Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Can't blame the players for taking the dosh if the person who was running the club at the time was daft enough to offer them the contracts.

Correct. I'd have did the same if I was Stevie Crawford.

Aye, because you're going to turn down that money of course.

They were part of the best Pars team I've ever seen. It wasn't worth the club almost going out of business but they were very good. Crawford and Brewster were one of the best non-OF strike partnerships there's been.

Agreed - I'm not trying to say it wasn't an excellent team - of course it was. My point is that, while they were giving all pars fans knicker wetting inducing performances, nobody thought to ask the question as to how it may all end up. It nearly put you out of business. Incidentally, I remember us taking you all the way at Central Park against that side. What a night that could have been. Great game.

Pretty much my thoughts, the price wasn't worth paying, but just because we have/are going through some shit times doesn't suddenly make good memories turn bad, I enjoyed watching those players and recent events won't change that

As above.

You being incredibly bitter for unknown reasons is more hilarious.

No bitterness here. I just like the fact my club have gone about its business in an honest manner. You can't say the same about your club regardless of who was at fault.

Think he's just upset that Cowdenbeath couldn't even put together a legends team as they've not done anything significant in over 130 years.

Again, I reiterate, my club hasn't been in the position of having to screw lots of local businesses in order to survive and arguably, be in a better position at the other end. I'm proud of that. I appreciate your comment is slightly tongue in cheek, but if you want an example then more than 8000 of you lot witnessed something 'significant' at EEP on the 18th day of May 2014. Remember? Or were you one of the thousands that left before the 3rd goal hit the net?

There were plenty of fans who called for change after the first sign of trouble but were silenced and banned from the dot net website.

It was obviously Masterton trying to cover up his mess behind it all and even up to the last minute on TV he was lying through his teeth about the money troubles.

If your chairman was one of the major players in the banks you would tend to trust that the money situation was being handled well. I'm pretty sure any other club would've had the same outcome so don't try to take the moral highground.

Our fans and club showed what we're like by sorting out the game for one of your players but still there's a massive insecure chip on the shoulders of many Cowden fans.

Hopefully this season will see normality restored with us pumping you four times.

Again, I reiterate, my club hasn't been in the position of having to screw lots of local businesses in order to survive and arguably, be in a better position at the other end. I'm proud of that. I appreciate your comment is slightly tongue in cheek, but if you want an example then more than 8000 of you lot witnessed something 'significant' at EEP on the 18th day of May 2014. Remember? Or were you one of the thousands that left before the 3rd goal hit the net?

Says a lot that beating us counts as significant to you.

edit- I stayed until the 3rd goal. Then I had to leave or I wouldn't have been getting a lift home.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre