Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I thought Johnston was waiting to reveal a real top signing as his first one. Something to set the tone & inspire the players & supporters. General response is.... muted.

:lol:

I thought Johnston was waiting to reveal a real top signing as his first one. Something to set the tone & inspire the players & supporters. General response is.... muted.

Yes and there was a multitude of international superstars waiting desperately by their phones waiting on Allan Johnston from scottish third tier side Dunfermline Athletic to give them the all important call to open contract negotiations.

Seriously though, who the f**k were you expecting him to sign?

Yes and there was a multitude of international superstars waiting desperately by their phones waiting on Allan Johnston from scottish third tier side Dunfermline Athletic to give them the all important call to open contract negotiations.

Seriously though, who the f**k were you expecting him to sign?

Greg Spence probably. Unlucky.

Lee Robinson, Dougie Hill & some nutter fae Livi. Exactly the type of players you should be signing! Experienced pros. Nearly got us up. Yet pars fans whining about the prospect of signing Robinson & Hill but expecting ex-internationals. You are where you are and maybe Johnston announcing Talbot instead of Thompson is, in itself, a clear message to the division's "big" team.

Anybody able to shed some light on SB's fixation with us signing Steven Thompson? Because that's the first I've heard of this 'rumour'.

Edited by Islay

Anybody able to shed some light on SB's fixation with us signing Steven Thompson? Because that's the first I've heard of this 'rumour'.

The only place I've seen that mentioned is .net. By the same poster who suggested we might be signing Chic Charnley. So either our obsessed friend has actually been trawling .net in a quite frankly pathetic attempt to be outraged and been taken in by an obvious troll, or he's imagined it.

The only place I've seen that mentioned is .net. By the same poster who suggested we might be signing Chic Charnley. So either our obsessed friend has actually been trawling .net in a quite frankly pathetic attempt to be outraged and been taken in by an obvious troll, or he's imagined it.

Then I'm surprised that he has missed the story about the butcher in Perth that allegedly said we are in talks with James McFadden, I imagine if he had read that then he would have spontaneously combusted with rage.