We should definitely stay within budget but I think an experienced player coach would do wonders and is maybe worth taking a small gamble on.

Someone with something still to offer or prove. If Forfar, Stranraer etc can get good professionals than why can't we?

It also might be possible to offer part time to someone like this so they can get into coaching at the same time. Pretty sure we will see some decent signings. Quality over quantity.

Not the best appointment IMO but not too much of a surprise either, wonder where that leaves potter, officially u20s coach?

No, he's still 'head coach' officially. Unofficially I'm not sure. Could be interesting.

It's not so outrageous when you think that if no top six champ side wants him then to stay full time there's not many other options. Full time should mean we can tempt players like this. We managed to get Forbes straight from the SPL and Scully and others on loan.

We should definitely stay within budget but I think an experienced player coach would do wonders and is maybe worth taking a small gamble on.

Someone with something still to offer or prove. If Forfar, Stranraer etc can get good professionals than why can't we?

It also might be possible to offer part time to someone like this so they can get into coaching at the same time. Pretty sure we will see some decent signings. Quality over quantity.

But every top 6 team in the Championship would probably sign him if they could. He's a very decent player.

Full time does not mean we can attract players who were previously playing in the Premiership unless they fancy a very steep drop in wages. Loan signing are different as we won't have to meet the full wages, but we'd be competing with quite a few of the Championship clubs.

We won't be getting any experienced player coaches as we have a first team coaching staff of 3 now. We absolutely shouldn't be 'gambling' anyway.

We can attract good professionals. Have you just erased season 2013/14 from your mind completely? The players were fine then until the final playoff game. And we released 18 players, so who exactly do you think we'll be getting in? Utter wasters, just for a laugh?

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure a full time player can still get in to coaching. At our level especially, 'full time' is nothing of the sort. Not to say we shouldn't be signing part time players though; if they're good enough I'm all for it.

I think it's a really important signing. It has been downhill since Gerry McCabe left. I know we had a decent spell in the 2013-14 season but that was largely due to the enthusiasm and goalscoring heroics of lots of the young lads. Even then we were a bit chaotic but able to grind out wins late on. Last season we were really found out - the full time training made no difference when we were coming up against better-drilled sides.

Sandy Clark was the coach during the Calderwood era and there can't be many complaints about the team from those years - yes, we had players we couldn't afford but we were slick, well-organised, fit. Title wins at Queens and Albion Rovers, plus helping save Killie from the drop in recent times. It's a solid first move by AJ.

Went to see Albion Rovers a few times that season there and I quite liked the cut of his jib. A strong dugout coupled with a solid squad and I'll be confident we can get promoted.